Sun Ji-Hai is better than Song Chong-Gug

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by shenhua, Aug 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    They both play similar positions but Sun jihai is better. If Sun wasn't hacked down by the costa rican guy we would have won that match, we looked so much better when he was on the field. As for Song, he better hope that Newcastle gets Emerton, otherwise he will never start for feyenoord. A lot of Feyenoord fans think he is the best foreign defender ever to play in holland!!

2. Ticallista

Ticallista Member

Jul 5, 2002
    wrong post, man.

beware. you gonna get a lot of stick.

3. oakydoaks

oakydoaks New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Denver, CO
    You will have to eat your words. I bet a billion dollars on this.

4. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Re: Re: Sun Ji-Hai is better than Song Chong-Gug

However it is highly likely that emerton will go, so it will be a pointless bet in the end

5. oakydoaks

oakydoaks New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Re: Re: Re: Sun Ji-Hai is better than Song Chong-Gug

exactly the same is true for your thread.

Should I start posting a picture with "Congratulations on your Gayest Thread !"?
    :D

6. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Sun Ji-Hai is better than Song Chong-Gug

My thread is NOT pointless. The point is that SONG CHONG GUG IS CRAP.

7. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Shenhua, but you can speak it in a more gentle voice. :) Let's not turn this into a heated discussion.

Btw, welcome to the forum.

8. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Sorry about that. But there is nothing wrong with a heated discussion. Otherwise i wouldn't have posted with a heading "SJH is better than SCG"

9. nw

nw Member

Nov 14, 2000
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sun Ji-Hai is better than Song Chong-Gug

While I agree that Sun Jihai is the better player, Song isn't crap.

10. nowhere

nowhere New Member

Jul 2, 2002
    I'm not a Korean soccer fan, in fact, I basically hate the Korean soccer team. But Song Chong-Gug is by far the best Asain soccer player I've ever seen. I never saw Boom-Boom or whatever his name was because I am only 19.

11. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Ok tell me why he is so good. What are his attributes. co-incidentally i have also never seen Bum Bum play, but i've seen lots of documentaries about the guy and his achievements are unmatched by other asian players

12. Re: Re: Re: Re: Sun Ji-Hai is better than Song Chong-Gug

go for it as long as the supermod doesn't interfere

13. casualfan

casualfan New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    i haven't really seen either of them play..so i will not make a judgement. but the name BUM KEUN is sick !!

14. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    who was better than Song again? Sun something? Crap talk all you want after Sun successfully stops Figo, rather than a nameless costarican player.

You should read some other threads in this forum. Especially the "Help me out here" thread (note the chinese media part in the end). This is an excellent proof that Chinese media brainwashes its citizens.

15. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002

Korea is better than China.

16. Fusion City

Fusion City New Member

Sep 25, 2001
    Manchester,England
    I saw Sun on saturday at Maine Road and he had Shearer,Lua Lua,Speed,etc in his pocket! I can see
    Sun becoming an ever-present at City,he seems to
    relish playing in front of 34,000 people...He is going
    to be a star in the Premiership,so maybe you want to get off his back & show him a bit of respect..He's
    not dreaming it,he's doing it!

17. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    its good another afc player shining in european league.
    BTW this thread is worthless and stupid, if Sun Jihai is better than Song, then what? good 4 u, congratulation.

anyway Qu Bo played better than Sun.

18. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    That does it. I'm sick of this place.

19. quattrosystem

quattrosystem Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    As a fellow Chinese person, Shenhua, I'd love to see our Nats succeed and gain recognition for their skills and achievements in the future, but I totally disagree with you on this one. Song is faster and has better ball skills than Sun. I have to give credit for Sun's defending ability, where he's really solid in the department. Song however, is a much more dynamic player and looks very good down the wing with his quick attacking style. Whereas Sun is much more of a defensively skilled player, and looks good in the back role that he plays for Man City.

20. Ticallista

Ticallista Member

Jul 5, 2002
    have to agree there with quattro.

both are different players with different strengths. they best positions (though they're a bit versatile) are not the same. one's a defender and one's a wingback.

21. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    Song is a midfielder. A wing player who is all-around who can play in many different positions left and right.

if this if that.

You know IF we play this if game then Korea can start dating back to 1954.

I don't think he's the best defender EVER, but they are on the right track that they got a very talented player AND a young player.

PS: Song played the most minutes in this World Cup. He was the only player who didn't get a single substitution throughout the 7 games. He plays at a position that requires a LOT of running and yet he never got substituted even for a second.

22. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    I agree with this.

23. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    nothing special, but just to remind you: You should read the TOS(you should have anyways when you signed here) and becareful not to be found trolling.

As for some other Korean posters here, please respond in a civilized manner even if it's clear that the original post was meant to be trolling.

If you want a fight and not an discussion, go to the rivalry board.

24. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    But no one really defends on a kevin keegan side. Sun made many surges upfield and put some very good crosses in but man city's finishing is pathetic.

25. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Re: Re: Sun Ji-Hai is better than Song Chong-Gug

Deep down somewhere in your heart you know you are wrong? i know you want to admit it, don't fight it