Summer transfer targets

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by LCHFC, Jun 3, 2011.

1. MintyDude

MintyDude Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Seattle/Bellingham
    My point is, they call themselves RUMORS... Whether or not you or anyone else buys too much into a rumor isn't their fault.

Anyhow, after today's game maybe we don't need any freakin' help! Our bench plays great!! But on a serious note, we won't sweep the playoffs with Levesque up front and Neagle on the wing or Carrasco in the center... however I have high hopes for the USOC again.

2. EAB206BLUES

EAB206BLUES Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe the Sounders can look into the services of a player or two from the newly relegated River Plate jajaja I wish we could get Funes Mori or some young player from there but there will be plenty of el millo players looking for new clubs. Just saying.

3. kumazou

kumazou Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Dallas might still own Funes Mori's rights in MLS.

4. PhillyMLS

PhillyMLS Member+

Oct 24, 2000
    SE PA
    Nope.

5. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  6. KnucklesBuchanan

Jul 12, 2007
    Section 149
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Neill makes no sense at all. Say what you will about the pickups that Hanauer and company have made, at least they always address positions of need.

7. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    But RB is a position of need. Seattle has never had quality depth at RB. Neill can play RB but he isn't the answer for that position.

8. FloridaFC2MLS

FloridaFC2MLS Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    why would Seattle sign a defender as a DP where we have bigger needs up up. Yes as far as i know alvaro is still a DP.

I doubt seattle would use a DP on neill. I don't think they are so interesting in aging players for DPs. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets similar to what Rosales got.

10. soundersriot

soundersriot BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Definitely don't think it would be a DP signing. Do think it means that Ianni or Scott will be traded though. For either allocation $, or a move to the top of the allocation order. Or both.

11. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And a 33-year old that is only a year or two away from retirement.. Neill should head to A-League. A-League needs a ton of help right now and having the Socceroo captain playing in the A-League would be huge for them. Australian's are crazy for the Socceroos and he'd probably get a mini-Beckham-esque bump in attendance wherever he went.

12. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Definitely raises that possibility.

13. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scott, maybe, but perhaps even Riley. But not Ianni. Neill's a RB and it would be a waste to have Scott, Neill, and Riley on the team, so if Neill is coming here, I'd be looking at Scott or Riley as deadmen walking.

14. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    i vote scott in that case. Neill is a CB/RB. We know awful Scott was at CB against NY. If riley gets the boot we would still have questions at RB in depth.

15. soundersriot

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Yeah, I'm thinking it's Scott. And I'd say there's no way in hell Riley goes.

16. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    If scott gets the boot and we sign Neill to a similar contract that scott had. We would upgrade one spot and still leave us room for a couple more signings.

17. FloridaFC2MLS

FloridaFC2MLS Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why are you asking me that? ;) Thats the question I have...
    Its hard to believe Neill would want to make under 400k though. However, I read the A-League has a Salary Cap as well which is far below MLS'. This is good news because it is possible it is under DP price.

I see a centre-back being traded tbh. Neill probably wont start at RB, he will just provide cover for RB when Riley is out. Ianni is probably the man out, and Parke would probably be demoted to #1 sub as a defender. OR Parke could be traded and Ianni would remain the back up.

18. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    There is no way Seattle would agree to a contract that prevents them from bringing in help at top.

19. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe the A-League's salary cap is at $2.5 million for the upcoming season. However, they do have an "Australian Marquee Player", which is equivalent to MLS's designated player, just the full salary is exempt from the salary cap. Currently only 4 of the 10 teams have an AMP, so there is certainly room for him if a team wants to go for the added expense. Of course, in A-League the teams that can afford the added expense are few and far between.

He'd have to be a stellar CB to replace Parke, IMHO....

20. soundersriot

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    FWIW his wiki page now lists his club as Sounders FC. But then so does Prince Tagoe's...

21. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you saying that Seattle fans are quick to pull the trigger on Wikipedia? Heh. I'd imagine if you check the wikipages for all the players that have been linked to the Sounders you'll find that their pages were updated to say they were with the Sounders.

22. thetank123

thetank123 Member

Dec 28, 2009

So not worth much ;-)

23. soundersriot

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Well I did say FWIW ;) which isn't much

24. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I'm wondering if he is using Seattle as a way to get more money from the A-league.

25. ProdigalReality

ProdigalReality New Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    And the next rumors begin. Javi Guerri. Being sought by both the Sounders and Fire.