Super Liga ROCKS!!! YES, I've SAID IT

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by SankaCofie, Jul 25, 2007.

1. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This is great.
    The fights. The crappy referreeing. The totally biased mexican announcers.
    Fans in the stadiums were fairly loud.

This is what soccer should be like.

The pace of the LA - Pachuca game was great in the 2nd half. If Pavon could finish for once it'd have been even better. Pachuca's finishing is rather crap too but Cannon had a pretty decent half and Abel Xavier must have pee'd in the penalty area before the game because Pachuca clearly saw it was marked as his territory.

Its a shame the league's seasons are so different. It'd be nice to see a competition between MLS and Concacaf teams that didn't involve one of the two teams being in preseason.

2. ScottyB10

ScottyB10 Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Waco, Texas
    Amen!!! What a great night!

3. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    Can you guys teach me Spanish so I can enjoy the match? :confused: I hate watching games on mute....

4. PoliGuru

PoliGuru New Member

Jul 18, 2007

5. Fueguisimo

Fueguisimo New Member

Jun 12, 2007
    L.A., CA.
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trust me, you do not want to understand the Univision/Telefutura announcers...yes, they may - at times - sound more exciting than the English announcers, but good God, those idiots sometimes drive you to the point of not wanting to watch due to their idiotic biased opinions.

6. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago

Thanks, I'll cancel spanish class...:) But you're right, they do sound exciting as hell, how are they biased? Do they say things like Mexico is the best nation in the world????

7. haaamean

haaamean Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Santa Ana, Costa Rica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Yes, believe dat-Telefutura has the Worst announcers. At the beginning of the Gals game they called us last years Champions. They claimed Chivas played a better half than Dallas because of the crap goal.

Plus they're the most insecure group of name-callers. During the Copa America they kept calling the Colombian players Cafeteros(coffee makers), and of course calling the US gringos. Not really offensive, but offensively annoying.
    The color commentator has the worst Mexican Grangozo accent I've ever heard and it really comes out when he starts to explain the goals "que golazo, que forma de blablablabla" Sorry had to get that out there

but seriously SuperLiga does ROCK. Two great games and its not even the weekend.

8. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe Cafeteros are their unofficial nickname. Then again, maybe its just from hearing them called that on Spanish channels. Mexicans are sometimes called Aztecas, Peru - Incas. Nicknames based on what their country is known for. Similar to the Jamaican team being called Reggae Boys.

9. haaamean

haaamean Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Santa Ana, Costa Rica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Well then we're the Gringos I guess, or el equipo de todos. Anyway, they annoy me to no end.

10. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or "Las barras y las estrellas"

just doesn't translate well IMO

11. benficadc13

benficadc13 New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    wish espn televized the games to give the league more exposure. Telefutra did a great job presenting the games. outside of europe, the mexican league is the next top league. mls will benefit from the competition of the superliga.

12. Skincoug

Skincoug Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Has anyone noticed how on point the logo and marketing material is?

They did a fantastic job creating the feel of a UEFA Champions League just by looking at it. I really feel like I'm following a classy and important tournament; and let's be honest, that feeling is very important when you're trying to create something that people will stand up and take notice about.

Hopefully next year they'll think about expanding television coverage.

Great start!

Oh, and the SuperLiga anthem needs some work...I felt like I was at Disneyland.

13. CrazyDCFan

CrazyDCFan Member

Mar 31, 2002
    Henan, China
    I totally agree. Anyone who thinks the announcers on Uni/Tele are better are either stupid or can't understand Spanish.

Trust me, you don't want to understand them.

14. whatITis

whatITis New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Yes. I was a bit dissapointed with both first halves, as they seemed to lack any real motivation to play. The level of play of the second halves showed heart, determination, aggressiveness...everything you want to see in a meaningful, well fought game. Remember the allstar game last week? It was okay, but nobody wanted to go all out. These teams did go all out, up and down action. Its getting me excited to see DC tomorrow.

It does bother me to see so many people going on about how great these games have been because of the result. Had the results been the other way, they would be screaming bloody murder.

15. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Am I the only one who thinks Telefutura's production of the games was awful? The bar at the top of the screen blocked out any play going down that wing. They constantly zoomed in on players while the game was going on. They show a full screen of statistics leaving play for 15 seconds at a time. And that doesn't even get into the annoying announcers.

Did anybody watch the feed on MLSNET.com? What did ya think? I might have to go that route because I can't stand how Telefutura/Univision presents games anymore.

16. BerlinKopKid

BerlinKopKid New Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Berlin, Germany
    I woke up here in Berlin at 6.30 and logged on. To my surprise the LA game wasn't finished and there was a link to view streamed online.What Is aw was pretty amazing quality. Usually on streamed football you cant often see the ball cos it disappears in the pixel jumble, but this was great quality, no jumping or glitching and English commentary.

Only saw a few minutes, but decent result for LA.

17. RedBulls

RedBulls New Member

Feb 19, 2007
    great intensity, scuffles in both games, and closely contested....looks like the real thing...smelss like the real thing....must be...

18. siva66

siva66 Member+

Apr 7, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol, the real thing? chivas played a bunch of teenagers and pachuca played a 15 year old. it's a scrimmage for the mfl. you guys are the ones hyping this up, but whatever floats your boat. play sudamericana, libertadores or at least play away from the u.s. and then you'll league will know the definition of intensity.

19. Black Tide

Black Tide Member+

Mar 8, 2007
    the 8th Dimension
    or you could spend the 10 bucks and get mlstv for the rest of the season and watch it in english

20. FC Uptown

FC Uptown New Member

Feb 3, 2006
    H-town
    I was at the Dallas-Chivas game. Chivas was missing some players and Dallas was missing our starting goalie Dario Sala and Kenny Cooper at forward. Let me tell you something, that was no scrimmage and no one on the field held anything back. Chivas only came away with a point with a "Hand of God" moment. Sure, away games are tough. When Dallas beat Tigres last year at Tigres it was the most intense and satisfying win all year, arguably. Glad to see so many Chivas and MFL fans come to the stadium - really added to the atmosphere. Be sure to come back sometime - don' be afraid!:)

21. delafutbol

delafutbol New Member

Apr 3, 2004
    Delawhere?
    I absolutely loved the Dallas/Chivas game. It was played at a high quality and intensity for both sides. For Dallas Toja was amazing and I couldn't help but notice the quality of Ricardinho. This guy is fantastic. If they sign Denilson these guys will go to another level. Overall the game was very highly contested by both sides. This is exactly what the SuperLiga needs.
    The LA/Pachuca game also was good. A great result for LA. Man do they struggle keeping possession of the ball though. In the end, they finished their chances and get the 3 points. Great night for futbol.

22. rock-star_79

rock-star_79 New Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Milwaukee
    I agree both games were very good and the refereeing needs improvement but as for the Telefutura announcer's being awful I have to disagree. They may not be the greatest but they do a decent job. They show their passion for the game and on games like these that is what is needed.

They are also not completely bias. Tonight they gave all four team credit for their play and even gave the MLS respect.

The thing that annoys me is not the announcers but the effects they constantly display during games. Just show us the game.

23. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle
    SUPERLIGA - WHO WANTS THAT DAMN MONEY
    [youtube]6Z2vrqlh7Q8[/youtube] [youtube]beVz93v3C2s[/youtube] :D

24. Turboduck01

Turboduck01 New Member

Feb 21, 2002
    San Diego CA
    it's crazy son!