SUPERLIGA FINAL: G's vs. Pachuca 8/29 Pre/in/post [R]

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Koz, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regal

Regal Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have a shot.

Play basic soccer. Don't make stupid, silly mistakes. We have made plenty stupid, silly mistakes already. The guys should have learned by now.

Keep possession, make good passes.

Play defensively. Pack our own half of the field. Look to counter, using Donovan's speed.

Most importantly, play like winners. Play with your heads held high. Have confidence and believe in your own ability. The fans do.

If Beckham is involved part of the game, we definitely have a chance. Especially with set pieces.

If Beckham is not part of the game, it's alright. Resort to all of the above. We'll be alright.

I'm sticking with my first prediction: LA 2 - Pachuca 1.

GALAXY! GALAXY! GALAXY!

2. Regal

Regal Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the advice. LA fans have every right to be mad. And they need a place to vent. I'd venture to say that LA fans are pretty loyal.

Well, you'll understand when Yallop comes to coach your team.

3. goldenbayearthquakes

Aug 12, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Regal

Yallop is coaching my team. I am mad, but I am trying a new approach because I have had negative posts before here about Galaxy mgt, Lalas and Yallop and well, for me it's getting old (I blasted Lalas for his quotes to the BBC a week ago only to get scolded and blasted by a few others on this board for everything from my commentary to my punctuation so I'm trying to stay in everyone's good graces)

Just want to say that I am a Galaxy fan (since 1996 with Hurtado, Cienfuegos, Calichman, Karapeteyan and Campos) and have attended most games this season. by the way, i'm not a San Jose Clash or Sanjose Earthquakes fan. Golden bay Earthquakes was the 1980's nasl team that I followed.

4. imadork

imadork New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Manhattan Beach
    I agree with you regarding Donovan, Martino, Randolph, Vagenas, and of course Cannon.

But, Klein is way better as a forward then Pavon is. Plus, Xavier will be in defense so Klein can move up and Pavon can continue his "rest".

Speaking of Pavon and his "rest", maybe he should stay home and use his inhaler for the next few weeks, he's not game fit enough to help them out of this slump. And, let's face it. Only goals "scored" really matter to the team now. Goals "against" are innevitable. But, only scoring can help this team. And, unless Beckham or Donovan bounces a perfect ball right off the guy, he CANNOT perform. Additionally, I am tired of watching him standing there hunched over like he's gonna pass out or something.

Cobi Jones should be in the lineup somewhere too!

5. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Con cuidado fresco. Your post is borderline trolling.

This is the Galaxy forum, and if they don't think their team will win, then who?

6. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Terrazas es Rey!

[​IMG]

7. imadork

imadork New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Manhattan Beach
    It is on one of the Spanish stations for sure. I have Time Warner and it is on my channel 21, call letters "KFTR" (it might be telefutura or something like that I cannot remember)

8. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Correct.

Wed Aug 29 08:00PM Pacific
    Wed Aug 29 09:00PM Mountain
    Wed Aug 29 10:00PM Central
    Wed Aug 29 11:00PM Eastern
    Length: 2 hr 30 min LIVE
    TeleFutura
    MLS/FMF Superliga - Final
    Los Angeles Galaxy (United States - MLS) vs Pachuca (Mexico)

9. Regal

Regal Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're a diehard soccer fan and a loyal Golden Bay fan for sure. I mean, after all these years...I know nothing about NASL except the Cosmos, because of Pele (Cosmos was in NASL, right?). I was in highschool in the 80's and grew up without my parents (I lived with my uncle) so going to a soccer game was basically out of the question due to our financial situation.

But I have followed (or tried to follow) international soccer via TV, print media since I was a kid. Like most kids who followed soccer, I liked Germany, Holland, Italy, Brazil, Argentina...Now I'm a pretty diehard USMNT fan (after 2002 WC). I've been a LAG fan since 2005, after we got Donovan.

Sorry for wrongly concluding that you're a San Jose fan. A good LAG fan is a friend of mine. You sound like that type of fan. So maybe one day we'll meet and have a beer.

10. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why would any fan want them to lose? We need a win so we can salvage a little bit of dignity and say we won something this season. Plus it would be nice to see Randolph, Harden, Veris, Roberts and the other kids get a little extra scratch for their efforts.

11. rtdavide

rtdavide Member+

Apr 20, 2005
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since I wrote the post about being embarrased, and you responded to that, then I'm going to respond to this one.....However..... what I say is said not just to StillKickin, whose posts I admire, but in general.

I'm a fan of the Galaxy.
    But I'm not checking my brain at the door when I go to watch them. And I can't accept the idea that a true fan is defined as blind believer. I love this team and will continue to support it and hope the best, but there simply isn't any reason for thinking we'll beat them by one.

Believe me, I'd like the Galaxy to win, and tonight I'll be rooting our boys, but based on everything I've seen this season, I CAN'T reasonably expect that a result will be much more than an odd break against a team that will likely dominate us. IF.... we come out and hold our own against them, THEN great, we earned it. It's possible that the team that put 4 in against Dallas in the first 20 minutes will show up for 90.... it's possible......
    But IF we get a result like the first one, can we really going to feel like we have some bragging rights?

Are we going to parade around thinking that the Galaxy are the better team?
    I think that is delusional. Lesser teams get results against better teams. It happens frequently enough, so it can happen here too, but if we win this match, who is really going to think we are better than Pachuca with thier record over the last year AND style of play?
    Did you see the first match? We could barely even touch the ball!!!!
    We got a first and then later as they pressed us, we got a break. We had 2 shots and they both went in. I'm not knocking that, we took advantage of our opportunities and they perhaps didn't, but you can't really believe we were the better team that night. 9 out of 10 games they would kill us.

