Super Classico Revelations

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by wcssstar33, Aug 30, 2009.

1. wcssstar33

wcssstar33 Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) Jesus Padilla is the real deal. I'm not a big fan of the "cap him now" stuff, but if he shows like that week in and week out, he should be.

2) Sacha Kljestan has lost himself. Padilla should have at least one goal, probobly two, but Kljestan didn't look to his right.

3) Omar Gonzales is the real deal too. He was a stalwart, and at just 20, imagine how good he will be.

any other thoughts?

2. TheBrand

TheBrand Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Atlanta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad I'm not the only one that noticed. I remember being impressed with him when he played against Barca at the other Chivas. I thought that was a fluke up until tonight. That kid looks serious.

3. Wessoman

Wessoman Member+

Sep 26, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you about Padilla, although for all his intensity he does make some mistakes. I don't think he's going to be capped by either the US or Mexico until well after the World Cup. That said, he is certainly in the mix for 2014 for either team, and we have to keep an eye on him, especially since the US is rather thin at outside mid.

As for Kljestan, this game pretty much has written off any chance he had of making the 2010 squad. Kljestan should seriously focus on his MLS play and try and work himself onto the 2014 squad.

Gonzalez is good, but who has impressed me for the Galaxy all season long is De La Garza. He's the primary reason behind the Galactic renaissance at the back. No, he's nowhere near 2010 but once again, he certainly can be in the mix for 2014.

4. wcssstar33

wcssstar33 Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We do always have the January friendly..

5. ArkUnited

ArkUnited Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Fayetteville, AR
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was impressed by Gonzales too. If he continues to improve he could be a great player in the future.

6. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    what school did they both goto [​IMG]

7. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007