Summer Transfer Thread Part VII

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Grateful Gooner, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoonerMan

GoonerMan New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Essex,England
    once he gets settled back down in spain he will be better than robinho, cassano and raul and will prob be a first choice. anyone who watched him in spain will know that. he is, when on top form, class

2. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    GM, u do the deal for 8M + baptista?

3. GoonerMan

GoonerMan New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Essex,England
    im not sure. reyes is never going to be as good here as in spain and i think we need to offload him, plus theres no doubting that baptista is a useful player, but do we really need him? im not too sure to be honest. i think we should go for the cash and spend it in places that really need the investment. but, if we could use baptista then id say 8m+ the beast is a steal, in my opinion

4. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    bet wenger loves that baptista can be used upfront, or cover for gilberto.
    seems to be a perfect fit for us, but alas.. im really happy with our current team..

well, we need another CB... no question.

5. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This is the latest off the wire. Wenger is interested in Chinedu Ogbuke. He plays for a Norweigan club, Lyn Oslo. He is Nigerian. I'm shakin my head in disgust. Is Wenger so incredibly niave and CHEAP???
    Every no name isn't always a diamond in the rough.

6. GoonerMan

GoonerMan New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Essex,England
    i was thinking this today. we all know that wenger rates baptista highly and was gutted to miss out on him last year. a year later and his opinion on him cannot have dropped that much and IMO, we still need to get some cover for the DM position as gilberto is getting on, diaby is still injured and also very inexperienced. so i think that the baptista thing is very realistic to be honest.

i definatly think we need another CB brought in, as i hate to see cygan in the team. CB more important than a new DM but both a priority

7. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

:p

8. ports485

ports485 New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Phoenix, Flagstaff
    I'll save the picking-your-grammar-apart bit for later. If I get the time.

Here we go: Senderos, Toure, Henry, Vieira, Van Persie, Fabregas, Eboue, Djourou, Clichy, Ljungberg, Pires.

AW and staff seem to find an awful lot of gems in many a rough. And they've only overpaid on a sparse few in recent memory (Wiltord is the only one who sticks out).

If AW is looking at this Nigerian kid, it's because he's probably got something special.

9. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    Don't forget Jeffers, but that's about it in my opinion.

10. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
  11. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    imo, the price valuations are retarded~

MARTIN O’NEILL will have money burning a hole in his pocket after Randy Lerner completes his takeover. Here are his top five targets . . .

DIRK KUYT (Feyenoord). Age: 26.
    Position: Striker. Price: £10million

STILIAN PETROV (Celtic). Age: 27.
    Position: Midfielder. Price: £5m.

MAHAMADOU DIARRA (Lyons) Age: 25.
    Position: Midfielder. Price: £8m

WILLIAM GALLAS (Chelsea) Age: 28.
    Position: Defender. Price: £4m.

OBAFEMI MARTINS (Inter) Age: 21.
    Position: Striker. Price: £12m.

12. fitz06

fitz06 New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Manchester, England

kuyt-why come to villa??????

petrov-ok he wants prem football, but why come to villa???????????

diarra-£8million?? your having a laugh!

gallas-£4million???? ye sure? milan or villa? i know which i wud choose.

martins-bigger and better clubs could take his service and why come to villa????????????

13. Realwood

Realwood Member

Feb 11, 2004
    FC Dallas, Tucson
    I could see Kuyt and Petrov going to Villa at that price. But I did have to giggle at Diarra being valued at 8 million pounds. Funny stuff.

14. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    LMAO....that was great. Sorry, but you must admit that Wenger pulls some of these deals out of thin air.

15. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Me and my double negatives...sorry, lol. I'm a historian and I don't look at bigsoccer as a body of scholarly work, just a good time. laugh.

I know Wenger is probably the best manager in the world at tapping into hidden sources of talent. Just wish he would pursue someone we all have actually heard of before. And don't tell me that we have tons of Gooners who rabidly following the Norwegian football league...lol.

P.S. I liked Wiltord. I know he was inconsistent, but the man scored some big goals. I really enjoy seeing him play at OL and still scoring.

16. RobC

RobC New Member

Feb 22, 2006
    Trivandrum, India
    Robert Green to West Ham - 2 million
    Andreas Isaksson to Manchester City - 2 million (almost done)

Why are these 2 players not viable for Arsenal? If they are viable, then why do you suppose a move was not made for them at these prices? Even if the Arsenal factor was present , these prices would probably have gone up to say 3 mill.??

17. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    isn't he charming...

[​IMG]

18. Dooglas

Dooglas Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i dont want to see any big names here to be honest, i like watching these players grow and own all these big stars. ill reiterate that reyes isnt going to leave, its okay for a player to admire another club and want to play there someday, but your delusional if you dont think that once reyes is on the field for us that he wont go above and beyond what hes supposed to.

19. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree ^.

20. GreencroftGooner

GreencroftGooner New Member

Aug 12, 2006
    DC
    Reyes himself just stated that "if an agreement isnt reached it will be bad for arsenal and bad for me." He doesnt even want to return to Arsenal to train and has evidentally spoken to Dein and Wenger and "has everything in place." In his head he is already gone, why is this any different than the issue of taking Cole back?

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1844733,00.html

21. Dooglas

Dooglas Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    if the guardian is reliable (im not sure) then it sounds like Reyes is being class about it, hes right in saying that he will be unhappy and that could affect his play. nothing wrong with that statement, the Cole thing is different to me.

22. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Played for O'Neil at Celtic.

23. Realwood

Realwood Member

Feb 11, 2004
    FC Dallas, Tucson
    This morning's AS states that Real will offer Arsenal 12 million Euros and a player like Diogo. Hilarious. They also say that he isn't a priority.

Reyes is staying unless Real make a decent offer. We might as well get used to it. So should JAR.

24. OklahomaGunner

Dec 21, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Diogo...could someone hit me up with a link?

25. Realwood

Realwood Member

Feb 11, 2004
    FC Dallas, Tucson