Summer Transfer Thread Part VII

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Grateful Gooner, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i404

i404 Member

Apr 19, 2006
    .ca - .de - .hr
    no, not laughing. Tears my friend, tears. And not happy tears. The kind of tears you get when you think about how retarded people have to be to even think about such ghetto deals, and actually putting it in the paper.

2. GoonerMan

GoonerMan New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Essex,England
    madrid are trying to take us for a goat. that offer is rediculous, just tell them to jog on

3. n4100

n4100 Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Unless we were planning on ridding ourselves of Lehman why would we go for either of these players? They're not going to want to sign to sit, or at least I can't imagine they would want to, which is exactly what they'd do as long as Jens is around.

4. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004
  5. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    Tomas Rosicky... If anyone has any doubts here is a video of his best moments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmwCh2ZegFE

And his first Arsenal interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEnpvgrHOV0

I like how humble he is... At first I thought it was because of a lack of english, but then he started talking due to a larger question. I don't think I'll be doubting his effort for us when on the pitch. And that goal versus Arsenal is a piece of art... Anyone who has played the game knows how difficult it is to change a direction of your shot while your body is shifting towards entirely the other way. Amazing skill.

6. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly what Monaco needed, though I think a rightback/CB they could've used more. I like Monaco, hope the guy does well.

7. Naughty by Nature

Naughty by Nature New Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Earth: Europe : ??
    I think they will reach a middel ground of €16-€17mill. for Reyes, still alot less then the €20+ you guys gave for him.
    - Considering the fact that Reyes is not a priority, we wont be going all out, unlike the Diarra deal where we are offering €30mill.

8. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Its hard to say that, i'll judge when i see it happen. Robinho, Cassano and Raul are all World Class, thats IMO of course, so he will have to prove alot to Capello but hey its a good thing.

Latest thing i heard is that we (RM) offered 12M euros + Diogo + some youth (damn u Wenger) for Reyes. Except the part + some youth the rest is ok, i gotta find out who those youth players are before i can judge the deal. BTW word is Arsenal has to decide in 48 hours

9. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England

Actually Arsenal have till 2010 to decide;)

10. Naughty by Nature

Naughty by Nature New Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Earth: Europe : ??
    I dont see how you take pride in keeping a player that has no desire to represent your club colours ;)

11. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England

Where did I say I take pride in that ? The only thing I take pride in is the fact that we've tied him into a deal that means we're in as strong a negotiating postion as we could be for a player that has alsways dreamed of playing for Real Madrid...

12. fantasyexctasy

fantasyexctasy New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    OC
  13. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. impalemeplz

impalemeplz Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Sydney
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i think this gives wenger the excuse to go and purchase ribery now.:)

15. Realwood

Realwood Member

Feb 11, 2004
    FC Dallas, Tucson
    Thankfully we'll say no. Terrible deal.

16. Arsenal_pwns_all

Arsenal_pwns_all New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    What I am more suprised is why no one else went for him if he was going at this price. If I were Fergie I would have snapped him up without a though.

About Reyes, I actually think that Madrid's offer is a pretty accurate representation of his present value. Cause let's face it, he hasn't live up to the potential he had two years ago. Still that's a huge loss from what he spent on him, and there's no way Wenger will accept that offer. Which is why I think that Reyes is not going this season.

17. OklahomaGunner

Dec 21, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    He dreams of playing for Madrid, how does that translate in no pride in our jersey?

I dream of taking Kate Beckinsale home, but I'm more than proud to go home to my girlfriend.

18. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    thing about yaya toure is... wenger had him here as a trialist... he prolly just doesnt rate the guy.
    i have no problem with that. diaby is a better player.

19. 0-Point

0-Point Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Quantum flux
    T - minus 3 days.

20. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    whats in 3 days?

the transfer window closes at the month's end.

21. 0-Point

0-Point Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Quantum flux
    Kick-off on saturday...I would've thought most EPL managers would want new signings in before then - I could be wrong.

22. ports485

ports485 New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Phoenix, Flagstaff
    What if "some youth" is Sergio Ramos?

Yes please!

A guy can dream...

23. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Has there ever been a three-way trade involving major clubs and/or major players?

Reyes to Real;
    Baptista to Bayern;
    Hargreaves (sp?) to Arsenal

Anyone? :confused:

24. ibby

ibby New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Manchester

Love that to happen but I think not

25. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore
    Keep dreaming if you're thinking Real is going to give up 8 million Euros and Ramos for Reyes.