support for our supporters

Discussion in 'Galaxy Supporters Clubs' started by DeStruCtiON18, Jul 5, 2007.

1. jameseyla

jameseyla Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    see, this is the kind of clueless comment that is really silly to make.
    The leadership has tried to work together. you'd know that if you were involved.
    There was some cooperation at a few games earlier this year. you'd know that if you were involved.
    the LARSer you mentioned was the first one in the galaxians section. you'd know that if you were involved.

2. flava

flava Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Is this the beer talking? :D

3. jameseyla

jameseyla Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're previous posts showed a lack of understanding about the situation, but you were making shiny happy comments about how we should all just get along. Your comments, along with many others are just not relevant or informed.

4. jameseyla

jameseyla Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    maybe. I had a light dinner so there is a buzz!

5. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Close thread, this is all that needs to be said to anyone who doesn't sit with us.

6. Futbolfan77

Futbolfan77 New Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Upland, CA
    Well my dad is a Galaxy season seat holder and I've been to most of the Galaxy games this season, and yes I am Chivas but I'm also a huge soccer fan and I just love going to HDC to watch soccer (no matter who's playing). But my dad and I (we sit in sec. 142) have noticed "division" between the Riot Squad and Galaxians. Both groups are great supporters, they give the game a great atmosphere. But I do think the Galaxians should be on the other side of the stadium, section 138 is the Riot Squad's when ever I see 138 I think of the Riot Squad, even at Chivas games, 138 does not look the same without the Riot Squad. Bottom line both support groups are great, but they should be in diffrent sections of HDC.

7. convergecrew

convergecrew New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    are you serious?? please...no. those are more annoying than the drums.

8. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    Somewhere, a king is crying.

[​IMG]

9. KingsQueen949

KingsQueen949 New Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Good points. I definitely would sing along if there was a few songs/chants created and put on the board or sheets handed out at the entrances before games. Like I mentioned, I'm on the opposite end so I hear drumming and chants but not much noise. We do have that new group that is behind the goal near me, but all they did last game was try to get a wave going and booed when it fizzled! LOL

10. KingsQueen949

KingsQueen949 New Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Rockstedy, yes, very good point. There is a new group down by my end, but really not too much cohesion yet.

11. 562nation

562nation Member

May 10, 2004
    (562)areacode LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    who says i havent been involved;) i just retired thats all:eek: reread my post im saying that people tend to call you guys elitists because nobody is allowed to say anything about you guys because you all get so damm defensive. when people suggested the riot squad should have drums there was an uproar. its all constructive criticism dont assume we dont know what the situation is some of us might, some of us dont. nobody here is attacking anybody.

12. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Hey, hey, hey! You watch your filthy mouth. I will not have a go at Leeds...because....that would be mean.:)

But hey, I agree with you to a point about the drums. I am a fan of the singing and chanting rather than banging on a drum. However, I like the sound of a drum every once in a while.

Anything in moderation usually is a good thing. I think that holds true with the drumming. This is why i choose to sit on the other end of the pitch, because I cant stand the Galaxian "Energizer Bunny" who cant stop drumming. Its terrible.

13. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    That song is more aimed at Ken Bates, Dennis Wise and Gus Poyet, the utterly useless crooks ballsing up our football club. (I loved the programme note from Wise last season before we got tw*tted 3-0 by Southend, that he'd love to succeed Jose Mourinho. Keep dreaming d*ckhead.) You were warned Bluecelery in case he applies.

Anyway, club rivalries aside, I can only remember Plymouth bringing a drum to EL and every time they tried to play it the Leeds fans were singing "We're gonna shove your f*cking drum up your arse, SIDEWAYS"

I just think they contribute little to the atmosphere and make those who would normally make a noise complacent. I just think they are irritating, and should be used minimally. I think over here teams that bring drums to games are usually seen as having poor atmosphere's. Give the drum a rest, even on the Web it was slightly annoying. The fans will HAVE to create an atmosphere by singing, cheering, chanting etc.

14. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    -Thanks for the warning! Lol. I think we're smarter than that though. I shudder to think about that.

Yea Portsmouth is the only club that I have watched who used a drum (I dont have the luxury of going to games. Wish i could).

They are irritating, but not to the fans of football from Latin America. ...And we do live in L.A. ...And there are quite a few of those fans who live here. Its a bit of a culture clash for sure. The drums will never be banned, but I think its time that they realize its not so effective to be banging on that thing for 2 and half hours straight.

I like your idea about having no drums at all though. I wonder how loud the Galaxians would be without them?

15. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If horns and flagpoles can be banned, I think drums can be too. I'm in favor of a ban; it might solve this current problem. *fingers crossed*

16. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    I think LA has a culture clash between English style, plain chanting fans and this Latino, lots of drums, streamers and toilet roll philosophy.

I didn't mean ban the drums outright, it just needs to be better co-ordinated and not banged as if Phil Collins were playing it. ie totally inappropriately.

As for separate supporters groups, every club no matter how small has at least three or four paid up supporters groups, but they largely sit together at games and sing the same songs. The idea is to make the atmosphere more intimidating for the visiting players. I tried to make out what the fans were singing but I couldn't make it out. Just someone with a drum, playing like he was demented and garbled, confused chants seemingly by individual sections of the stadium.

