Sun Ji-Hai is better than Song Chong-Gug

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by shenhua, Aug 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    one of the most creative midfielders in the world. A player that's better than Sun and a player that Sun will dream to defend. now, who is kewell?

2. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    you are underestimating the world cup.

3. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    I would count only the top teams in the EPL in the above category.

Also, a couple of fairly good games in EPL STILL has not beaten what Song has achieved. Portugal-Italy-Spain-Germany games in-a-row even as the teammates were being knocked out due to injuries one-by-one. It's tough to find an EPL game-sets that can beat the caliber of "P-I-S-G combination".

Since Poland, U.S. and Turkey are all good teams, I guess that could be P-U-P-I-S-G-T combination.

Remember, the player not only has to perform really well, but also has to play full time without being subbed a single second. Well.....that is....AFTER you've found the 7 games that can par the aforementioned P-U-P-I-S-G-T set.

oh yeah...and..um...Song is pretty young.

4. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Song scored more goals against turkey, then the whole Chinese squad scored in the entire world cup.

5. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    WAS one of the most creative mids in the world. Where the hell have you been the past year?

6. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    You obviously don't follow EPL very closely. Out of all leagues, the EPL is the one that houses the most WC players. Not only the top teams, but mid table teams like Spurs, Newcastle, West Ham, etc. may well surprise you.

7. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    most WC players? well the WC had ALL the WC players.

I really didn't know Sun already started all 7 games without being subbed for a single second in the EPL. Especially all the teams being able to par the likes of P-U-P-I-S-G-T combo.

and to add more, all 7 PUPISGT combo was played in a span of only 26 days.

8. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Top EPL teams are probably better than Japan, slovenia, china and korea. but you can not say that top EPL teams are better than Spain, Italy and Portugal. Maybe Man U is as good as Italy. As for middle class EPL teams that you have listed there, Top J league and K league teams could take them on.

This is KF's point.

starting in two EPL games can not, may not, shall not out shadow 7 games of excellent appearance in the world cup.

9. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    who destroyed his last chance of becoming one of the best in the world again?

10. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    song also doesn't get injured much

11. latru

latru New Member

Jun 10, 2002
    NY.
    It's quite obvious that all Koreans are gonna choose Song and all the Chinese fans are gonna say Sun is better. I'll have to reserve my decision until I see a few more Man City and Feyenoord (when Song eventually debuts) matches. Both players have been performing well as of late, albeit Sun's only played a few games in the EPL and I haven't seen much of Song outside the WC. Give it some time before passing judgement.

12. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    One of the most skillful att-midfielder in the world. A player that's better than Song and Song can't get a chance to defend him.
    BTW, do you actually watch football?

13. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Himself, I mean his bad ankle injury.

14. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Of course he won't. He isn't going to get any injury when he spends most of the times on the bench. Don't worry about this one.

15. latru

latru New Member

Jun 10, 2002
    NY.
    Why not wait until Song actually suits up for a game?

I still can't see how your putting down Song after his stellar play at the WC. He also had an amazing strike against the US in a friendly a few months back. Sun has two straight solid games in the EPL and all of a sudden he's a better player?

16. crom80

crom80 New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Sun WHO?

u may have ur own oppinions but calling Song CRAP is just plain wrong

since everyone hates getting emotional i'll just show u da facts (which u probably would have done if u wanted to even sound a teeny bit logical)

go to http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/en/t/st/index.html which was the official site during the WC2002

look at individual defence (since most of u claim Song is less of a defender..) look who's on top of the list .. OH.. OH Oh my.. ITS... SONG
    hmm see a couple of chinese NT players... hmm no Sun...

than lets look at individual attack.
    hmm dun seem to see neither Song nor Sun... oh wait wait.. Song's in the upper half... where's Sun??

i know u ppl hate our team and players
    just try to make sense when u do... say... song is ugly or something like that which i could at least in any doubt somtimes agree upon...
    but dun go saying Song sucks compared to.. what was his name...

show me the facts!!!

17. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    That might take a long long time.
    Anyway, latru, if Song does get to play occasionally. Welcome back to share your judgement with us.

18. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    I agree with you on this one.

19. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Guess what? We don't hate your team and we don't hate your players neither. Nobody says that Song something is ugly.
    You want some facts? Sun got injured after only 10 minutes in his first game of the WC. He played only 10 minutes. You won't find anything about him on the FIFA website. You need to read some of the previous posts before you reply.

20. crom80

crom80 New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    i meant i rather u say he's ugly or something. cuz thats what i can agree on.. but dun diss his stats compared to ur Sun-who.

and i did read all ur posts cuz i have a very boring job

and ur digging ur own grave by saying "He played only 10 minutes. You can't find anything about him on the FIFA website. "
    what basis do u have to say he's better than Song then?? u only saw him touch the ball, what like 2 times during the 10 minutes and u can tell he's better than Song?? please come up with a better reason.

i dun think u know what a real good player is..
    good players know how to avoid big injuries
    if not.. why wouldnt some team just hack a star player from the begining
    even park ji sung was able to play most of the games after the portugal game where his knee was almost popped out by a tackle.

if Sun was a smart and good player he would have been able to avoid it. if he was as strong as Song than i think he would have gotten up.. maybe he needs to eat more bulgogee

and if u still dun agree.. then i think its justice to what u did to hwang in 98

tell him to wait another 4 years

21. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Fixed your post

22. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    To wrap it all up:

Song is a fruitcake and Sun is a chinese checker playing monkey who can't even hold on to his own penis because its so small.

I hate Song. I hate Sun Ji Hai too because some Chinese folks are "nicely" talking some major shiet. But I'm down with all that. You guys just buy your own hate don't you. Trolling for fun is one thing but being stupid for real is another.

On a serious note: Sun Ji-hai is the better defender (or you guys claim) but Song Jong-guk is the better player. I don't care if Sunny can hold down Kewell (the aussie, right?) but the truth is..he havent played against muther fu.c.king
    Luis Figo
    Christian Vieri
    bi+ch whining trippin Totti
    Raul Gonzalez
    Ilhan Mansiz
    Morientes
    insert another world class player from either POLAND, USA, PORTUGAL, ITALY, SPAIN, GERMANY, TURKEY here

KC or whoever saying Song will bench but I guess you need brain surgery more than leelo does. thanks.

23. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like Ronaldo, Owen, and Figo?

24. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Figo got too bigheaded and didnt care
    I never knew Owen had a serious inujry
    and Ronaldo is just an alien and we don;t know how to fix his problems.thanks.

25. SlamD

SlamD New Member

Apr 20, 2002
    Holland
    Don't know much about Sun Ji-Hai, but Song did impress many (may have been because we (in Holland) followed Team Korea with more interest than we would do normally). Hope he does well at Feyenoord...

What's the current situation by the way? Is he still waiting for his permit, or is there any progress since last week?