SUPERLIGA FINAL: G's vs. Pachuca 8/29 Pre/in/post [R]

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Koz, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtdavide

rtdavide Member+

Apr 20, 2005
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel almost weird about this.... something is wrong if we win this game. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to win a game, but if by some fluke we show up and win, it's gonna be almost embarrasing. We made Colorado look like a well oiled possession machine, and they are the third worst team in the league. I don't even feel confident going into the game against Real at home....

Pachuca will absolutely dominate us in possession. If we win after such a major collapse in the league, it's going to feel hollow. I know we pulled it off last time, but I don't think anyone who watched that game thought we were really a better team than Pachuca. Can we really feel superior to anyone right now? Have we earned the right to it? I know we got the points and wins in the superliga to get here, but it still just doesn't feel right to me. It seems like any positive result we get will be more a matter of luck than anything else. Hope I'm wrong.....

If we go out there and actually look comparable to Pachuca, more power to us. But it's hard to imagine that happening right now.

2. Spry

Spry Member

Apr 25, 2006
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'm trying to muster the courage to watch this one. I'm very embarrassed for this team. I've got this feeling that the lowest point in the season is yet to come. And I'm thinking it'll be Wednesday night. 7-0 Pachuca.

3. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

I might do a variation on this that's more of a 5-3-2.

------------Cannon
    --Roberts--Xavier--Veris
    Klein-------------------Randolph
    ------Vagenas---Harmse--------
    ------------Donovan
    -----Pavon---------Gordon

And hope we get lucky.

4. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Team is in a total disarray lately, coach knows he is out in a matter of days/weeks, GM is fighting for his job. They showed no fighting spirit in the last two games.
    No way they can raise to the occasion and beat Pachuca.
    On a bright side - maybe Superliga loss will shake the owners and speed up some necessary personnel changes?

5. Since1996

Since1996 New Member

Jun 21, 2007
    I should go to the game, sell my ticket and then buy lottery tickets with the proceeds. I'm pretty sure I'll have more fun with my lottery tickets.

My prediction:
    LAG 1
    Pachuca 4

6. shirteesdotnet

Feb 13, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to bunker down for this game. Go 0-0 and force overtime. Wear out Pachuca. Then pour it on... Bring in Becks for the overtime.

Why dont we try something radical like...

Cannon
    Cobi-Klein-Xavier-Randolph
    Buddle-Harmse-Martino-Pavon
    Gordon-Donovan

Please... no Vegenas.

Klein and X to solidify the back center. Cobi & Randolph to hand the back sides with some speed.

Buddle and Pavon Id play before any rookies like Veris. Plus they can scout up the sides for possible goals or cross-ins. Gordon(sucks) and Donovan up top as decoys.

7. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    shirteesdotnet,

my man, who's gonna score for us? Pavon, Buddle, injured Donovan?
    Anyway, losing 1:2, 1:3, 2:3 will be a decent result for us tomorrow.

8. shirteesdotnet

Feb 13, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shevchenko maybe? I wish. Maybe if we get Klinsman today he will fly in Podolski as a guest appearance for the game tomorrow.

Signed, Cheburashka

9. 562nation

562nation Member

May 10, 2004
    (562)areacode LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My pesimistic attitude this week i guess lol. First my lakers now the g's then the lottery all big let downs LOL

10. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    shirteesdotnet,

Cheburashka can play as a goalie tomorrow, his ears are bigger than Cannon's palms.

11. shirteesdotnet

Feb 13, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HAHA! Anything will help us at this point.

12. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Galaxy 2-1.

Yay!

*crosses fingers*

13. BritFootieFan

BritFootieFan Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Deepest rural Kent
    Oh for goodness sake, backbone, lads.

Galaxy to WIN!!!!!!!!!

14. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fearless Prediction:
    A win. It's gonna happen anyway (in one form or another), so enjoy.

15. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is this on TV?

16. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya beat me to it.

I was gonna say - are we fans mice or men? As I've said before - if it pains you so much to watch the Galaxy, then don't watch. Come back when we're more palatable to your delicate senses.

I want us to win.

I won't be embarrassed if we win.

If we come out and win - then, by gosh, we deserve it. No other MLS team made it to the final. As Alexi Lalas said - not DC United, not Houston, not Dallas. The LA Galaxy made it.

We won our group. We beat good teams to get here. If we win that trophy and that cool $1 million, then we deserve it and I'll be very proud of our guys. In fact, I'm already proud of them - they got to the final.

Go Galaxy!

I predict we win by 1. Don't know if it's 1-0 or 5-4 or 9-8, but we'll be one goal better than them.

17. Ron86

Ron86 Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just Kill Me!!!

18. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    StillKickin,

we WANT them to win, but question is - do they want (or can) to win?

19. Itsakitnotajersey

Itsakitnotajersey New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    SoulCal
    [​IMG]

I havent seen these training kits before. Pretty sweet threads. A little Argentina-esque but not bad.

20. socceroo949

socceroo949 New Member

Jun 19, 2007

Tops look dope I need to buy one of those badboys...

21. frescoxl

frescoxl New Member

Jun 12, 2007
    Saint Louis
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You guys really think you can beat Pachuca?? A top 20 ranked world wide club team???? This is madness?

Its now the fourth week dof Mexican Soccer and Pachuca are in full movement now and not in pre season i will send my bench for the superliga matches anymore. There going to play tough out there, you guys just lost to Chivas USA 3 zip for crying out loud.

22. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're underdogs, sure, but that's why they play the games. I hope Pachuca is taking us for granted like you are, but I doubt it.

23. BrightEyesLA

BrightEyesLA New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Los Angeles

We beat them before. Luck? pachuca not being fit? Who knows? But we're fans..we're blind. Love is blind my friend. I still have hope we can win tomorrow. Can we make the playoffs? Probably not, but tomorrows a final. Can we win tomorrow? It's possible. It's like a bad drug I keep coming back to, but I can't quit you Galaxy, I can't.

24. goldenbayearthquakes

Aug 12, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This will definitely be a tough game for the Galaxy... I'm still worried about the defense... hopefully having Xavier back will help.

Go Galaxy! Beat Pachuca!

PS. I'm getting pretty tired of all the fire Yallop Klinsman Lalas threads... Hopefully the Galaxy can win tomorrow so at least they have a little bit of hardware to show for the season...

My advice to all fans... let's be supportive of the team... be realistic about options for the season and hope the right decisions will be made in the offseason about what should be done...i.e. get a real gameplan for how the Galaxy can be rehabilitated during Beckham's prime years (next 2 years max)

25. goldenbayearthquakes

Aug 12, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and one more thing... is there any way the Galaxy can avoid the pre-season tours before the beginning of next season... I'm pretty sure that will not help the cause before next season.