Sunday vs. NSC Minnesota p/i/m/p

Discussion in 'St Louis FC' started by KyleScarborough, Jul 29, 2010.

1. KyleScarborough

KyleScarborough New Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's the general feeling on doing the tailgating thing again as opposed to Growlers?

I suppose this targets just a few of us rather than the entire group, but I had a blast hanging out at the park early and spending a lot less money supplying my own drinks--and a lot of 'em--as opposed to spending 25 bucks at Growlers on a few pints.

2. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm good with never hitting Growler's again.

I'm good with the tailgate 4eva.

We started going to Growlers because they wouldn't let us tailgate....

3. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm for it.
    What do you guys think about still parking in Dmelsh's parking lot (whatever it's called) and then maybe jump in someone's car (or cars) & split the fee for parking in the lot? The reason being that way you can stash your cooler/liquor/bbq grill/goodies/whatever when it's time to go in, without having to walk all the way back to the lot. thoughts?

4. demunb

demunb Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Crystal City, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

you're always welcome to stash your coolers etc. in my van during the game too if you decide to park outside the gates.

5. dccoulthard

dccoulthard New Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Valier, IL
    Club:
    Toulouse FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think you guys should start a "who can blow a .16 BAC first" type of game. It would be awesome, dude!!!!!

6. STLSpurs

STLSpurs New Member

Dec 3, 2008
    St. Louis
    I think we should start a game for who can be the most insufferable prick on this board. You win, brahski!!!!

Joking aside, you are right. HOW DARE WE DRINK!!! We beg your forgiveness, o God of All Things Soccer. Lead us away from the temptations of the demon spirit and into Your Light! O, dccoulthardus, we beseech thee, in thy infinite wisdom, to teach us the ways of judging others for doing things with which we do not agree.

Perhaps one day, all soccer fans of this planet shall worship Your Glorious Word and we shall finally break the shackles of good spirits AND good spirit. The day will come when we as soccer fans, black and white, Protestant and Catholic, Jew and Gentile, shall join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual:

"Prudes at last, Prudes at last, thank DCCoulthard Almighty, WE ARE PRUDES AT LAST!"

7. Nyghtewynd

Nyghtewynd I'd Rather Walk Alone

May 30, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what's the deal with that parking lot across from the entrance to the stadium? I always that that that place wasn't allowed for parking, but there were an awful lot of people walking across from one to the other...?

8. dccoulthard

dccoulthard New Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Valier, IL
    Club:
    Toulouse FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Why do you get so damn defensive when I call you drunks? Just wondering.

I mean, your fearless leader thinks that Thierry Henry is some clothing designer in Morocco who invented the Fez, that Rudi Voller was a Nazi general who was tried for war crimes, and that Keisuke Honda is a new type of hybrid car coming out in 2013.

I mean, the lack of soccer knowledge by most of you is amazing, and I think you just drink to justify this fact. I really think that only one person in this discussion really knows anything about soccer, and that is Kyle.

Now, listen, I drink. I can hold my own extremely well. But I don't talk about it ALL THE DAMN TIME like you all do. I mean, the amount you talk about it, I am starting to wonder if Section 20 is just one large AA meeting that really isn't that anonymous.

9. demunb

demunb Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Crystal City, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

seriously, what is your problem? why do you care what we do? I don't give a shit that you moan on and on about how great French soccer is. I don't care that you write for a blog about St. Louis soccer and seem less and less interested in anything to do with St. Louis. I don't even give a shit that you seem to hate everything about the supporters groups. So, we get it, you think we're a bunch of drunken losers- you don't need to keep saying it.

10. demunb

demunb Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Crystal City, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

How much time have you spent in Section 20?

How much time have you actually spent talking to us about soccer?

You know nothing of which you speak.

11. dccoulthard

dccoulthard New Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Valier, IL
    Club:
    Toulouse FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Dude, you wear a damn chicken head to a game. And I am supposed to take you seriously?

12. dccoulthard

dccoulthard New Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Valier, IL
    Club:
    Toulouse FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    How much do YOU people talk about soccer? I come here on this board, and all you talk about he "hey, were are we going to drink before, during, and after the game." You never ********ing talk about soccer. EVER! I mean, true, some people like Nic think that Xabi Alonso is a new type of aftershave, but that is fine.

If you all actually cared about this team, you might want to actually buy the booze at the concession stand instead of sneaking it in!

13. demunb

demunb Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Crystal City, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I didn't ask you to take me seriously. But you seem bound and determined to call us all drunken dipshits and you haven't even spoken to most of us or bothered to come down to section 20 which you apparently hate so much. The fact that I wear a chickenhead has nothing to do with it. Your beloved french national team has several fans wearing chickens on their heads. You had a lot of people that followed your blog and really supported what you're doing, but now you're routinely insulting us. Why is that?

14. dccoulthard

dccoulthard New Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Valier, IL
    Club:
    Toulouse FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I didn't. I just ask why drinking is your top priority, that is all.

15. demunb

demunb Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Crystal City, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

a few people sneak beer in, the majority of us spend a lot of money at the games. Again, come to section 20 and you'll be able to make a statement of fact rather than randomly giving an unsubstantiated opinion. Also, if you'd come to one of our tailgate parties that we organize to get more people to the games for the good of our team, you'd actually hear a lot of soccer talk. If you stood in section 20 you'd hear a lot of analysis of the game. But you don't. You sit in judgement on the other side of the pitch and then you come on here where friends gather to talk about all sorts of things related to the team and bitch and derail.

