SUPERLIGA FINAL: G's vs. Pachuca 8/29 Pre/in/post [R]

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Koz, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We will win this game.

Not because we are the better team (currently,Pachuca is better than every team in MLS)

Not because Pachuca will press us from the start and we'll stay compact with everyone behind the ball and then kill them with a counter from the Mexi-cutioner

Not because the players will want to send out Yallop on a winning note (if you believe the rumors)

Not because the prize money will mean Ty Harden can take a month off from cleaning pools

Not because it will give us long-suffering fans something positive to take away from this miserable season

No, we will defeat Pachuca and win the Superliga tournament tonight because it will cause a complete meltdown on Bigsoccer.com and cause several posters (many from the DC area) to spontaneously burst into flames.

L.A. Galaxy - bringing bigsoccer to it's knees.

I'm coming to the game and I'm wearing my '98 Old Skool Galaxy Jersey, so let's get this thing started.....

2. amavel

amavel New Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard Galaxy/SuperLiga radio adverts on Star 98.7 this week which leads me to believe there will still be a respectable amount of Beckham 'boppers in attendance.

But yeah, I'd expect more Pachuca fans than last time, especially bandwagoners that love to hate LAG.

3. getme2thegalaxy

getme2thegalaxy New Member

Jan 19, 2007
    I am in total agreement with this but would also add a bit for FY. I'm not sayin he's the greatest coach ever but you can only imagine how hard it has been to coach with all the interference. No excuses for HIS poor decisions but all the same, all you ever want to see from your team is a bit of heart. Let's see them bust a gut tonight and get things back on track.

4. rtdavide

rtdavide Member+

Apr 20, 2005
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope you're right. I thought that on the road against some of the tougher east coast teams, and at least keeping the games close, hey.... not too bad.
    I had some hope that as we head to this section of the season we could put together a string of results and finally make a move up... instead, we have completely fallen off the pace and look worse than ever. THAT is what I'm basing my current pessimism on.

And in all fairness too.... I think Pachuca looked like a far more dangerous team than any of the MLS teams we have faced. Perhaps in part because we know the MLS competition so much more, but mainly the quality of thier play.
    And far from underestimating us, I think they are going to come in looking to teach us a lesson. All things are possible, and there is always a chance, but my original post was simply to say that if we do somehow eak out the same kind of win as last time, I'm not going to be feeling like we are superior to anyone. If by some miracle, we wake up and clobber them, then I'd like to know how we get THAT team and not the one that has been showing up for the regular season.

5. lou czar

lou czar Member

Sep 26, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is sad that you have lost sight of the fact that this will be a competition. And it is sad for the fans that if the Galaxy win they will forever have to fight with the historical view that we only won because a team comprised of the grandmothers of players from the other side was denied entry to the competition. Boo frickin hoo. Why do I need to rant! I am tired of the word "pretemporada" on my Superliga coverage. There are no standards of beauty in this final. No style points. You don't need more players from South America. One more than the other team. Nothing else matters. Single game.

Fire up the EJ Olmos 2005 MLS Cup DVD series. Anyone remember how many trophies we "deserved" to win in 2005? Not to mention deserving Galaxy teams not to win anything. If for you the game has already been played on paper, keep it there, don't watch. You have a standard that must be met, there is a spot on Tequila Joal's couch for you too. But watch out, I hear he gets awfully frisky on game nights!

6. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I apologize if this has been posted (if it has, I've missed it:eek:)

Is this match on TV? (ESPN, hopefully)

7. Statman

Statman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is on Telefutura starting at 8:00 PST.

8. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thank you!!!

9. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    No. Thank a Mexican. Bringing free footie to the states. :D

10. JuiceBox

JuiceBox Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Riverside, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    spare me

11. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    in for the win, vatos!

12. Soccer Obsession

Jun 13, 2007
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    only? nothing in english? not fox sports west or anything? fsc?

