Summer transfer targets

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by LCHFC, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We still have Ford, or is he injured again? If not, I'd expect Meredith to be brought in.

2. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    You want Ford to be starting CCL games like wise with Meredith? I don't think that's a good idea to starting rookies in important games like the CCL.

3. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No.. What I'm saying is that it sucks to be Keller. Boss going down pretty much means Keller is going to have to play at least the next two CCL matches. Anyone the Sounders bring in at this point in the season is not going to be an improvement over Boss, particularly if that GK is a pool GK, or the Sounders will have issues fitting him under the cap, unless Hahnemann gives them a massive hometown discount.

Ochoa was not a cheap allocation and most likely ate up a big chunk of the cap space the Sounders had when they let Nkufo go. Sounders could try getting a player on loan, but it would have to be out of USL Pro or PDL and I suspect you'd be hard pressed to trust those guys as anything more than a bench player, vs them jumping right into CCL matches as the starter.

4. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Or out of the MLS keeper pool

5. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See my comment about any pool GK not being better than Boss. Hell, I doubt they are better than Ford or Meredith. These are guys that aren't even good enough to make a team as their third string GK.

6. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two former MLS players in camp as trialists:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/soundersfcblog/2016149749_bratislav_ristic_formerly_of_c.html

Former Chicago Fire Midfielder/Defender Bratislav Ristic and former Vancouver Defender Wes Knight. Wes Knight is a right back and, apparently, a fan favorite up in Vancouver. He would provide some much needed backup for Riley now that the Levesque at RB experiment is over and Scott is playing more of a CB role in games where we don't play Dallas.

7. Vander Decken IX

Feb 13, 2011
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    So is LG12.

I thought Sigi is just looking for options in the CB. If you look at it, other than JK34 and JP31 (and maybe PI4), we really don't have much depth in CB. Our backup RB's & LB's are good enough defensively to take the role of a CB.

8. SAFC Yank

SAFC Yank Member

May 15, 2007
    Bellingham, WA
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    I hope Wes can stick for your lot, he's an absolute quality guy. He did struggle at times, but completely locked down Agudelo in the final game before the coaching change, then got buried by Soehn and played only twice after that, one of those in a game where few regulars played in an effort to prep for the Canadian championship. He's got very good pace, decent positional sense, and is pretty good in the air for a guy his size. He'd be a solid backup, and with the all the CONCACAF matches, that would be useful.