I've seen us this season, we are not good. We could win this game, the million bucks and then strut around like we own someone, but seriously...... It would be delusional to think that it proves anything. We managed to win 3 out 18 league games so far this season.... we make other loser teams look great.... yeah, we're the BEST!!!!
    Having your eyes open and your brain functioning doesn't make you less of a fan.

Now, that said, tonight: Forza Galaxy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. lou czar

lou czar Member

Sep 26, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Strategy. Pure and simple. You can't recognize the brilliance of lulling them into a false sense of confidence! Unfortunately Houston tried this as well, but got the lead way too early to hold on with a rookie in the backline. You've been reading too much Luis Bueno (I woulda normally said G. Jones). Who by the way, must just have been trying to peeve Landon for his own amusement.

Better is first place in the group. Better is more goals. You want beauty go on a nature hike not to a US Mexico club game. Unless of course you enjoy the beauty of a subtle elbow to the ribs. And really, who on here doesn't? But to the point again, we are now bringing on the guys who started the year somewhere around 22, 23 on the depth chart. Sunday saw the debuts of number 24 and 25, how'd that look? So while I understand the lack of optimism, I can't understand why you wouldn't appreciate a hard fought effort. Anyway, if backpasses for our only possession and it gets the win I can appreciate it. Single shot on goal, 1-0 win. Bad PK on our single possession in the box fine. At some point, Pachuca would have to admit that the other team had something to do with them missing those 32 shots, or saving the 20 shots on goal.

13. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Is the game sold out? What are or were the ticket prices?

14. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not picking on you, either. I like your posts as well (even though you're implying that I'm blind and brain dead). :) But I think you are misinterpreting what I wrote.

I don't see how not being embarrassed if we win equates to being a blind believer or checking my brain at the door (nor do I believe that's the definition of a true fan, nor have I ever posted such). Because to me, it doesn't. I know overall we are not a better team than Pachuca. But the better team doesn't always win. Should we win - it will be deserved, because we put it together when it counted and scored more goals than the other guys.

I also don't believe it will give us bragging rights over Pachuca (although maybe it does. You'd have to say something about being able to beat them 2 times in this competition - maybe we've got their number) I think Pachuca is the best team in North America and they're a lot of fun to watch.

But winning a trophy is nothing to be embarrassed about. All Pachuca has to do is come in here and kick our "ask" and earn it themselves.

[And also, please understand, in my posts I have never and never will question anyone's loyalty and support of the Galaxy. I have no doubt that you and everyone who posts here are great, loyal fans of the Galaxy. We all express ourselves in different ways. That's all.]

15. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Terrazas es Rey!

[​IMG]

16. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Terrazas es Rey!

hahaha, awesome cartoon. I think the only way LA will win this game is on set pieces. Pachuca is weak in the air. If Pachuca doesnt commit stupid fouls in dangerous spots, they will win this game easily. If they do foul, it will only be a matter of time before Beckham delivers a goal or assist. Should be a good game.

17. harry callahan

Jul 15, 2007
    Angel City Brigade
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    another 3 a.m. touch this side of the pond.

18. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    4AM I'd suggest you get to bed early and set an alarm! Dysreflex has posted all the kick off times in the Sticky thread for Galaxy Fans Abroad.

19. TOJAS

TOJAS New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Canada
    I know it feels like a million years ago, but it hasn't been that long since Galaxy beat DCU in the semi's, and played a great game in New York. I know they lost in NY, (defense always a problem), but they looked like a professional soccer team and played really well against a team that is doing way better than they are this season.
    If you put aside the Chivas and Colorado games (and who wouldn't want to, really?), and just think back to the team that played such aggressive soccer in NY, I feel like there is definately a chance for Galaxy to take this thing!! :)

20. rtdavide

rtdavide Member+

Apr 20, 2005
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure how to take this post.... I'm kind of assuming a fair amount of sarcasm, in which case.... Funny Post!

If not, then I might ask where the brilliant strategy has been in the many losses we've suffered?
    I don't begrudge a hard fought effort, and I have to admit that if we do eak out a win tonight against the same team, then yeah, Pachuca ought to be asking themselves how we could do that twice. We can talk about tonights result after tonights result.

Winning ugly is a necessity at times, I grant that. Good teams will grind out ugly results. But in all honesty good teams win more than 3 out of 18, I shouldn't even need to be defending my statement that we aren't a good team.
    That much is obvious.

21. KingsQueen949

KingsQueen949 New Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Is it wrong for me to think we've tanked the season so far JUST to lull Pachuca into a false sense of superiority then we'll come out and lash them 5-0? :D

22. TOJAS

TOJAS New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Canada
    That's right. They've been brilliant.
    Fooled everyone!! (I don't think Beckham even had an ankle injury...this cunning plan has been going on for weeks....:cool:)

23. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Sold Out" - yes, but crowd limited to 12,500 because of the agreement with Cal State Dominguez Hills. School night and the fall semester has begun, so the parking lots are shared and HDC only gets to admit 12,500 to the grounds under contract.

24. KingsQueen949

KingsQueen949 New Member

Apr 13, 2007
    I'm wondering if it will be me & my family and 12,496 of our closest Pachuca friends?