Summer Transfer Thread Part VII

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Grateful Gooner, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    this ain't baseball...

And Owen Hargreaves hinted a move might be on the cards.

He ain't going to Chelsea and he surely ain't going to Liverpool, so I think it's probably between us and Manchester United.

I'm really eager to see this side in the Prem. Because we haven't heard anything about the triallist, other than he is training with the side.

Wenger seems quietly confident that he can get the best out of this side from day 1. Who can blame him? We did go to the Champions League Final with a bunch of 20 year olds. This could be even more interesting than last year.

Plus add ROSICKY to the equation. Reyes was invisible in the Prem last year, and Cole didn't even play that often, so the more cash we get for them the better off we will be.

I had a hope for Reyes, but this shi.. will never cease so I say good riddance, as long as Wenger gets 2 good youth players that he rates then I'll be happy.

And I do know the Real B side quite well, and how their youngsters don't get the chances for the senior side, therefore there is some talent there...

2. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This just in... ;)
    My thinking exactly. I'm convinced Arsenal doesn't truly need nor want Baptista; Owen wishes to come 'home' and it'd be a much beter match for both he and Arsenal. It may be wishful thinking but it's something I think that comes closer to giving everyone what they want.

Pending Baptista's and Bayerns thoughts, of course! :D

3. baron00

baron00 New Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Texas
    Hahahaaa............nicceeeeeeeeeeeely out dude!

4. GoonerMan

GoonerMan New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Essex,England
    if we arent interested i will be baffled. hes quality and would be ideal for us, hes better than gilberto in my opinion. only gilberto is a natural DM in our team really and hes about 30 now and if he gets injured we have to change our style of play. im sure we could get hargreaves alot cheaper than a player like mascherano or m.diarra. hes very hard working and seems like hes dying to play in england, id be well pleased if we signed him

5. Jasonisimo

Jasonisimo New Member

Jun 3, 2003
    Boston
    Wouldn't it be just fitting if the one England international in the Arsenal team is Canadian?

I think so.

6. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I dont think Arsenal is interested in Diarra even if they were the price is to high, im not saying that Arsenal doesnt have the money its just that he is overpriced, the player is great though. But 38M for him is kinda to high for anyone. After Barca, Lyon is second in my " hate (strong word) list "

You should use the chance and sign ribery, the guy is a future star!

oh and about

First its not the same, you know that!

Second if Kate Beckinsale was interested in you wouldnt you choose her over your girlfriend (no offense mate)

Believe me i hate what Reyes is doing, he is acting so unproffessional for someone who gets paid to be one. Im questioning his loyalty. He is not my favorite choose either you know. Remember the acting in the first leg of CL in Madrid between Arsenal and RM? Where he was "fouled" outside the field and he came back on the field just to stop the game.

7. Dooglas

Dooglas Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    eboues dive in the CL final was just as bad.

8. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    You talk about two different things and you need to seperate them......

There is a big difference between on-field antics to off-field antics. Off-field, I actually admire what he is doing. He is saying he has always dreamed of playing for Madrid and would like to play for them at some stage. All other comments of "Now" and "I don't want to play for Arsenal" are not quotes but interpretations. If there was a player wh played in the 3rd Division (or whatever they fancy calling it this season) and yet he was a big Arsenal fan, obviously if he got the chance he would take it. Thats all Reyes is actually saying. But with our and the Spanish bullsh1t media, some people actually buy into this hype. He has long said he admires Wenger, in Austria only a couple of weeks ago he was happy to stay at Arsenal. If he goes, he goes - my opinion it will be a shame.

On-field, he goes down sometimes a little too easily, yes I agree. But he does win us important fouls, score us goals and provide lots of assists. And he is the best long ball passer of the ball in our squad - bar no-one.

9. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
    ^^^tell us again rick....geez :rolleyes: ;)
    I'd also add that reyes seems to track back fairly well on defense and for the most part has a great workload. However, I do see a bit of the "Lougainis" gene in him.

