Sunbowl 2003

Discussion in 'Referee' started by Jeff L, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    As it is exactly 2 months by date today before the SUNBOWL 2003 kicks of in Tampa, Florida, who will be making the trip this year? Will it be "the usual suspects", and is "Mrs. Claymore's husband" going to be in attendance again?
    I will look forward to see those attending again this year. Let me know who is going please.
    Jeff Lancaster, London, England.

2. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeff -

Sorry to say I won't be making it this year. I picked up a knee injury in April and wasn't entirely sure I'd be back to full strength in time for the fall season. Consequently, I didn't put in an application for this year. I had to give up my slot at Veterans' Cup in Hawaii this year for the same reason.

Doing better now, though. I've been doing senior mens' amateur games for the past few weeks and it feels okay, but still not 100%. Maybe I'll see you at USA Cup?

3. kevbrunton

kevbrunton New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crap. I forgot -- I can't believe we are this far into the year already.

My son is now done with youth soccer -- he'll likely be playing on a PDL team next year, so he isn't going this year. But I was planning on applying to referee this year, but the BUSY summer got away from me and the deadline for applying has passed. Bummer!

Oh, well, if things go well, I should get my state badge next summer and I'd be better positioned to get accepted anyway.