Superliga PKs (R)

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Etienne_72772, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Etienne_72772

Etienne_72772 Member+

Oct 14, 1999
    As good as Cannon was in the nets during the run of play, did anyone else notice that he guessed wrong on EVERY pk (and the one he did save, he had already dove past, and it hit him on the leg because it went down the middle.)

The Pachuca GK--guessed right EVERY time (except for Xavier's). Some he just couldn't get to (I cringed when Buddle stepped up, but his was the best and completely out of reach).

Speaking of pk takers, why do American's suck so bad at them??? When Vagenas stepped up, I just knew he was going to miss. It was WEAK!

Like I said, I wasn't sure about Buddle, but was very surprised at his--calmly place into the upper corner of the net.

I though Donovan would make his.

Once Xavier stepped up, I knew it was over. But I didn't expect him to miss the goal. I know he's a defender, but c'mon, to freaking miss the goal completely?

2. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The World Renowned King of Set Pieces missed a goal completely in a high profile match not too long ago...it happens.

....and it's usually pretty funny.
    [​IMG]

3. flippin269

flippin269 Member+

Aug 3, 2003
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought two things about the PKs last night:

1) I thought Donovan would make it, and was surprised that it was him that blew it at the end

2) Cannon must have jumped out, like, 5 feet in front of the goal when there was a PK coming at him. He was lucky the referee didn't call back the goal he blocked.

4. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's funny, because Vagenas was one of the big heroes of the 2000 Olympic run, due to his PKs.

5. Richmond Kickers

Richmond Kickers New Member

Aug 5, 2006
    The fact that Yallop let Vagenas shoot first should be a good enough reason to put him on the hot seat. Sure just let the guy who scored the own goal lead the team off in Penatly kicks. That Brilliant.:rolleyes: