**supporters' Section - 6/4 - Salt Lake City

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by rksehga, Apr 12, 2005.

1. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc
    Hey all, we've been working diligently to try to get the Supporters' Section info for this match out the same day as the presale.

Seeing as the presale starts tomorrow, that is not going to happen.

THERE WILL BE A SUPPORTERS' SECTION. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BUY TICKETS IN THE SUPPORTERS' SECTION THROUGH THE USSOCCER.COM PRESALE.

We should have more info by Friday. We hope to not have this problem with the Hartford and Columbus matches.

Thanks for your patience - Rishi

2. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Rishi - thanks for your perserverence!

3. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for handling this, Rishi.

4. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rishi, you da man!

I heard that the designated supporter's section only holds 350 or so? Do we have space to expand if need be? I hope?

5. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc
    happy to do it (bump)

6. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc
    Damas y Caballeros,

HERE IS THE TICKET ORDERING INFO FOR TICKETS IN THE US SUPPORTERS' SECTION!!

Unlike past matches, you will only be able to order these tickets via TELEPHONE.

The Phone number is 801-581-8849. Tickets go on sale TUESDAY, APRIL 19. The phone lines will be open from 10am - 6pm MOUNTAIN TIME.

You MUST Specifically ask for tickets in the SUPPORTERS' SECTION.

If you have any questions, post them. GO USA!

7. lou czar

lou czar Member

Sep 26, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw this too late, I tried my best to buy nearby the supporters section in presale.

Can anyone in the know tell us which sections are the closest and available, for either pre-sale or if the supporters section fills early. I hope there is overflow of the 300+ seats and I end up in the expanded section!

8. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Rishi!

9. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    here is a map of stadium seating:
    http://www.stadium.utah.edu/maps/seating/stadiumFrm.html

if i've read correctly, the supporters' section is in the south endzone, S1 and S2. i believe the south endzone is otherwise closed, so if S1 and S2 sell out, i don't know why they couldn't/wouldn't open up S3, S4, and S5 as well, but who knows. that said, if i'm not mistaken, these two sections hold over 1000 persons, so if they're limiting it to 300, it may be for reasons unrelated to capacity.

from the presale, the closest corner appears to be sections E42, E41, E40 and so on. this would be the most natural extension, and there's no reason you can't make it happen unofficially if you're loud enough :)

10. Swede

Swede New Member

Feb 1, 2000
    Chicago IL
    I bought 2 tickets in S4. The other sections are forsale in the presale. If they're not, I need to make a call.

11. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    i thought i read somewhere that they weren't selling anything in the south endzone, but if you got tix there in the pre-sale, i must have been wrong about that. sorry.

12. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc
    I believe you are correct about the South endzone not normally being open for RSL matches. For this match, the South end zone will be open.

13. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DAMMIT!!!

I'm heading out of the country on Monday morning (PT) & won't be back in L.A. until April 27. Not sure if I'll have the opportunity to get to a phone on Tuesday, as I'll be traveling around Colombia, visiting family.

What are the chances that there will still be tickets available, in the US supporters section, on April 27 or 28??

ANY help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

14. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc
    Tickets will be $25 each with a $2.20 service fee for EACH ticket. I cannot guess as to the availability of tickets on the 27th or 28th. My suggestion would be to leave your credit card info with a friend and have them order your ticket for you.

15. nimitivd

nimitivd Member

Mar 27, 2005
    las vegas
    sweet. thanks for the info. Can't wait for the game.

16. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
  17. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
  18. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc
    Party People,

When you call the Ticket line, you may be told that all the endline seats are sold out. Do not fret - we are not there yet. Some of the folks answering the phones have not been full briefed on the Sams Army Supporters' Section (different people at the ticket office seem to recognize it by different names).

Anyway, be persistent - if you call and someone says they are sold out - Kindly remind them that you are looking for tickets in the Supporters Section (Sections S1 & S2).

Good luck folks!

19. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
  20. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    SLC SPOTS FOR GET TOGETHERS :

Iggy's Sports Grill
    677 S 200 W
    Salt Lake City, Utah 84101-2711
    Tel: (801) 532-9999
    http://www.iggyssportsgrille.com
    http://utah.citysearch.com/profile?id=10372223
    -Highly recommended by The Loyalists RSL Supporters as being friendly and loyal to SLC Grass roots soccer. All ages.
    They have FSC and the MLS Direct package and they look forward to seeing you all anytime that weekend.

Skybox Sports Grille
    4 South Rio Grande Street
    Gateway Plaza
    Salt Lake City, UT 84111
    (801) 456-1200
    http://www.skyboxgateway.com/
    -Big American Sports Grille. All ages. Not always soccer friendly in the past but recommended by RSL staff for after the match 6/4.

Murphy's Bar & Grill Club
    160 S Main St
    Salt Lake City, UT 84101-1602
    (801) 359-7271
    http://www.skisaltlake.com/murphys.htm
    -Small traditional Pub. *21&Over*. FSC. Free temporary membership at the door. Call ahead for WCQ match schedule.

-Site where you can print out a FREE temporary membership to some SLC "private clubs/bars" in SLC.
    http://www.saltlakecityutah.org/nightlife.htm

-and a site with Utah's Liquor laws:
    http://www.alcbev.state.ut.us/Liquor_Laws/liquor_laws_affecting_visitors.html

21. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    Bump

22. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok - I'm booked. I think he said row 12. I don't recall what section. I didn't have to tell him what I meant regarding supporters' section, but, I did have to tell him the Postal Code for Virginia. :eek:

23. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    I know what you mean - luckily my wife was able to remind me of my zip code!

I'm in S1 - don't care about the row or seat!

24. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    My tickets arrived for section S1 today! We're staying at the Holiday Inn downtown, anyone else there?

Also, BigDog/Rishi/SLC Folks: What are the "official" plans for getting together Friday and Saturday nights? Or are those coming soon?

25. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    See above