13. coolbake

coolbake New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    California
    I hope Pavon doesn't start...I think he is way over-rated. Granted he did have two goals last week, but that is Because beckham hit it off his head, not the other way around. I don't like started Gordon either. I would start Glinton where he played last game...he fed some nice passes, and if Donovan was on the other end of those passes this time they would be goals. I'd rather have Buddle and Glinton start to get some speed out there spreading out the D so it opens it up for Landon. I hope we don't have to see anymore Veris or Roberts.

14. Joe_Cannon

Joe_Cannon New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Los Angeles
    mlsnet.com also has it in english, and Fox Sports Canada or whatever has it. None of the games have been on tv in english, and this is no different.

15. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not a huge Pavon fan, but let's not be ridiculous here. Beckham hit two nice free kicks, but neither were gimme headers. Pavon showed a lot of talent and aerial ability to put those two kicks on frame.

I just wish he'd show it more often....

16. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Anybody has a lineup yet? how about a 4-5-1

----------------Cannon-----------------------
    Klein----Roberts-----Xavier----Randolph
    --------Vagenas-------Harmse ------------
    Donovan-------Beckham-------Martino--
    --------------Gordon/Pavon----------------

17. shirteesdotnet

Feb 13, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone get Paul McCartneys latest CD titled "Memory Almost Full"? Its an anagram "for my soulmate LLM" meaning for Linda Louise Mccartney. I tell you the secret messages continue on. I wonder if thats the real Paul. I wonder if thats the real Alexi Lalas running our LAG?

18. Acekiller

Acekiller Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Should Becks and LD start?

19. Crzyknot

Crzyknot Member

Sep 30, 2006
    Someone just text me that the game is gonna be delayed and will start at 11 pm pacific time. can some one confirm that ... am at work lol but my boss was on this board already lol heheh

20. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Good luck guys! When Pachuca shipped Mosquera away they left a hole in their central defense. You guys should be able to exploit that if Beckham/donovan both play. That being said, my only hope is that the hole in your alls defense isn't bigger.

Pachuca are a very good team, but you guys got them once already. Do it again!

21. qrich

qrich Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Van Nuys
    Why not a 1-4-3-2?

-----------Cannon----------
    ----------Xavier------------
    Klein----Roberts--Harsme--Veris
    Cobi-----------------Randolph
    -----------Donvan----------
    ----Pavon-----------Buddle

Xavier takes care of the sweeping like previously mentioned and has 4 defenders in front of him taking care of business. Randolph provides some speed on the wing, which Gavin also does. Pavon needs to finish tonight, I'm tired of him not finishing. Donovan better step it up. I'd bring in Kirk and Tudela sometime in the game for Veris and Cobi. Randolph drops down and takes Kirk's roll, who steps in Randolph's role and Tudela takes Cobi's role, or we can go with a 1-3-4-2. *Note, this is following some news that Becks might not play, if he does, he comes in instead of Kirk.*
    EDIT: Oh yeah, and I predict a 1-0 victory tonight with Landon scoring.
    Edit #2: Buddle in the starting formation, Glinton comes in late in the game for his speed to give the Galaxy some fresh legs and feeds the pass to LD :D.

22. ChrisWhyte

ChrisWhyte Member

Jan 11, 2007

Pull Vagenas ... start Buddle and Pavon up top ... and there you go!

Plus, I think Veris will get the start over Roberts.

Jones, Gordon, and Kirk likely to come in as subs. Or Vagenas if there is a lead to protect.

23. JuiceBox

JuiceBox Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Riverside, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no thats eastern time it is 8 pm pst

24. Crzyknot

Crzyknot Member

Sep 30, 2006
    Thank you!! i wont have to bust a fast and furious lol on my way home.

25. uvasoccerfan17

uvasoccerfan17 New Member

Aug 29, 2007
    dude can someone tell my what the heck is wrong with albrigh, gray, and jazic? i havent seen them in forever..i also have heard that beckham and donovan will both be playing! yay! so we might actually have a chance now!