Summer Transfer Thread Part VII

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Grateful Gooner, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    They call him "The English Patient" over there. :)

2. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yup. And I support the management in not going along with these tactics. He will go at the price Arsenal sets, not at the price RM wants to pay. He's a professional and he's got a contract with AFC.

3. baron00

baron00 New Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Texas
    Safe to say Reyes aint going nowhere now! Really pissed of RM and Chel$ki.... giving us ultimatums like we are begging to sell our players to them! They can both f...K the f...k off!

4. rojagooner

rojagooner New Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope we do something else before the window closes (a lot could happen in 2 weeks). There has been a lot of movement the last few days, especially in the EPL. Distin to Boro, Kuyt looks to be going to Pool, Muntari to Pompey, Hargreaves looks to be going to ManUre.

Gallas still wants out of Chelski but I am almost positive we won't even go for him.

5. ports485

ports485 New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Phoenix, Flagstaff
    Muntari to Pompey? He's someone I actually wanted us to sign. Well I like Hargreaves as well but I don't think he'd want to come to Arsenal.

6. JCGooner

JCGooner New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    LOL

7. rojagooner

rojagooner New Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/5260452.stm

Nothing is set in stone yet but it looks like it will happen.

8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    That's not possible, that's why players have contracts so clubs pay them regardless. There are no "pay cuts"........

9. GoonerMan

GoonerMan New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Essex,England
    Dont expect to see us being involved in any of these gucci players. if there is more than one team after a certain player, we wont be signing that player. most premiership teams can beat us to the signiture of these in-demand players at the moment, thats why ive come to expect that we will not be signing no hargreaves, muntari's, davies', kuyt's, mascherano's, torres's etc etc. even portsmouth can afford players we cant at the moment unfortunatly and thats why we are going to be taking gambles on players for the next couple of years. hopefully our youngsters will develop and will save us an awful lot of money in the future. untill they get good and want to leave.
    at least in 10 years time we will still be a great football club, whilst your chelski's and pompeys will have turned into car parks!

10. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Or we could just fine them. Intentionally not playing well, not showing up to training, I'm sure there are a ton of things we could pin on them. If I remember correctly, the contracts probably mention something about them playing for us until the contract expires or we hold it void. It seems neither want to honor their contract.

Cashley wants to never wear our shirt, and Reyes can't wait to be back in spain, so we should let Reyes eat tapas till Real cough up, and cashley can keep doing whatever it is he does, and neither has to show up in exchange for willingly accepting certain "fines".

11. Naushad78

Naushad78 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Hargreaves would be perfect. At 26 he will have the next 3 years in the prime of his career. I'd say we dump Cole quick(Inter or wherever) and bring in Hargreaves and Davies

12. i404

i404 Member

Apr 19, 2006
    .ca - .de - .hr
    heh that'd be like a dream scenario for most people ;)
    What's the big deal with Hargreaves, I haven't really seen him play much but this seemed rather funny ;)

"Fergie will also have to make Bayern an offer they can't refuse, but then £13million for a player who had a good half against Portugal and a good performance against a dodgy Greece side would tempt us. Seriously, he's good, but he's no Nicky Butt..."

And Davies...unless Lupoli goes to West Brom on loan, and they lower the price dramatically...I don't see it happening.

13. GoonerMan

GoonerMan New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Essex,England
    whoever wrote this clearly doesnt know what they are talking about. he was englands best player throughout the campaigne and has also been an integral part to bayern munich, not exactly a small club, for agt least 2 years. which is why id be surprised to see them let him leave, unless he demands it and they get an offer they cant refuse

14. i404

i404 Member

Apr 19, 2006
    .ca - .de - .hr
    Some fool over at FoxSports...rumors shit...
    He's already demanding a switch, Bayern won't let him, but now they're re-evaluating the issue or some crap like that.
    If he goes, he's going to ManUre. Then again, perhaps it'll be another shock signing by Wenger, who knows :p

15. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I stopped expecting Wenger to sign some high profile guy long back. Wat happened to that Trainilst defender? Are we going to sign him ? i'd be happy if we just sign another defender, somehow prevent Cygan coming on the field.

16. fantasyexctasy

fantasyexctasy New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    OC
    How come Arsenal are being cheap, considering they moved into this new stadium just so they CAN make the high profile signings.

17. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    The stadium will give us a much increased income, but like most things in life it takes time...

18. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    off topic: the no. of posts has exceeded 500 and this thread will close. why does that have to happen ? some written/ un-written rule ?

19. Naushad78

Naushad78 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    LOL! Ironic but as someone said, it will take a while. However, I feel if either Cole or Reyes go, Arsene should make ONE, just ONE big signing like Hargreaves.

What's the latest on the Gallas situation? He said after the friendly that he was adamant on leaving.