Supporters Shield not the real one???

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by Decepticon LazerBeak, Sep 30, 2003.

1. A buddy of mine that works out in LA who use to work in Miami told me that the first supporters shield was stolen....

Is this True?

2. MLS3

MLS3 New Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Pac NW
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    don't you work for the metros, MLS HQ and for AEG?? you should know the answer...

3. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

Ted Cikowski has gone missing lately. Who wants to bet he pops up just as Chicago wins the damn thing and demands the league restore the Fusion or he's melting the trophy down?

4. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    If we're lucky, he'll turn up in a garbage dump in New Jersey.

5. McGinty

McGinty Member

Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    "How can I get revenge for the contraction of the Fusion? I know, I'll just be a jacka$$ to other supporters."

6. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's probably remembering back when the Miami fan club was the shield's holder. Then the team was folded, and the fans said they wouldn't give it up. But they were talked to and convinced to let it go, so now it resides ... damn. Shows you how much I've been paying attention the past year or two.

Anyway, the short answer is, no, it wasn't stolen.

Course, since I've just proven how much I've been paying attention, I could very well be wrong.

Just figured I'd try to inject a real answer.

7. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something which purports to be the Supporters' Shield is sitting in the trophy case at the Stadium Club Restaurant at the south end of HDC/ Victoria Street. (Or at least it was there last Saturday night when I ate there.)

8. vicdena03

vicdena03 New Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Pasadena
  9. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    This is the Supporters Shield:

[​IMG]

... and being presented formally at the 2002 MLS Awards Gala in Providence, R.I.

[​IMG]

The Magpie

10. OBartleby

OBartleby New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    Kansas City, MO
    Yes, okay, nice pictures -- but does anyone know if the one pictured here is the original one, or does this Ted dude from Miami still have stowed away in his parents' attic, waiting for the day for when Fusion FC return to Miami?

Conspiring minds poised to blow.... er, I mean, inquiring minds want to know.

11. whirlwind

whirlwind New Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Plymouth, MI, USA
    Our trophy is a frigging Pontiac logo???

[​IMG]

12. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    San Diego
    If you don't want it...we'll just keep it in our trophy case, since that is where it will return next season :D

13. whirlwind

whirlwind New Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Plymouth, MI, USA
    Why, are they re-allocating Mathis back to you again?

:)

BTW: EPL Prediction League site *rocks.* Great design.

14. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    San Diego
    Anything to get rid of Hong...no seriously...

Thx...although...I only spent about 45 minutes doing the graphics on that...a new and improved version is coming soon...and it will have more than just the EPL...

15. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    I can attest that, yes, that is the original trophy. It was threatened to be stolen, but hence returned, albiet with an unsolicited plaque which was removed (seen in picture above, something along teh line of "in recognition to Miami and Tampa fans blah blah blah..."

16. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    The base of the Shield is the only thing that has changed.

17. AriesFlame

AriesFlame New Member

Nov 28, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hey, maybe the makers of Pontiacs (GM? Correct me if I'm wrong. It is one of the Big Three) will become sponsors. More sponsorship money can't hurt. Might also spur expansion to Detroit.