Super Hoops at Revs 9/15 Pre/In-Game thread

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by boomersooner027, Sep 12, 2007.

1. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    As much as this game pissed me off, the pitch (I mean the the turf not the sloth like defender) did have something to do with it.

2. hutchtx

hutchtx Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well . . . happy birthday, Carlos. Nice goals!

Too bad the team looked awful during the second half. I had hope during the first half. I thought they looked okay, although they couldn't keep posession that well. But then it just seemed to fall apart.

Sorry, Crazdcolombian -- not a good game for you to watch first hand.

I'm really not liking what I'm seeing, in terms of winning titles . . . :(

Dang, but the Thursday game had better have better results!! :mad:

P.S. This team does have talent . . . why can't they put it together right now?

3. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    Brilliant minds think alike, even if the okie one is unaccredited.

(Went to a college fair today. What table did the squid head to first?

********ing OU.)

********ing kids will break your heart.

4. JuanIg

JuanIg New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Dallas
    It wasn't the first time he has played on a fake field.

5. fcd_noob

fcd_noob New Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Plano
    Repped. For as much heat as Sala has received of late, some even from me, I do not blame Sala for this loss. Even that 3rd goal. He dove for the ball twice, and showed the kind of hustle we've been looking for from Burse. When he jacked up his arm I thought Burse was coming in, but no. That 4th goal from long range blew but once again, he was off by a hair. Not like other games where he watched it cruise in from afar.

The pushy-shovey stuff early on bothered me but by and large Goodson was (mostly) good. I agree with Ryan that Moor is playing all over the map in a way that makes me wonder WTF position/role he thinks he is playing. For "D" he's at the other end of the pitch a lot. Cool when he scores - and now that I'm done counting on one hand - back off. Being a n00b and all, I'll ask: Is there such a thing as an attacking defender? That seems oxymoronic to me. Where was Yi, actually? Injured? Doghouse?

I'll leave that to the philosophers. Again, the gamesmanship with the throw-in toward the end was, mmm, interesting, but if it isn't putting FCD points on the board I'm pretty nonplussed about it.

Re: Passes, seemed like FCD was trying to pretend Toja was playing, without the benefit of Toja actually playing. Good effort, but FCd has to do better than that if they're not going to be one and out during the playoffs.

[Jim Mora]Playoffs? Playoffs? [/Mora] :rolleyes:

6. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    Brilliant!

7. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    Yet your man love for Sala makes you give him a pass.

8. fcd_noob

fcd_noob New Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Plano
    I hear that. On the up side, after all of the grief and nay-saying my wife has been giving me - nay, the world - about how much she hates soccer and can't believe I like FCD, or soccer period, watched some of the game, warts and all, and kept asking me what time the Thursday game is, and where are the seats exactly, etc. I have HN tickets for this one, so I am using 118 as a "get her in the building" ploy and if she is drawn to the sheer mayhem of 116 it's a short walk. ;)

She loved the first goal when Ruiz tugged at his collar to the NER fans.

I'm convinced that while she'll still be a pointy ball fan to the death, not that there's anything wrong with that, seeing FCD live at PHP will get her talking. I'll prepare to field ticket calls from her co-workers a few days later. :cool:

9. 85FinMiles

85FinMiles Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Below 20
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Columbus has now 4 games to get 12 points (where we're concerned), two of which are on the road to DC and NE. We still have a good chance of making the playoffs, at which time, I'm fairly certain it will have to be (and I'll be G**-d**ned if it ain't looking like it will be) TWO and out. :D

Anyone have any thoughts on Wallace's first minutes of his career?

10. hutchtx

hutchtx Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's just hope that Toja is playing on Thursday, and in fairly decent form! :) That'll hook her! It hooked me back at the beginning of the season. Honestly, for us girls . . . soccer has so much more to offer than "pointy ball". Football players are wrapped in all that padding. The futbol player, well . . . there's a reason I love our seats in section 104, right behind where the team warms up before the game . . .:D

11. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep - agree with ya for a change.........

12. JuanIg

JuanIg New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Dallas
    If you want to give Denilson a pass for playing a lousy game on a lousy surface, go ahead. I was just pointing out it wasn't his first game on artifical turf.

13. FC Uptown

FC Uptown New Member

Feb 3, 2006
    H-town
    Our pre-game strategy of stopping Twellman and getting Ruiz some shots on goal actually worked extremely well. Is Serioux hurt or something, why didn't he play? Saragosa would have helped body-up on Screetch last night.

14. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    I said the turf had something to do with the loss.

Do you disagree with that?

15. JuanIg

JuanIg New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Dallas
    Actually, I do. I'm not looking to start a fight, but I don't think the turf played that much of a role. Denilson had some pretty bad corner kicks and free kicks that had nothing to do with the turf. Letting the Revs fly up with wings and not taking advantage of Reis' many mistakes, lost us the game. Plus, I think playing Drew Moor out of position has finally caught up with us. He doesn't have the speed to contain a guy like Smith. In that case, I don't know what the answer is. It's not like we have anyone who can play that position better.

16. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shalrie Joseph.

17. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I'm not sure that turf doesn't play influence freekicks. I saw Beckham earlier this year on turf hit the wall four straight times. I haven't seen a lot of his games and may be wrong but is that a normal thing for him? The ball does not that little bit of extra loft from a tuft of grass and may make lot of difference especially for those who don't paly or practice on it much. Now FCD does have a turf field in their complex and should practice on it a little bit before games such as these and if they don't that is another issue.

18. The Gribbler

The Gribbler Member

Jul 14, 1999
    Cedar Hill, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I recall that in the first game this season against NE the same thing happened. Hopefully Morrow has now discovered he must avoid this matchup in the future.