Summer Transfers

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by bobarino, May 20, 2004.

1. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Let the sell-off begin -- Zebina and Emerson to Juve -- Samuel to Real.

I hope we add strong midfield and defense talent to keep Totti happy and at Roma.

2. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  3. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may23j.html

This is a very good player, if this truly is a done deal. If Roma want to stay competitive for next season not only for Lo Scudetto, but the CL Mexes is a step in the right direction. Even though I have heard that Arsenal are interested in him.

4. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  5. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  6. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Midfield relief:

05/27/2004. Roma fans are very worried about their team's future and all that they have been hearing about lately is players that are going to leave the giallorossi. Now it's time for some good news.

Mancini has announced through his agent that he is in talks with the club to extend his current contract. The Brazilian midfielder has been linked to Barcelona previously but the player feels at home in Rome and wants to commit himself to the club.

7. strega

strega New Member

Jun 17, 2003
    los angeles
    i have seen mexes play both for club & country (last summer during the confederations cup when we were linked with him for the first time) and i like him loads. young, strong, will improve.... i was amazed to see he wasn't called up to the french national squad! on the plus side, it keeps his price down.....
    not better than samuel but he's younger and has time to grow

8. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If we add Mexes, and now possibly Gilardino and Ferrari, to next year's squad, are we as good or better than before?

9. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Here's the latest. Our defense is shaping up -- young and strong. Next to join is Gilardino!

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Roma prepare Mexes swoop[/font]
    Sunday 6 June, 2004
    [font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Philippe Mexes held extensive talks with the Giallorossi and could complete his switch on Monday, where Matteo Ferrari’d join him.
    [/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The defender has been a long-term transfer target for Roma, although the last time he was in negotiations with the club it was also with Coach Fabio Capello.
    [/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Despite the change in management with the arrival of Parma’s Cesare Prandelli, Mexes (pictured) reaffirmed that he is intent on joining the Stadio Olimpico outfit.
    [/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The only stumbling block now is his current club Auxerre, who have set a price-tag of approximately £5.6m, whereas Roma are only prepared to pay around £3.5m.
    [/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Mexes is embroiled in a legal battle over his contract with the French side, as he maintains that he can buy his way out for just over £3m.
    [/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]If the Giallorossi make a formal offer to Auxerre of somewhere in-between the two figures, then the deal could be completed as early as Monday.
    [/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Another defensive reinforcement is likely to be Matteo Ferrari, who is currently preparing for Euro 2004.
    [/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“I would be happy and proud to continue working with Prandelli,” revealed the Parma defender. [/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“I know that something is happening behind the scenes between my club and Roma, while Antonio Cassano has given me advice on where to buy a house in the Capital.”[/font]

10. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mexes and Ferrari to Roma

Mexes And Ferrari Close To Roma

"Roma's squad rebuilding project could get underway early next week with the signings of Philippe Mexes and Matteo Ferrari."

http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/v1847.html

both ferrari and mexes, and then gilardino! forza giallorossi!

[​IMG]

11. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Re: Mexes and Ferrari to Roma

In spite of Totti's disgrace on the national side, here is some good news for us giallorossi :)

Thursday, 17th June 2004
    Mexes snubs Reds for Roma

Auxerre defender Philippe Mexes is set to move to Roma on a four-year contract after turning down Manchester United.

Coach Guy Roux revealed earlier this week that United had made an offer of around £9.9million for the 22-year-old, but the player is keen to move to the Serie A club.

Mexes' agent Olivier Jouanneaux said: "We have met (Roma sporting director) Franco Baldini and a four-year contract has been agreed between Mexes and Roma."

12. GianPaolo

GianPaolo New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Is it offocial that Roma get Gilardino and Ferrari?

13. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's not official as of today. Numerous news reports have Gilardino and Ferrari stating their desire to play for us, but no contracts to date. After Euro 2K4 we will see some movement.

14. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Latest news piece that sheds some light on Gilardino. Doesn't look as good as before, but has now added a swedish flavor. Italian meatballs or Swedish meatballs? There all good to me...

Roma court King Henrik Saturday 19 June, 2004

The Giallorossi need a new striker and have flown out for talks with Swedish legend Henrik Larsson.

The 32-year-old striker is out of contract with Celtic and has rejected a series of Premiership proposals, insisting he wants to go “somewhere warm.”

It’s believed the forward would like to test himself in the tougher Leagues of Spain or Italy, so the Capital club could tempt him and Director of Sport Franco Baldini has flown out to Portugal.

Larsson would relish the opportunity to play alongside Francesco Totti and Antonio Cassano, especially with Roma’s high-scoring reputation.

The move is necessary after problems emerged in bringing in Parma hitman Alberto Gilardino, who is once again of interest to Juventus.

Another option is Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the Ajax man who chilled Italian hearts in last night’s 1-1 draw, although again Juve are leading the way in that race.

15. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  16. romperedes15

romperedes15 New Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Mexico
  17. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
  18. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Daje Lupi

Daje Lupi New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Toronto, Canada!
    lets just hope that we get the players Totti was interested in. I would hate to see this guy leave. Next season it will be a very young Roma team. Totti WILL be the emblem of the team. last year he was still the MAIN GUY, but we also had Emerson, Samuel to take his places at some time. Everyone will be looking up to Francesco. It's important that he stays. We need his leadership for Champions League.

FORZA FRANCESCO

20. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You really hit the nail on the head. Totti needs to be the man or AS Roma need another veteran (Larsson? add someone else....Wiltord? who knows?). Roma should lock Totti up for 3 or 4 more yrs! He is THE club.

Hey, what about that young scoring stud from Parma? What happened with that deal?

21. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    I believe the transfer window officially opens today. The news out of Rome is that they are about to sign Azzurri defender Matteo Ferrari from Parma. This is a good signing for Roma. In exchange, they are expected to send two young players -keeper Carlo Zotti and defender Cesare Bovo (both members of the U-21 European championship team) - in the other direction.

Roma is also competing with Inter to sign Simone Perrotta.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul1d.html

Meanwhile, Gilardino's ("that young scoring stud" :)) situation is still up in the air with Juventus and Real Madrid supposedly trying to sign him as well.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul1b.html

22. romperedes15

romperedes15 New Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Mexico
  23. Carletto Mazzone

Carletto Mazzone New Member

Feb 13, 2004
    much is being made out of gilardino but we have l'aeroplanino. montella started out great last season and his injury was a huge reason for us losing ground with milan at the end of the season. we should sell emerson, bring blasi back home, build up our defenese and midfield, and leave the high price market meat to the northern clubs to worry about. we have plenty of young forwards to put or faith in + montella and delvecchio (who were kept on the bench by the highest paid coach in europe).

GIALLO COM' IL SOLE, ROSSO COME IL CUORE MIO

24. Daje Lupi

Daje Lupi New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Toronto, Canada!
    I personally say get rid of Montella. He demands too much money, gets injured too often. Lately there has been controversial stuff going on with him. If we get Gilardino, I say get rid of Montella. I would still love too see Carew in a Giallorossi uniform.

25. Carletto Mazzone

Carletto Mazzone New Member

Feb 13, 2004
    What controversy? His divorce?

I think that he was left out more due to his banging heads with "il Mister piu pagato".

Big news today as Roma are about to do the inevitable: sell Emerson to Juve (www.sports.it & www.calciomercato.com). Prandelli mentioned in the past that he would like to bring Blasi (il Davids bianco) back to Roma should il Puma leave to Giu-ve. Anyway, our midfield is not my main concern.

Our money problems and Real Madrid's rising offers for Gilardino make me think that we are a long shot to get him now.