superliga info in english

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by pookspur, Nov 25, 2004.

1. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    first of all, happy thanksgiving to all the posters on the portugal boards.

secondly, does anyone out there know of any good websites for information on the superliga in english?

i'll go to sites like a bola, record, and o jogo for scores and standings, but my portuguese is weak at best, and i really struggle with most of the articles. their sites don't have english versions (not that they should), and it takes me so long to translate even the shorter articles that i'm only able to read a small portion of what's out there. i'd really love to get this information, but if it's available in english, i certainly don't know where.

psoccer.com has some decent stuff, but it's usually just links to articles in portuguese. i'm trying to improve my portuguese, but when you're in the middle of indiana, opportunities aren't exactly abundant. i'll keep trying to interpret the portuguese dailys, but it'd be nice not to have to work so hard for it all the time. anyway, any help with regard to superliga info in english would be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

2. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Unfortunately psoccer.com is the only English language site I know that talks about Portuguese soccer, aside from fan club sites like FCporto-online which is largely English-speaking.