Start your own damn thread about a specific football issue that you want to talk about and maybe others will join in. Or you can be a dick and insult people. Whatever works best for you.

16. dccoulthard

dccoulthard New Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Valier, IL
    Club:
    Toulouse FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    So, when I insult you, it is bad. But when someone like Nic insults us, that is totally fine? I mean, I just want to get this right. I mean, I am not worried about losing you as a follower of our site because of 1. you never plugged us once, so who cares and 2. we are becoming the NASL Fanatic as of August 1st.

But what is funny is if you want to actually read "news" about the team, you will be forced to read the NASL Fanatic, because you know damn well you won't get it anywhere else lol.

17. dccoulthard

dccoulthard New Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Valier, IL
    Club:
    Toulouse FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    HA HA! Highly doubt that!

18. STLSpurs

STLSpurs New Member

Dec 3, 2008
    St. Louis

Come down, I'll give you a lesson in soccer, both on the pitch and off it. Tactics, history, or just me schooling you one on one.

All of this because we try to plan a tailgate. You don't like us talking about it? Don't read it, and f*** off to some other board. I think Real Salt Lake has a high percentage of folks that disapprove of drinking as much as you do (although the Mormons I know are actually pretty cool about others drinking---you may be all alone in your shrill hatred and polemics against other people having a good time).

19. STLSpurs

STLSpurs New Member

Dec 3, 2008
    St. Louis

man, you must think that dean windass is a kind of toilet paper, tee hee hee
    man, you must think that matt le tissier is a french fashion designer, tee hee
    man, you must think that ettiene capoue is a type of cheese, tee hee
    man, you must think that avram grant is a type of scholarship, tee hee

oh teehehehehehhehee I am like sooooooooooooooooooooooo witty with my name drops AND my put downs, all in one sentence!!!@11!!!!1!!!

kindly ******** off.

20. dccoulthard

dccoulthard New Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Valier, IL
    Club:
    Toulouse FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Actually, I went to the U of Utah, and was wearing a RSL jersey yesterday.

Amazing that you all get defensive when I talk about drinking. Why is that? I mean really, why do you fly off the handle like you do.

Step 1 - admitting you have a problem.

21. demunb

demunb Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Crystal City, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never said anyone insulting you was fine. I understand why you did what you did and I understand why Nik did what he did. But you continue to insult him so I think you guys are probably about even on that score. I never insulted you but you've continually insulted the people in Section 20.

That's just wrong, I plugged you several times and recommended your site to lots of people. I linked to articles on your site and I posted responses to articles. I linked to your facebook page from mine and I would imagine some of my fans found your site because of me. I would still link to a story that you would post if I thought it was something my fans wanted to hear or was the first to post a story. But, lately your blog has been more NASL in general and other blogs have posted AC STL news first.

I'm just tired of your sniping for no good reason. It serves no purpose.

And before you get an over-inflated sense of worth, there are other blogs out there covering American soccer.

22. dccoulthard

dccoulthard New Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Valier, IL
    Club:
    Toulouse FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You might want to take a look at your Facebook page and see how many plugs you gave us and then restate your position on that note.

23. STLSpurs

STLSpurs New Member

Dec 3, 2008
    St. Louis

No one is getting defensive about drinking---I had a jello shot and three beers. Whop de doo. You, on the other hand, seem to equate having a few drinks with rampant alcoholism, suggesting that you have a very stilted view of the world. When your last resort is to accuse people of being defensive, you've got a pretty poor argument. In fact, it sounds like something McCarthy would say: "Aha! So you say you're not a communist...a red pinko America-hating commie WOULD say that!"

What we are getting is annoyed that YOU hate the fact that a group of people uses this board to plan tailgates, etc. We are also annoyed that you pretend to know so much more about soccer, blah blah blah, and that you seem to disapprove of anybody who does not follow the French team and Ligue 1 as much as you.

We get it. You like soccer. Now stop acting like all the other arrogant, pedantic ********** that give soccer fans a bad name.

The first step is admitting that you're a c***.

p.s. these conversations you're having about soccer...who exactly are you talking to? surely you can't have many friends if you behave in such an imperious, abrasive manner with everybody?

24. dccoulthard

dccoulthard New Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Valier, IL
    Club:
    Toulouse FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    So, I don't get it. I didn't think I was insulting you at all.

You all come on here and talk about how you drink all of the time. You only talk about drinking before, during and after the game.

Therefore, when I said that you should have a game where "whoever blows a .16 first wins", how is that an insult if you are into drinking?

Shouldn't you wear that like a badge of pride, especially for the winner?

You say you are proud to drink, then I suggest a game to play that involved a lot of drinking, and you get mad?

What's up with that?

25. STLSpurs

STLSpurs New Member

Dec 3, 2008
    St. Louis
    You know what, man? No amount of logic or hyperbole is going to persuade you to not be a snarky little bitch. I would ask you to let other people lead their lives as they wish without constant snarky comments from some douche hiding behind a computer screen, but clearly it hasn't worked in the past.

Either come join us, or leave us alone and stop bitching.