Sun Ji-Hai is better than Song Chong-Gug

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by shenhua, Aug 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Re: Re: Re: Sun Ji-Hai is better than Song Chong-Gug

talk like that when China beat Korea in A match for the first time ever.

2. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    guess who leads in Tackle per personal foul, total tackles in worldcup?
    tell me any left midfielder/wing who could penetrate and cross against Song in WC.
    BTW Song played as defender against Turkey.

3. casualfan

casualfan New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    my question is going unanswered in my other thread, so i will ask it here where all the action is.

ok for those of you that have the 2 layer korea nt jersey, which side is the flag on, the right sleeve or left sleeve?

4. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    how ironic. It's his end of his career and...din't he win something..not too long ago? something about being the best player on earth..

speaking about Kewell, what has he done at the world stage? He loses to Figo on both pro and international level. Being young alone doesn't mean much here since Figo led Portugal win the World Youth Championship twice. Song is younger than SUn. What ya gonna say now?

5. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    you're losing this argument shenhua. There's NO WAY you can say those teams are better than Poland, USA, Portugal, Italy, Spain, Germany and Turkey.

about Inamoto, you still didn't answer my question. So is he now all of a sudden better player than Ballack?

Like I said, I can make a better argument of saying Jae-won Shim being better than Sun although he didn't make the WC squad.

6. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    good point. But never mind all that. They weren't gonna listen to any of those statistics at the first place.

7. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    Right side. But the WC team had it on their left side since they embroidered the WC emblem on the right arm.

8. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    I can't help but notice that everyone in your list is non-Korean - Really shows how insecure you are with regards to the Korean team.

9. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Unbelievable. Do you even watch the EPL? LOL .....

You're really some piece of art.

10. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Don't bother wasting precious keystrokes - There's no use talking to a guy who doesn't watch the EPL.

11. latru

latru New Member

Jun 10, 2002
    NY.
    So you're saying that Newcastle and Leeds are better than Spain, Germany and Italy? Bold statement but I'd choose the national teams over those club squads on pure talent.

Edit: everybody in here is a homer.

12. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Agreed 100%. There's no use arguing who's better - Song or Sun. It's your word against my word. And because Sun played only 10 minutes at the WC and has only played 2 games so far in the EPL, a fair comparison between him and Song cannot possibly be made at this very moment.

Let's rest this case and re-open it again in 3 month's time, shall we?

13. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Those aren't my exact words, but I did imply that Newcastle and Leeds are at least better than Poland, USA, and perhaps even Italy.

14. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    oh wow great. Two fairly good EPL games and you're a better player than someone who led the chartS in the World Cup data!

What does that make Bum-keun Cha here? GOD?
    I really wonder what ppl will start saying when Sun plays 308 EPL games. I bet they'll say he's the best player on earth.

Play AWESOME at seven consecutive games that includes Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle, West Ham, Leeds(list of top 7 teams of last season) IN-A-ROW and then come back for some discussion.

The national teams are MUCH more mentally stronger and determined, but I could put that aside just to make you guys feel more comfortable.

Comparing Sun to Jae-won Shim would make more sense. Saying Sun is better than Song based on two "ok" performances at the EPL is just like trying to say Inamoto is better than Ballack just out of the Intertoto cup result.

15. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    AND determination.

16. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    What the hell? I'm sorry, but you just wasted all your precious keystrokes for nothing.

In your post you said:

you're losing this argument shenhua. There's NO WAY you can say those teams are better than Poland, USA, Portugal, Italy, Spain, Germany and Turkey.

And I replied:

Unbelievable. Do you even watch the EPL? LOL .....

You're really some piece of art.

Did I even mention ONE word about Sun or Song? I wasn't even talking about them. I was just talking about the level of NT's and EPL teams, you moron.

For christ's sake, stop smoking whatever you're smoking and goddamn wake up and get your thoughts right before I have to waste some more precious keystrokes to try to explain things to a moron like you again.

17. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    so? on the other hand, your post sounds like you didn't watch the WC. Both Poland and US are good teams. Poland was the first from Europe after France to qualify out of Europe. US, well, if you watched the WC, you should know. (I hope you watched the US-Germany game!)

We're talking about NATIONAL teams in the WORLD CUP LEVEL here. Note that all teams in the WC stage are ready to eat you up.

Just because I said the WC teams' levels which Korea had to face are stronger than the EPL teams which Man City faced, doesn't all of a sudden mean I did not watch the EPL.

I think I really need to be a bit stricter here. Why are you getting so personal?

I think I really should be stricter here. I'm not a moron just because I disagreed with you.

18. moderators, do something to the supermod. we have 4 mods here, and why you mods all let the outsider moderate here?

19. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    actually, I edited some of the name-callings between you and casualfan in the "K-League/ J-League" thread. I didn't move it to the recycle bin though.

20. i know it was you and i know it was the supermod who deleted the thread completely. it is always him who comes after me wherever i post and deletes whatever it is. soooo annoying. tell him "we are ok here as long as we keep our eyes on this forum so just go away. We have 4 mods here and why do you bother yourself moderating here?" i'm tired of sending him pm or recieving warning from him

21. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    But this forum is far from being ok. Every thread is turning out to be a flame war between posters.

It's a last warning before cards are given out. Please relax, and be civil--don't call each other names and make homophobic and racial taunts towards each other.

22. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    I watched every single WC game this summer. Poland was crap in the match against Korea and Portugal - even lower-rung teams like Sunderland, Everton, or even Southhampton could have stolen a point or two from them. Except Olisadebe nobody played well.

US of A? Luck was on their side. Friedal saved a couple of PKs and the they were lucky to have faced Portugal's mediocre defense and keeper.

The US-Germany match was a bore. If you adore US so much, why don't you look at Reyna, Keller, and Friedal, three of the best players in the US? I hope it doesn't surprise you that they all play in mid-table EPL teams.

Like EPL teams don't really care about fighting for positions in the table.

You're starting to get under my skin.

23. and taped all the games except 2 or 3, did you? yet, i hardly re-watched them and now my room is full of these video tapes

24. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    then why don't you look even further and look at the Korean players? "oh wow, then I guess the K-League is one of the best!!"

Not a good logic.

surely not as much as what goes on in the WC stage. Everton getting more interest than the English National team? Everton being more pressured than the English National team gets before and during the World Cup? please...

under YOUR skin? or is it just that I denied that Sun is better than Song based on the 2 "ok" performance in the EPL?

25. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I know, what a waste. I think I'm just going to keep the tape with Japan's three group matches. You know what, I'll watch it this weekend.