**supporters' Section - 6/4 - Salt Lake City

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by rksehga, Apr 12, 2005.

1. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    EXACTLY what I thought when I got home from my trip last Wednesday & saw the envelope. Only took me about 2 seconds to figure it out.

CAN'T WAIT for June 4!!!

2. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I needed more than luck...S1 and S2 are sold out!!

And he knew what he was talking about. After he said S1 was sold out he then volunteered, "...and S2 is sold out too."

That's really impressive...sad that I won't be with you guys...up at row 50 on the halfway line.

3. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Bigdog, this seems to conflict with your reports in the other Info thread.

This will be really frustrating if there's people all over the stadium that wanted to be in the supporters' section, were told it was sold out, then show up to see our section not packed. Especially since you were saying that once fans are in the stadium they can not enter into the South sections, therefore keeping them from "wandering" over.

4. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    Guys, I have reported the problem to USSF:
    events@ussoccer.com
    Lets test the theory today. Even if you have your tickets please help out here. I would like some of us to call today 1-801-581-8849 when they open 10 MT and test the theory and report back here Please call the #, tell them you want tickets for the US v CR match 6/4 in the US Supporters/Sams Army Sections S1/S2. Push the issue if they tell you they are not available, ask for a manager, etc. and please report back on what happens today as I will. Lets work this mutha ****** out.
    Bd

5. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    ********Ok Folks, per USSF please DISREGARD THE PREVIOUS PHONE INFO for Salt Lake City. The US Supporters section S1/S2 from this point on will use the following PDF Order form to order direct from USSF going forward. note: If someone could please pass this on the Salt Lake City board as well it would be greatly appreciated. THX
    Bd

Salt Lake City 6/4 US Supporters S1/S2 order form:
    http://dps.altdc3.va.twimm.net/USSF/doc/content/doc_6_261.pdf

6. rabble-rabble

rabble-rabble Member

Jul 26, 2004
    West Jordan, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There seems to be some confusion over the stadium configuration. (In particular there is a misconception that you can’t get from the south stands to other parts of the stadium.) Most of Rice-Eccles stadium was rebuilt in the late 90s. The main part of the stadium is horseshoe shaped with the closed end in the north end zone. The south end zone is not connected to the horseshoe. It is a separate structure that was built in the 80s and includes the locker rooms and facilities for the marching band (for college pointy ball games). Behind the south stands is a large plaza with food booths, games, entertainers, and lots of other activities. (For those coming into the area for the first time, you can get a close up view of the Olympic Flame, and the Hoberman (sp?) Arch from the 2002 Olympic games.) There are a few entrances from the plaza into the south stands.

Once you are in the gates you can pretty much go anywhere in the plaza or the horseshoe, but for most soccer games, the entrances from the plaza into the south stands are blocked off. (If you try to walk into the south stands, an usher will likely just come up to you and politely ask you to leave that section.) For the qualifier, they are opening the south stands, setting aside 2 of the 5 sections for Sam’s Army. (This was mainly so they don’t have to bump season ticket holders to make room for the US Support section.)

If you exit the south stands, you will be on the plaza and still be well inside the stadium gates and can go into the other seating sections (or back into the south stands) as you desire. The only possible restriction I see for the qualifier is that if the south stands start getting too full with people with seats in other areas trying to join the US section, they might post ushers at the entrances from the plaza to the south stands and start checking ticket stubs. There are so many fans coming over to mingle with the "Loyalists" RSL support group, that having a partly empty Sam's Army area is definitely not going to happen.

I should note that for the first 2 games, there have been “NO RE-ENTRY” signs as you enter the stadium gates and give them your ticket, so while you should be able to wander all over the seating areas and plaza, you probably can't go back to your vehicle for a quick refreshment between matches.

7. alman02

alman02 New Member

May 19, 2005
    curious...where are all the costa ricans gathering? perhaps a quick shout out to those people who are sitting near them to drown them out would be in order? any one have an idea? does rice eccles have an unofficial "opponents fan section"?

let me know...thanks

8. bostonbully

bostonbully New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Last I heard was that the gathering for Costa Rica fans is at the Irish pub called The Dubliner in City Centre on Faroe Islands. Go there, and send all Costa Rica diehards there, as there will be plenty of supporters to share in like joy. Post match sudsfest is there, too.

:D

9. Clinton AFC

Clinton AFC New Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Clinton
    I read somewhere on these threads that many Ticos are staying at the Marriot on the U of U campus. That's also supposed to be the hotel that the CR team is staying at.

You might also look at the CR supporters threads (if you can read Spanish) to see if their fans are planning some sort of rave up the night before. And of course, I'm sure they'll be visible during the tailgating.

10. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Tailgate Question:
    As always it's BYOB for the tailgate, but I have a question for those that know the rules around SLC.

What are the transportation rules if we decide to take TRAX to the game? I'd prefer do it that way, but when I'm at away events I like to go buy a styrofoam cooler, get some beer and take it. That way there is nothing to haul back after the game. Anyone have any insight on this? Otherwise I'll just be filling up a 2 Liter of Coke with some rum. :)

11. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    I may have found my own answer. On the UTA website it says that not "food, drink,...are allowed on the trains." I wouldn't think that would mean you can't carry a plastic sack with stuff in it on the bus, would it? Heck, I'm sure some people take the train to the store don't they? ;)

12. Aero

Aero Member

Feb 7, 2005
    SLC, Ut
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure that as long as you aren't drinking it on the train, you will probably be okay. I've seen people on there before with all kinds of packages and stuff. I don't think it will be a problem.

13. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    [​IMG]

Best available tickets:
    Endline Seating (Yellow - $25) - SOLD OUT
    Corner Seating (Orange - $36) - W07 Row 30
    Sideline Seating (Blue - $48) - W15 Row 10
    Center Midfield (Red - $68) - E36 Row 24

14. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there a Friday night get-together for the supporters?

15. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
  16. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    good luck at the game guys!

Make it a good atmosphere please

CMON USA

17. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    "God Bless America" should become our "You'll never walk alone"

18. Hayduke

Hayduke Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Pleasanton, CA
    Battle hymn of the Republic kids.

You are at the center of American patriotism. Make the right call.

19. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God Bless America or Battle Hymn of the Republic??

BOTH excellent choices!!! Can't go wrong with either one.

20. cnaw

cnaw Member

New Mexico United
    United States
    Jul 28, 1999
    New Mexico
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I personly don't like God Bless America. I'd rather sing America the Beautiful. Thats a song that gets to your( well my) heart. Katharine Lee Bates wrote three versions of the poem, so one would need to choose between the original or the revisions.

As a distant 2nd, I'd go with the Batle Hymn of the Republic.

21. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    I don't even know the words to those songs.

22. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    America the Beautiful. We usually only do the first verse (not a music person, so I don't know if that's the right word).

God Bless America, we do the second verse.

23. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are we still doing that at a regular interval in the game? I know at one point we planned on doing it at a certain point in each half....

24. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh

Sing Both before/after the match.

I agree, making it our YNWA would be excellent. Good idea

25. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't it use to be God Bless America at 9;11.