Summer Transfers Rumors/Speculation/Signed

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by phoenixhazard, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    are you sure you've won? because I want you to be right. I mean, I genuinely hope that we were serious in stating that we intended to keep bale, and that we weren't inclined to sell at any price. i'd like to think that, in the end, bale's head was turned, that he forced the move, and that we've just made the best of a bad situation.

but then I look at that price tag. and I consider our chairman. and I consider your veruca salt-like fans, and I envision your douchebag president as her overly-indulgent father. and I think to myself that it's entirely possible you've been taken to the cleaners from day one.

2. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's certainly not outside the realm of possibility... 85 million, ridiculous money.

3. Merck

Merck Member

May 7, 2007
    Buford, Georgia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Now, maybe this forum can return to normal finally.:cautious:

soccernutter repped this.
  4. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not until we sign another LB ;)

I can't believe all the news I'm hearing about Ozil. How the heck can Madrid lose such an influential player, they really are a stupid club.

5. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Yes because we have sold him already :rolleyes:

BalanceUT repped this.
  6. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reports are we are in for Ince now too. No clue why we need him

7. electrickeeper

electrickeeper The Ginger Pele
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's just not wise to re-post something that's already been removed for trolling. I was trying to be nice, but you clearly have no regard for our rules.

8. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Looks like it's going to be a quiet end to the transfer window for us unless Levy finds some bargains.

9. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kind of a let down. Withdrawal even. I'm starting to shake a bit.

10. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Skysports reporting Zenit is willing to loan us Hulk for just 10 million pounds. :ROFLMAO:

11. Aud300

Aud300 Member

Aug 14, 2004
    San Antonio Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw that and I was Ike Gtfo,only 10M....stupid

12. Aud300

Aud300 Member

Aug 14, 2004
    San Antonio Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    QPR are close to signing Carrol and BAE both on season long loans. #Ugh

13. SPUR-ious

SPUR-ious Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I just don't get the BAE situation given how Rose has performed.

14. chanman83

chanman83 Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is from espnfc's coverage

Miguel Delaney
    Spurs' business likely done... Coentrao didn't want to go to a non-Champions League squad

well..have fun riding the bench and not being used. Where if you came her you are easily #1 and can help spurs make it to CL.

15. SPUR-ious

SPUR-ious Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    So, after all this spending we have a glaring hole at LB?!

16. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    A less glaring one at right-back and a big fat question mark over the creative playmaker role.

17. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya know, for all the hate we are heaping on Walker and Rose, Spurs have given up only 1 goal this season.
    Last season, Spurs had given up 2 in their first match.
    After 3 matches last season, Spurs had given up 4.
    In three matches this season, two have been shutout. Last season, Spurs first shutout was to Lazio, the 5th match. The second was to Carlisle United two matches later in the Capital One Cup. It was not until the 10th match that Spurs got their second shutout again quality opponents, but first in the PL. The second PL shutout didn't arrive until December 1, the 22nd match of the season.

We all know the issues last season with Vert, Kaboul, Dawson, and Gallas in the early season, having to adjust to losing King, and not having Lord Lloris, Keeper of the Nets. In this thought, what we are expecting of Rose is to fit in with the team immediately. He has not been playing great, but he also spent last season on loan, and thusly is as much in need of fitting in as any of the new players.

In that light, it is Walker which deserves the most criticism, and rightly, IMO. He had played with Vert and Dawson and Lord Lloris, Keeper of the Nets for a season. He had played under AVB and know the tactics and style. But he, too, is missing Lennon in front of him. While Walker's defending last season was not to the level of the year prior, he was more successful offensively. This season, he is playing with a different player, a different style, in front of him. And with the attacking expected of the backs, this is also an adjustment.

The bottom line is that the only players that are not effected by the change are Vert and Dawson and Lord Lloris, Keeper of the Nets. Capoue is similar to Sandro or Parker, so no major adjustment. Vert and Dawson still play the same roles as last season, and so does Lloris. Those three have worked together. They understand each other.

One thing I mentioned in the Swansea match thread is that once Paulinho and Soldado get on the same page, they will be dangerous. But they don't speak the same language, and they have not had a lot of time communicating. Some players just gel, just understand the runs and movement of other teammates. Others have to adjust, and this takes time though communication. At this stage, I don't think Soldado can go to Chadli and tell him what to look for. They have to work together. And they have to include Paulinho and Capoue and Townsend. Thus, for the first 3 matches, Spurs have had French, Brazilian Portuguese, Flemish, Spanish, and English on the pitch, all having never played together for more than a month. In this regard, I think the biggest change will be to have Lamala on for Chadli not just for talent, but also for language.

What will be interesting, though, is how Sandro and Paulinho work together.

Raffaelo and vasilli07 repped this.
  18. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Agreed with that, I'm more than willing to give Rose more time rather than Walker.

19. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ive been saying that about our players needing time to gel. for the record though, no one on our squad solely speaks flemish. French is even more common in Belgium and almost everyone speaks English there as well.

If we are indeed loaning benoit we really do need another LB just for the sake of depth though.

Paulinho + Sandro could become the best CDM pairing in the league, and I bet Scolari is praying it does. Throw in Eriksen, Holtby, maaaybe Dembele, Sigurdsson, or even Lamela and it can operate as a fantastic attacking 4-3-3 with a CAM sitting in front of 2 CDMs

20. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel like the silence of today for Spurs is almost blasphemy...

BalanceUT repped this.
  21. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a bit of moron 1+1 = 3 from the RM forums. Apparently RM are selling Ozil to screw us b/c we f*ed them on the Bale transfer? So whatever RM says they want should be tailored by every club in the world and if they don't listen to RM then people are trying to f* them? wow...

22. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    Tried?

Wingtips1 repped this.
  23. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Apparently other clubs turned down Ozil due to wage demands, 200k a week once bonuses kick in. He's a quality player but plays in the position of greatest depth for them. Will be interesting to see how he copes with the physical play as well.

For us I'm happy, ideally we would get a more experienced leftback but I think we have enough to be in top 4 contention regardless. Also with Chirches here if Rose struggles can temporarily shift Jan to leftback and sort something out for January.

To be fair to Real, Chelski selling Mata is even dumber. At least Real get a big fee for Ozil and signed Isco for a lot less.

24. rbpierce

rbpierce Member

Jul 19, 2008
    los angeles, ca
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I really doubt an organization as big as Real Madrid makes decisions that way. I'm sure they wanted to sell him, and Arsenal is a club that can pay him. I doubt it has anything to do with Spurs. That is just how people who don't get it that this is big business interpret things.

25. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    As Jitty said in another thread, they are upgrading a position currently occupied by 33-year old Czech who is about half a decade past his prime. So this is a pure win for Arsenal, regardless of their needs in other positions.