Summer Transfer Thread #10: ITT We Sign James (Seriously!) and Ancelotti's Head BBQ

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jul 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    The last thread was inaccurate and had to be re-calibrated.

In this thread we sign James.

I promise.

Umar, CR7PT, temesgen and 2 others repped this.
  2. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So excite about Hames.

3. Xehanort

Xehanort Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Oct 7, 2013
    Mom's basement
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Judging by the player and his sky high potential, James is a great signing and I can't wait to see what he will accomplish in Madrid!

Judging by our system, and how he will fit in our tactic considering all our other players...pffff...I would shoot myself o_O

ahnaf, CR7PT, temesgen and 1 other person repped this.
  4. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I know this is beating a dead horse and I haven't been reading much of RMBS lately, can someone summarize whether JR can play as a center forward or false 9? Jese is probably going to be better than Benzema, but ugh I can't stand the idea of Benzema carrying us through the whole season. :( I hope JR can score 25 goals this season.

5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
  6. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Marca's cover for tomorrow:
    - With James we complete a squad with license to dream
    - Real presents today their new signing in the Bernabéu
    - His arrival and Kroos's complete a colossal squad and entrench the change of style initiated last year

Ronaldo:
    - Supercopa is in danger for Cristiano
    - He won't travel to US 'till saturday and will remain in a specific plan to heal his ailing knee
    [​IMG]

-Reivax-, raven3k, Lyra and 3 others repped this.
  7. Álvaro Morata

Nov 28, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't care who we sign or whatsoever if Casillas really leaves. As always i'm more concern about players leaving then about those who come.

Casillas should be 100% starter for the next couple of years, he is still in a good age for a GK, and for Gods sake ... HE IS IKER, SAN IKER CASILLAS!

Right now Real Madrid means Casillas and Casillas means Real Madrid - he is the living legend of that club, just like Raul was and i hardly handled Raul's departure ... i'm not sure i will overcome eventual Casillas departure ... it will be a huge blow.

If 2 years ago someone told me that we will even discuss Casillas name, and argue if he is the best out there - i would never believe that.

Well for me he is and will always be Real Madrid's number 1 GK, no doubt, best in the world.

I think most of the madridistas and also the madridismo in Spain think like that.

I hope we never loose that true legend, 4 years ago with Raul and Guti was hard enough, please Florentino don't make it even harder with Casillas this time.

S1na repped this.
  8. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The thing is that Casillas is the one who wants to leave, it's not like Florentino can force him to stay. It's gonna suck if/when he leaves but if that is what Casillas wants then that's that.

raven3k and Lyra repped this.
  9. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  10. Xehanort

Xehanort Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Oct 7, 2013
    Mom's basement
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I will always love Casillas, what he did for this club is something we should all feel grateful for.

But in football, it always comes a time where things need to change. Players don't last forever, and Casillas' recent terrible performances (including the CL final) are showing he's declining and fast. I'm not saying he can't deliver some good performances here and there, he's f***ing Casillas, but I feel this is the right time for Real Madrid and Casillas to move on.

If Navas is the man for the role is something I don't know, but he is a good keeper who did a wonderful WC. One thing is for sure though: he will be no Iker...

raven3k and Excape Goat repped this.
  11. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    The comparison to Raul is apt, but not in order to make your point. Raul stayed longer than he should have because we were too caught up in what he had meant to the club in the past and focused on his age, thinking a world class striker without serious injury problems would never peak so early.

Zidane05 repped this.
  12. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I wonder how long James will play at Real Madrid. It makes me wonder if he will become a player who leaves a legacy at the club.

13. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is a good run of how he did at Monaco; at least most of it since the season wasn't over when this was made.

perucho311 and sleepyvato50 repped this.
  14. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    That is what I am anxious to see: a compact, balanced style based on controlling the game further up the pitch. I'll believe it when I see it.

All indications are that Casillas is the one asking to leave. Seems like his head/heart isn't in it at the moment.

raven3k and CR7PT repped this.
  15. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In my mind James rotates with Gareth, Cris and Benz, with Isco rotating with Kroos and Luka in midfield. Jese provides depth for the front three and maybe Sami (or a Casemiro like purchase) for the CMs. Xabi and Illara (hopefully Illara with a bigger role this season) as the anchorman with the back 4 unchanged. If one of the keepers wants to leave then Keylor comes in.

Honestly, I would rather not sign James and get Cavani but James is a great talent who is hard to not be exited about. I really really hope though that Isco, Illara, and Jese get plenty of minutes and are part of our plans, and that Carvajal and Varane are our starters.

raven3k, 9Qui, Zidane05 and 3 others repped this.
  16. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So are you guys really going to rest Ronaldo from the UEFA Super Cup? I don't think he'll have an issue recovering by then....

17. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009

Are you trolling or what?

18. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I just started reading some BS rumors but I wanted to ask the real fans on the issue of his injury; is it that bad?

19. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    We don't yet know the extent of the injury, what is required for treating it, and what the long term impacts are. During the WC, I read a couple of posts saying that he'd need to rest his knee 2-3 months. Who knows? I guess we'll find out when he/the club want us to.

20. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Good thing you're signing james then; it'll lift off some of the weight~

S1na repped this.
  21. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Wow, that was a quick reply. You been living on this board since yesterday! Lol :)

TeSo, surgeon, Lyra and 2 others repped this.
  22. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    I think you misunderstood. I meant that to your " I don't think he'll have an issue recovering by then...."

As in hardly anyone here expects Ronaldo to recover by then.

I think it will be a miracle if he plays a single minute before September.

23. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Horse placenta it is then.

Eddie, Lyra, Zidane05 and 2 others repped this.
  24. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No I am just reading over other threads and I respond when given the chance~ :whistling:

25. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    haha

I am holding out hope since we have the money for crazy stuff like that, but we will see.

I honestly hope he just rests as long as he needs and more.

Lyra, Deep Pal, RMSocrates and 1 other person repped this.