SUPERLIGA FINAL: G's vs. Pachuca 8/29 Pre/in/post [R]

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Koz, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Pachuca won, Galaxy lost.

Pachuca is Super Liga 2007 Champs.

There is no shame in that, that is why the games are played.

2. avocats

avocats Member

Nov 24, 2003
    Pacific Northwest
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good grief, enough with the Smurf conspiracy paranoia already.
    Yeah, MLS rigged our season so well this year, it gave us a nice long vacation up front. Thanks, MLS.

3. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    SCHNUGGLEZ,

There once was a time when I actually was a fan of the Galaxy. Ask some of the old timers of this forum. They can confirm.

Yet over time I encountered more and more Galaxy fans such as CherryBomb, and I asked myself do I really want to be associating with such people...

Thats when I said meh, and decided to just follow my MFL team which is Necaxa.

4. SCHNUGGLEZ

SCHNUGGLEZ New Member

May 31, 2006
    Thats too bad. There are bad seeds amongst the more fanatic fans, especially after a gut-wrenching loss like this. :eek:

'CherryBomb's words are truly pathetic and strikingly out of touch -- but he's an import from the UK, not from Southern California, and clearly spends way too much time in front of his PC.

The funny thing is the HDC would've been empty tonight without the Mexican fans there. Further, the game would not have even been televised were it not for a Latin network.

But, alas, facts don't register with the ignorant.

5. Dr. Mario86

Dr. Mario86 New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Berkeley
    Cherry Bomb's claims that Mexican-Americans are not even native to Southern California are inaccurate, as the Southwest was once a part of Mexico. There were Mexicans rancheros and Californios here before Anglos moved in.

6. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    No need to be sorry. That's the world we live in.

No, I do not judge all Galaxy fans by the actions of people such as him.

Yet, I am not going to go out of my way to support a team and possible rub shoulders with such people.

Btw this is South Cal and there are a million other things to spend my cash on...

7. CherryBomb

CherryBomb Red Card

Oct 27, 2006
    La La Land
    But nobody was there. It was a Mexican fantasy from the 20th Century.

But the Spanish missionaries came and made something of the wasteland.

Then the dreaded Anglos (and the Jews) came and made something of it. Now all of a sudden you claim what was nothing as your own? Sad. Truly sad. Try making something of your own country first.

8. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    I think it's time to archive this thread: [​IMG]

9. SCHNUGGLEZ

SCHNUGGLEZ New Member

May 31, 2006
    I don't consider a UK import like 'CherryBomb' to be a real Galaxy fan, actually.

Why?

He clearly has no respect for Los Angeles or Californians .

10. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Wow, this thread took an ugly turn.

11. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Word.

That was a great match to see live. When Klein scored on that bicycle kick, it was like the whole stadium went silent for a minute while 12,500 thought, "Did I really just see that?" and then the place just erupted as the Galaxy fans came to life.

BTW- gotta give respect to the Pachuca fans sitting around me in sec. 134. Passionate, yelling, cat-calling, etc. but friendly and respectful of everyone.

I just can't believe that our best PK kicker, the Mexi-cutioner, had the winning PK at his foot. And blew it.

In my recollection, that is the first PK that Donovan has missed for the Galaxy. Anyone able to verify that?

Good grief.

It sucks to lose, but that was a helluva match to be at and a great way to wrap up the inaugral SuperLiga tournament.......

12. S.Bones

S.Bones Member

Jan 7, 2002
    Glendora, CA
    Galaxy season ticket holders were given less than one day to buy tickets before they went on sale to the general public, thus the pro-Pachuca crowd. The first time we played Pachuca, which was one of the season ticket Bonus Games, the crowd was majority Galaxy.

Tickets were so limited and went so fast that half of LARS got shut out.

13. CherryBomb

CherryBomb Red Card

Oct 27, 2006
    La La Land
    Sure about that?

14. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    £1,000,000 GBP = $2,000,000+

15. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, no one had to report anything. I came home late last night after watching it at Victoria Street and wanted to share my frustration with my fellow Galaxy fans.

Then this thread took an ugly turn and you and the others that took the bait made me stay up until 1:45am deleting and editing posts.

There's no reason why discussion about last night's game should devolve into your thoughts about immigration or race, or personal attacks. It became obvious you were trying to retaliate in the most hurtful terms you could. If someone lays out the bait, just walk away. We were all mad and frustrated about last night's game, even though a lot of us probably woke up this morning and feel pride about how hard our boys fought, and lost only to the random nature of PK's.... (And remember - - we've been on the winning end of PK's, too.)

REMINDER TO ALL: RACIAL REMARKS, FOUL LANGUAGE, TROLLING AND PERSONAL ATTACKS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED IN THE GALAXY FORUM.

Thanks, and Thread Closed...

Topper

:D