This could be the perfect opportunity, with Becks arriving after the Chelsea game, to show the world that MLS and its fans are pure soccer fans, who can make a real atmosphere at games.

17. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we will get alot of newbies in the next weeks so hopefully we can get enough people chanting were we don't need a drum. I think the drum helps a lot if we know how and when to use. TM does a good job on that. I just hope the Galaxians understand without taking it personal.

18. John Kevin W. Desk

John Kevin W. Desk New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Jesus, who gives a crap?

"I've given some dirty socks to the Passback program, so I'm gonna load up on BigSoccer and tell supporters groups how it should be done."

Some of my fellow fans are clueless dumbasses. It's been true since day one, and it's true today. For example:

Oh, was that you lying about having been mugged by 100 Chivas USA fans? I saw you there freaking moping to the cops something like ten minutes after it allegedly happened. I sure didn't see 100 fans looking for Galaxy fans to beat on. I didn't even see the 50 fans you claimed at the time. Maybe they saw me, and ran away from my bad-assedness, who knows. The only thing you've ever stood against 100 of is crab lice.

And you ain't the only Galaxian with a truth problem. Does Snapshot still blame the Riot Squad for being knocked over by some other hydrocephalic Galaxian at Spartan Stadium?

The Galaxians are the most worthless fan group in MLS.

19. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    None of this would have happened if we just listened to Mike Breton...

20. LOSTT

LOSTT Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Man...this is gonna get ugly real quick. I've been observing this, somewhat merger of the 2 groups, and as an outsider I was hoping this thing would work. Hope is still there, but hope is fading......fast.

Galaxians have that South American style of celebrating. Reminds me of Argentina fans. I don't know where the Galaxians are from and I don't mean to be disrespectful. The drumming, the jumping, the hand gestures and all just resembles some games I've seen from Argentina.

LARS have more of that Euro style way of celebrating. The singing, the chants, the cohesiveness, the beers and so forth.

The one time they both seem to be on the same page was when LA played the 'Gers. There was a uniformity. Only because I think the 'Gers fans were trying to out chant both LARS and GALAXIANS.

I don't know who the main person in charge for either group is, but here's an idea. Get the main person from the Galaxians to go into the pit of LARS and teach LARS some songs, chants, drumming whatever and vice versa for LARS. This might just be crazy enough to work. Of course it won't happen after just one game though.

That's LA for you. Hope things work out for both groups because it would be sad if both groups just got dismantled by the Galaxy FO. Yet sadder if other support groups from other MLS teams catch wind of this unrest. Sorry, I just don't see this happening with other teams. I could be wrong.

Hope no one looses their cool and keeps calm about this little silly Galaxy supporters civil war. Remember kids....High School is over. I mean, c'mon both groups support the Los Angeles Galaxy right?

21. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    as has been stated over and over again in this thread -- this has happened. not to mention song sheets were printed up; concessions were made in terms of limiting certain chants to once per half; even stopping some chants to defer to the other group. efforts have been made.

unfortunately it's been a one-way street.

22. Rodneyd444

Rodneyd444 New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    La Habra, CA
    I do not really like the continual drumming; however, I do like the drums once in a while, and being the Galaxy are American not Spanish, I do not really like the all Spanish chants. Chinga Chivas or Chinga (what ever the opposing team) is OK and very fitting.

I think the opposing team needs to be "welcomed" to the HDC by a nice loud "You SUCK!!" when introduced, they can not hear this over the drumming.

At the last game, I was sitting in our old section, 102 and was yelling at Bush that he sucked, he could hear me and looked at me; he even acknowledged a couple of fans that reminded him he had let 2 goals by him. On this point, both groups should yell "Hey (goalie) You SUCK!! every time he is in the south side and touches the ball. And, both groups should be more negitve to the opposing team every time they are in ear shot. Like "Piss on the FIRE!!:" "KC Sucks!!;" etc.

I do not agree with chants of a group promoting alcohol use and rapping women; what does this have to do with the Galaxy?

I just wish we could be back in out section 102 and continue to have a good time at the games.

23. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I agree, which is why when I was in LA I didn't sit with the Riot Squad, or the Galaxians more then a few times, just wasn't my scene I guess.

Topper and I used to have tons of fun at the Rosebowl screaming and shouting at the oppossing players and ruffling the feathers of those around us. No to mention Toppers endless bags of confetti.

Personally I don't see any reason for the supporters groups to be *forced* to sit together, the more we spread out the groups of fans, the more people will hear them/be exposed to them and maybe find something they like and join in. No point pissing both groups off in some half assed attempt to pull a "can't we all just get along" moment.

24. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All concerned parties are working with the FO in ways to fully utilize the unique characteristics of our supporters' groups.

We thank everyone for their enthusiasm and invite all fans of the Galaxy worldwide to stand with any of the fine supporters' groups at the HDC.

Tommy Mack
    LA Riot Squad

PS: "I do not agree with chants of a group promoting alcohol use and rapping women; what does this have to do with the Galaxy?- Rodney444.

Please Google the lyrics to "Guinness Boys" by The Business to see what is truly being sung. I think most would not be offended...- TM

25. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Mr. Head of the Galaxians -
    You know damn well that "love your women" isn't really what's said :p