support for our supporters

Discussion in 'Galaxy Supporters Clubs' started by DeStruCtiON18, Jul 5, 2007.

1. DeStruCtiON18

DeStruCtiON18 New Member

Jun 24, 2005
    So what was the deal with LARS actin like fools on weds? It sickens me to see how we reacted to the galaxians. Its funny how 2 minutes prior we preached:"WE ALL CHEER FOR THE L.A. GALAXY!". Maybe its time for a new group that involves both the loudness of LARS and movement and spirit of the galaxians. Ive heard of talks of a new group forming. Maybe its time they do before our fans start chanting against eachother...oh wait we already did that. What a ********in joke. We will never be what chicago and d.c. fans are if were not on the same side. Next time you go to a match leave the high school drama at home and keep focus on whats important...GALAXY.

2. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what I gathered: The Galaxians' constant drumming really annoyed some LARSers so they decided to stand behind the Galaxians and constantly drum & chant to annoy them.

Sophomoric? Yes, but I understand how annoyed LARS could be with the Galaxians' constant drumming. I think this is the major issue.

At the last home game, the Galaxians had moved over to the north end goal where the new supporters section were, but when they were back for last night's match, I think this really disappointed a lot of LARSers.

3. Ron86

Ron86 Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GROW UP!! All of them are losers. Drama Queens!! All of them should become Chivas fans.

4. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They pissed me off for the first time yesterday. We really did try to work with them this year even thought they came to our section but they are just f'n retarded. I speak perfect spanish and I can't understand one f'n word they say. If they even bothered looking at us and helping us with their chants it'll be another story but I really want them out of there already. I thought if we both joined together we would finally have a well balanced supporters section here but it looks like it can't be done. Please move to 121.

Oh and funniest thing of the night...We started chanting you are 121 to them and one of their guys joined in on the chant lol

5. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    from what i gathered -- tommy mack has been working very hard to get the galaxians and riot squad to work together. he's listened to their chants and tried to get the squad to oblige and to be fair the squad does join in when the galaxian chants are understandable -- unfortunately their constant drumming and small numbers make it hard to decipher. the squad has even printed up song sheets as a means of extending an olive branch.

well last night the galaxians were larger in number than they have been all season and pretty much decided they didn't need to cooperate or join in with the squad. tommy lost it and basically said "it's us versus them" at this point.

i can't say i agree, we do all support the same team, but at the same time tommy has been trying his hardest to make this situation work and the galaxians -- through their actions last night basically told him to ******** off.

as for the face off, yeah it was sophmoric and was probably 2 beers away from getting physical which would have meant the end of both groups. lalas certainly deserves some blame here and i hope he steps up now, before beckham arrives and moves the galaxians back to 121 while he still can. if not it's going to get ugly. someone will have had too much to drink, something will get said, a bunch of macho guys will stand off nose-to-nose and then we'll have our very own "shot heard round the world".

speaking as someone who sits with the squad, but did not participate in the heckling of the galaxians -- i say just ignore them and their insipid drumming. i took a walk to the north side when pavon came on -- you could hear the squad loud and clear drowning out the drums. the galaxians numbers only swell beyond 15-20 on big nights, hell against columbus they disappeared in to the golactickos section. they'll make it through the end of the season and get moved back to 121 -- though hopefully sooner for the sake of both groups -- but they're effectively done as a supporters group. the latin style support of bouncing and drumming is annoying as ******** to most galaxy supporters (who let's face it can get pissy when you stand up to celebrate a goal). they're not adding to their numbers, people around them move because of the drumming (i watched at least 10 people leave 137 last night because of the drumming). the squad on the other hand almost filled 138 last night, they're growing, they're not annoying (though the drums are a tad loud, and by a tad i mean ********ing ear splitting) and they get the rest of the crowd to chant along -- i was at the half-way line and during an "clap-clap la galaxy" chant there were at least 10 other people joining in on the "clap-clap" part.

bottom line:
    alexi move the galaxians before something bad happens. remember the san jose cop debacle and dc/nyrb skin head fight happened on your watch

riot squad ignore the galaxians if they're not going to cooperate, you drown them out anyway when you're on song.

galaxians try showing at least a little cooperation, even with the animosity last night the squad joined in on several of your chants.

6. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek:

7. convergecrew

convergecrew New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    wow...I love the vocal support going on in the stadium...and I try to join in from my 233 seat, but this is really pathetic. Fans of the same team against each other, in some kind of seating section turf war?

Do any of the organizers of our groups have a good rapport and keep in contact with Lalas or someone in the FO?? Im not really involved, but some kind of meeting sounds in order.

8. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county

you need to stop living in a bruce willis film son -- [dramatic announcer voice]"in a dark time one man stood against hundreds"[/dramatic announcer voice].

have the galaxians printed out lyric sheets? do the galaxians look to the squad when starting a chant? has anyone in the galaxians ever held up chant to listen what the squad was saying in order to join in? no, you're jumping around like epileptic monkeys banging on drums with all the rhythm of KZLA concert.

i've watched this situation all season long, because i actually wanted it to work and the galaxians have flat out made no attempt at cooperation other than when tommy coming over and plays a punk-rock jimmy carter.

by the way, good job making threats on a message board braniac. if something unpleasant and unfortunate does happen i wonder who will be first on the list of people to call?

9. weezerdcfan

weezerdcfan New Member

Feb 7, 2007
    hmmmm GALAXIANS HAVE TRIED TO COOPERATE WERE HAVE YOU BEEN? when was the last time the Galaxians started there own chant and lasted more than one verse? exactly and you know i dont care if i start threats because the Galaxians will not start anything with anyone. ok thank you and i am a braniac am i not? so let people call me if anything goes down.

10. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about on Saturday you get your people to look at us while your chanting so we can try to read your lips and chant with you? That's all you have to do.

11. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    must have been listening to my hooked on phonics tapes. sorry.

on a more productive note, i usually sit pretty much right next to the galaxians. i've made it to every single match bar two and i still have no idea what you guys are saying 90% of the time. you know why? because your drums drown out your voices! it's just a cacophony of noise.

again try extending a similar courtesy as the squad did, pony up the $5 and print out some lyric sheets. it's not that hard. just a modicum of cooperation will do.

as for your assertion that the squad is uncooperative. i can recall at least a dozen times we joined in with you last night. considering the squad outnumbers you 7 to 1, we could easily decide to drown you out, but we support the team over petty rivalries.

12. weezerdcfan

weezerdcfan New Member

Feb 7, 2007
    Yea that would be cool if the Riot Squad can join. We've tried and they just do there own chant over ours. Yea you guys have many people in 138. You guys know we join in on your chants but you guys still complain. This is my own opinion and comments so if anyone wants to talk crap direct it to me not the Galaxians. what really got me mad was a couple of games ago when the Riot Squad chanted " we cant hear you" i was not in the 137 or 138 at that time but could here it from the top section. In houston both supporter groups get along (sort of). both groups need to learn from them and it can be done but some (older lars members) dont want to cooperate.

13. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    I dont know why Galaxians just dont move with the new supportes group in the General Admission section. Those supporters in section 121 love to do the same thing that Galaxians do: Jump, Scream, Pound the drums etcs...

14. galaxycrazy

galaxycrazy New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    We did print out chant sheets before, but no one seemed to want to use them.

Believe it or not the Galaxians and the Riot Squad to some extent have tried to join in on each other chants, but it doesn't always happen.

We know the Riot Squad hates the drums they always have, but that's something the Galaxians love and enjoy and have since the very beginning. Just as the Riot Squad doesn't want to and shouldn't have to change neither should the Galaxians regardless of what individual persons think, each has their own identity.

I think what happened last night was just something that reached everyone's frustration level .(The Galaxians just decided to enjoy a game the way they usually have.)with the choice that Alexi Lalas made to put both groups together, the Riot Squad didn't want it and neither did the Galaxians.

It seemed like a great idea to Alexi to put both groups together because other clubs in MLS have done it DC, Chicago, and Houston. But we all know and Alexi knows of the issues both groups have had with each other since the beginning. At this point there isn't much that we can do and have little hope for Alexi to help fix things, he's got bigger things to fix, like our team!

15. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe if we share 1 drum and take turns on it?

16. DeStruCtiON18

DeStruCtiON18 New Member

Jun 24, 2005
    its understandable why some of the LARS guys feel they way they do since galaxians cannot be heard and have no chant leader who can show us their chants during the game. they seem to do their own thing while LARS is sitting there trying to figuere out what is being said. its cause for a more annoying atmosphere while different programs are goin on at the same time. its the first season that both groups have been together and perhaps this is just a rough start.

17. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    I am against the ideas of drums at games, it tends to detract from the atmosphere as the fans can't drown it out.

Sometimes at Leeds the fans sing to the subs warming up on the touchline. Its rare but last season they sang "Derry, give us a song, Derry, Derry give us a song" and he started singing the "We hate Chelsea song". Its to the tune of Que Sera Sera.

"When i was just a little boy
    I asked my mother, What should I be?
    Should I be Chelsea?, Should I be Leeds?
    Heres what she said to me...
    Go wash your mouth out son,
    Then get your fathers gun,
    And shoot the Chelsea Scum
    Shoot the Chelsea Scum.
    We hate Chelsea, We hate Chelsea!"

Absolutely priceless.....

18. Ludwig77

Ludwig77 New Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I'm not a member of either group I'm not sure that my comments will hold weight in this thread however:

The title of this thread is "Support for our supporters". Who is going to want to support any of you if the impression the get is constant infighting between groups of people who's common goal is the same?

From reading previous threads, I understand there are different styles of supporting your team. (Euro, South American, etc...) But in all honesty, why is it so difficult for different groups to cheer for the same team?

Does Alexi really have to provide assistance? Is there no one else in the Galaxy organization that can assist these groups in becoming organized? One central contact that the Galaxian, RS, and Galactigols (sp?) leaders can communicate with to perhaps form an OFFICIAL fan support base?

I had considered joining a fan group previously, but after reading this thread, I am very pleased with my decision to get my season tickets with the best view instead of surrounded by the most exuberant fans.

Here's my idea for the day...(since I've started, stopped and re-typed this post a dozen times)...why not put together a video to play pregame and work with someone within the organization to get it done, with a representative from each group, and teach the entire stadium a simple, fun chant, that the team can really feel when 27,000 fans put their backs in to it? Wouldn't that have a far greater affect than a few hundred fans chanting something that can't be understood? (I'm in section 114 and have never understood a chant from either team...except "clap LA".) I suggest you "teach" the entire stadium, via a 30 second video, the "Ole" chant...except replace "Ole" with "L.A." Simple, fun and effective.

Ole, Ole Ole Ole, Ole, Ole
    L.A, L.A L.A. L.A, L.A, L.A!!!!

19. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    It happens everywhere, where certain groups of fans of the same team don't see eye to eye.

The part of Elland Road that I sit/stand in always contains the loudest supporters and whenever the attendance is read out, we always blast out "Loyal supporters, loyal supporters" and when we got into the playoffs last season, when we'd averaged 19,000 all season, there was suddenly 40,000 and those of us in the Revie Stand who'd supported the team all season, started pointing over to the west stand where the exec seats had been empty all season and sang "Where were you when we were sh*t, Where were you when we were sh*t?" and "Your support is worth f*ck all"

I think that LARS and the Galaxians should at least be loosely affiliated, and share the same songs and routines. If there are too many different songs going off it gets confusing.

20. jameseyla

jameseyla Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So many people in this thread have no idea what they're talking about. If you're not standing with either group, STFU.

21. Ludwig77

Ludwig77 New Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Way to drum up support for your cause. This is why people don't want to support or learn about supporter clubs because they're told to STFU. Way to keep things civil. All I simply did was ask a question and offer a way to get more than just a small group involved. How about being open to others instead of closing yourself off completely?

Edit: By the way, as far as I can tell there are 3 groups. (4 if you count the UFO from 133) So its not just a matter of Galaxians v. LARS.

22. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :rolleyes:

23. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately it is. LARS has no problems with UFO or Galakicktos because they're in another section and they're not annoying LARS. LARS & Galaxians are side by side and I don't think either group is happy with that because of clashing styles and personalities.

Really, you got to stand in the section to understand the annoyance of the constant drumming, not understanding what's being chanted while trying to work with them. It's not working out.

As for your song on the big screen idea, I'm sure someone else has thought of it before, but which song is chosen? Will people bother to learn it?

24. Ludwig77

Ludwig77 New Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll learn it! :) I'm all for getting people more in to the game and strengthening the fervor of those already there!

25. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amen.