support for our supporters

Discussion in 'Galaxy Supporters Clubs' started by DeStruCtiON18, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Koz

Koz New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now it is. Since late last season they've been going with "love." :D

2. soccermom12

soccermom12 New Member

May 30, 2006
    I have stood close to the RS THIS season and I have only heard about 30-40% of their 100+ members coming anywhere close to saying Love! So u can not say all of the RS say love, and the ones that do are drowned out by the many that don't!

oh by the way it is so great to see the young children standing there while those few yell "F*** your women and drink your beer" loud and clear!

3. jameseyla

jameseyla Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What do you have against queen latifah, salt n pepa, missy elliot, and lil' kim? they're just trying to make a living.

edit: seriously, if you need to learn the difference between rape and fsck'ing, PM me.

4. LuvKeane

LuvKeane New Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Section 138
    For that first bit, I will try to not rap the "White and Nerdy" song around you coz as latina as I am, I can totally relate to it. Just like jamesey posted above, those female rappers were big insparations to me. So I guess me rapping men, like Snoop Dogg and Weird Al, doesn't work either??

For drinking alcohol, ever thought of moving up to Salt Lake, UTAH?

And no one is holding you down nor are you shackled to your seats, move to 102 if you wish!!

5. LuvKeane

LuvKeane New Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Section 138
    Start 'em while their young!!!

This is going off topic but I don't know what it is with this generation of parents. Being from Venezuela, the same word for f***, is used as a comma and a punctuation point in a sentence. Was I allowed to say this when I was young? No, my parents taught me better! Just like many PARENTS, films, family members curse but we were what it was ok for us to say until we got older.

6. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, is it hard just to teach your kids not to repeat those things? I remember going to a Mex-Gua game in San Diego when I was little and asking my dad what a "culero" was. I just remember him laughing but he told me what it was and to only say it at soccer games. I learned so many new words that day lol. In Mexico and other latin country's, they don't make big deals out of bad words like they do here but that's just how it is here.

7. Rodneyd444

Rodneyd444 New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    La Habra, CA
    Have you ever been to Salt Lake City, UT? They have pleanty of alcohol (there is not too much else to do). I have nothing wrong with people drinking I have been known to put a few away (probably too much on occasion) myself. But was does that have to do with supporting the team?

8. LuvKeane

LuvKeane New Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Section 138
    What does popcorn have to do with watching a movie?

btw, try hitting "f7" and running a spell check before you post. Eye kant reed wot yoo right.

9. jameseyla

jameseyla Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're supporting our camaraderie because a lot of us have made great relationships through LARS. Where else will you see a group of preppy white guys, tattooed skinheads, immigrants, liberals, conservatives, hipsters and geeks. It is a bonus we've all unexpectedly earned from being a Galaxy supporter and we like to let everyone know it with that song.

Furthermore, we even tried changing it from "Riot Squad we are here" to "Galaxy we are here" but the Galaxians would just bang drums through it while chanting about potassium in bananas or burritos or something.

edit: BTW: You're an idiot for suggesting LARS promotes rape. With that kind of comprehension how do you function throughout the day? I really tried to support and welcome the Galaxians as neighbours this season. Any LARSer can tell you I successfully got LARS to join in some of the chants the Galaxians started, including some at the game on Wednesday. The majority of your statements and actions essentially tell us to fsck-off. I'm not going to take that. The rest of LARS won't either.

10. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    You're not going to take it, what does that mean, you're going to go beat him up?

I warned you not to post threats and attack other users, so this thread is officialy closed.

11. footballforever

footballforever New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think all of what has been said here, is, for the part, true. Changing the ole, ole, ole to la, la, la would be a nice touch. But what I am really commenting on is the idea of a 30 second video asking (maybe even telling everyone) to participate in a song or chant. If everyone was on the same page and was "led" by the video screen, I feel people would be more inclined to join in. We all know the average sports fan in America has to be told when to cheer. (Ex: "defence" chant in bball, and that stupid chivas announcer on corner kicks).

Anyways, thats not really the point of my comment, what Im really askin' is...

My vote for team song (that's "taught" on the videoscreen) goes to: "You can never rest easy" What does everyone else think?!?!

PS: As good as it sounds with 200-300 RSers singin' it...it would sound amazing if it were 20,000. With enough planning from the FO and loud voices from the RS leading the way, I think we can truely blow the roof off the HDC.

12. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I've moved this thread here to the Galaxy Supporters Clubs sub form, it seemd fitting, especially if all the bickering is going to continue.