10. Realwood

Realwood Member

Feb 11, 2004
    FC Dallas, Tucson
    Rumor from "the source within the club" at Arseblog said that Lyon shopped Diarra to Man U and Arsenal and that we put in a substantial bid that was rejected. Calderon is quickly making enemies and it seems that Lyon would rather ship him elsewhere even though Diarra does want to play for Real.

I have no problems with what Lyon are doing, they have one of the best clubs in Europe and should only sell their top players at the price they determine. Essien didn't even go to practices, walked out on the club and they still got what they wanted. Last time I looked, Diarra was still playing in their starting XI. No walkout, and no player strike.

How that is anything but smart business is beyond me. True they have a glut of CM's right now but Diarra is their best one and he doesn't have to be sold. In fact, if they keep him I think they are one of the favorites to win the CL.

Clubs shouldn't bow down to Real Madrid just because of their history and their AS/Marca tactics. It's nice to see Lyon, AC Milan and so far, Arsenal, take a stand.

It's a shame that Reyes has become engulfed in the situation and has made a complete ass out of himself. I trust that Dein and Wenger will make the right decision and work hard to bring him back into the fold if Real do not make a reasonable offer. Truth is, I think we need Reyes to stay and I hope he does.

11. i404

i404 Member

Apr 19, 2006
    .ca - .de - .hr
    Holy Yaya crap....4,5 millions d'euros, I think he was worth that much...From what I've seen of him, 4.5mil eu is nothing. I really wanted him to come :(

12. Dooglas

Dooglas Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    yaya wouldve been a good buy, but we might as well take part in the african nations cup now right?

13. i404

i404 Member

Apr 19, 2006
    .ca - .de - .hr
    hey, more trophies for the Arsenal ;)

14. ports485

ports485 New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Phoenix, Flagstaff
    As soon as we would have displayed interest, Olympiakos would have more than doubled their asking price. Same with the Anderlecht bargain sale of Kompany to Hamburg and Isaksson going to Man City.

The price of a player is determined more by WHICH clubs are pursuing him than by how many clubs are pursuing him.

Hell, if we hadn't pursued Curtis Davies and driven his price up, Portsmouth or someone like that would have picked him up for 5 or 6 million.

15. Dooglas

Dooglas Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    that wouldve been a great buy for redknapp, im interested to see how portsmouth do this season, they were looking very good at the end of last term.

16. GreencroftGooner

GreencroftGooner New Member

Aug 12, 2006
    DC
    supposedly portsmouth are interested in adding kanu as well.

17. Dooglas

Dooglas Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i thought that deal was done?>

18. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Kanu will be joining Sol at Portsmouth.

http://home.skysports.com/transferarticle.aspx?hlid=410026

I was reading an article the other day about the new owner of Portsmouth, and how his father is linked to the Russian Mafia, drugs and gun running. I can't seem to find the link, but it was interesting. There's plenty of dirty cash floating around Portsmouth right now.

19. Dooglas

Dooglas Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    its always the russians ;). I hope kanu does better there though.

20. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    Not sure if this is the one you were thinking about but Gaydamak and his cronies were given an in-depth feature article in the Observer last Sunday:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/sport/story/0,,1843723,00.html

Pompey should do well this season for the simple reason that nobody would dare cross this guy.

21. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that's the one, thanks for finding the link.

22. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    you'll see... Soon the Russians will run the EPL...

23. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  24. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its pretty easy, when you enter the link it should pop up with the link highlighted, just hit backspace and write whatever you want. Its the second part of the link that's the title, the first half is the url.

25. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I just cant admire that mate. Its so unprofessional and if he doesnt join Madrid he will look like a looser. What i read so far he clearly stated that he wants to join Real Madrid. Its not like the 3rd division thing you said. Arsenal is a great club and being one of their players is a great thing so you cant say things he is saying. The guy is brave but we all know that being brave is stupid sometimes.

Anyway GL to him, either at Arsenal or RM.