SuperLiga

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by SideshowBob, Mar 19, 2007.

1. SideshowBob

SideshowBob Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Maryland
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just looking over the details of SuperLiga and noticed something unfortunate... If DC advances to the semi-finals (i.e. out of the group stage) then we will be unable to host the match again (much like the match with Houston) due to the Nationals being home Aug 14-15. Grrr....

I wonder what they'd do if it ends up as DC versus a Mexican squad in one of the semifinals. Play at a "neutral site" (like Chicago or Colorado)? Try to reschedule so that DC can host?

We will be able to host a final (8/29) if we get that far.

2. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Richmond baby!

3. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D Ya'll can just stay in town and play at the Rob...we'll root for you over any Mexican team...no need to fly around everywhere....Go Dynamo!

Seriouxly, though, that sux that you won't get a home game until the final, if you make it that far.

4. Stadium-Armory

Sep 6, 2006
    H Street NE
    Club:
    DC United
    I was thinking about that Houston match, and thought it would be cool as ice cream to play it at a location equal distance between Houston and DC so all the Supporters groups could get nice representation.

The videos and pics of the Pachuca game are great. They've got something brewing down there in Houston.

5. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000

so you're thinking Birmingham (740 mi) or St Louis (830 mi). both are relatively equi-distance from Wash and Houston.

Only the hard-core fan is going to travel this distance. If it's mid-week, that number will plumet even more.

For this to be successful, it needs to be in one or the other city (if not possible to be at their home stadium).

6. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    well i guess there just going to have to move the nationals to the soccerplex :)

7. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read in a story in the San Diego Union-Tribune that Qualcomm Stadium was bidding for the semis or finals of SuperLiga so home sites may not even be considered for these last two rounds.

8. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    THATS FOOKING BULLSHITE!
    well at least it would be a possible excuse to go to san diego to surf

9. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Maryland...
    Soccer...
    Plex...

Word. :p

F the America/Morelia (and who the f'k ever the other two teams are.) fans! :D

10. JayJay4Pres

JayJay4Pres New Member

May 10, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And then I could go!