13. EforEx

EforEx New Member

Apr 27, 2007
    LOS ANGELES
    you hit the nail on the head rodney, you and others like you who believe this is your team, an american team, I know you wish we would al go to the chiva fan base because you believe that is where we all belong! The problem is that, american-english v. american-spanish! I said, since this started at the begining of the season sitting near 137/138 they would not mix on RSB and here! Its not your team american or otherwise its L.A.s team and L.A. IS multicultural so if drums is to ones liking and not to another then the only solution is sit as far away as possible otherwise who ever sings the loudest wins! who ever has the most supporters wins! now I know who will ultimately win is the HDC pocketbook, the bottomline! fan interest at a revived high, passion up! Disrespecting by standing behind a group when you outnumber that group to begin with is dumb, just sing your assess of and if your louder than your neighbors or not is not really the point is it! you want to dominate the sound space of the stadium, you want to be the soundtrack for the G'S, O.K. so does everyone else, good everyone sing your assess of because GOD knows I don't want to hear the F'en PA guy!, so please, please sing (hollywood american idols), chant (english), canta (spanish), drum, jump, wave flag, blow horn, throw paper (stream, confetti) clap, whistle, move side to side, do the Ole' everytime there is a completed pass, anything that is seen across the planet in any given language, culture, so I dont have to hear the F'en PA Guy anymore anouncing the fan of the F'en game!!!!!:cool: Just take the stick out of your collective asssess and root for your F'en team in any way shape or form! and if you dont like Noise then go home and never come out!!!!:cool:

14. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Wow, do all of those things, but leave the toilet rolls, streamers, paper sh*te at home. Theres nothing worse than watching a game that looks like it nearly got cancelled because of an explosion at a nearby toilet roll factory. No problem with that over here, you'd get arrested if you threw something from the stand.

Best to at least temporarily get together for the Becks debut, make a wall of noise to greet fat Franks Chelsea!

15. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry Profiled, but that's lame.
    I respect your moderating, but this is just lame.

16. John Kevin W. Desk

John Kevin W. Desk New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    No, it's American-suck v. American not-suck. I'm getting a little tired of the Galaxians trying to disguise their shortcomings by making this some kind of half-assed racial issue.

17. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    I agree.

18. Rodneyd444

Rodneyd444 New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    La Habra, CA
    Last night after Cobi scored two goals a lot of people in the stand were cheering Cobi-Cobi. and L A GALAXY toward the end of the game; what would be great if that would happen more, getting the rest of the crowd involved.

If the rest of the crowd including the Luxury seat people would cheer for the Galaxy and not so much tension between the two groups over self serving chant(s) of one group and the continual off beat drumming of the other group it would be a lot better as a whole for everybody.

19. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    problem with the confetti is most of it is shot off by confetti cannons by the FO, this is fairly common in MLS. Its an American thing.

20. lagalaxytrueblue

Apr 13, 2008
    America
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can not argue with the Galaxians spirit. I like how they are by themselves now so they do not anger any of the wonderful LARS assholes.

Only one thing in agreement with LARS. Galaxians drums are off beat.

I am happy a new fan group has formed because they have potential to be different than LARS, in a good way.

21. Koz

Koz New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What exactly do you have against LARS? Or are you one of the people who sit and watch a soccer game as if they're in a morgue?

22. lagalaxytrueblue

Apr 13, 2008
    America
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have posted many posts about why I am against LARS in the blog thank you lars in the supporters clubs section. Check it out.

And I did agree with LARS members on one thing.

And also, to answer your question, no. I am one of the most animate people you will see at a Galaxy game. I honestly do not care what people think. I yell I scream I rant I curse and I chant, even though no one else chants around me.

23. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First, thank you for creating a sock puppet LAST WEEK to make your opinion known about a single supporters group. That shows you have the motivation and the willingness to scream wildly via the internet, and everybody knows that arguing over the internet is an amazing way to influence people to your cause. We salute your tenacity.

Second, thank you for supporting the Los Angeles GALAXY!

Tommy Mack
    LA Riot Squad

24. lagalaxytrueblue

Apr 13, 2008
    America
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would you like to maybe meet in person to discuss out different views?

I would be more than willng due to the fact that you are now indirectly saying I am not willing to speak publicly about my opinions when I have done just that many times in the past. Also, I did have a previous Big Soccer name of which I forgot the password, so believe me when I say that I have said things about LARS in the past.

This is another reason I do not like LARS. Just look foolish.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=VYRR97wmWMw

And I would actually like to thank you for supporting the LA Galaxy.

25. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is getting silly. My name is Tommy Mack, and I'm more than willing to talk to any Galaxy fan to discuss our mutual passion. I'm always in section 138, AND I'll go further... I'll buy you a beer.

I have no beef with you. Nobody in LARS does. And I'll gladly take in your opinions on how to improve the Galaxy's premiere supporters' group. By the way, I'm easy to find. I'm the ugly one.

Tommy Mack
    LARS

PS: The video you referenced is from the Amazing Kevin from http://www.getme2thegalaxy.co.uk/. You can insult me all you want, but please kindly refrain from insulting our brothers from across the pond.