Summer Transfer Reaction

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DSC05, Aug 31, 2007.

1. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    The system is broken

but the golden rule applies

the man with the gold makes the rules-

-this won't change because Heerenveen or Feyenoord don't like it--

I've said it before and I'll say it again-

-1-without some sort of salary cap the rich will just keep getting richer
    and
    2- agents have far too much power

From a North American perspective, the system-transfer time--agents power amount to a colossal injustice to all teams except perhaps--Chelsea--Man U--Real M. -Barca Liverpool-arsenal--InterMilan--Juventus--you get the picture

2. silver bullet

silver bullet Member

May 11, 2004
    You know things are bad when the entire dutch press reports that Alves has shown up for a Heerenveen training. Shocking news.

3. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Alves is very lucky that your typical Heerenveen fan is a law-abiding speedskating family man. Imagine how fans of other clubs (including my own) would have reacted to his 'fans led by nazi convictions' statement.

4. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I just read the whole article. Man, the 'jounalist' who wrote that would've done fine with the Pravda of old....

5. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat Member

May 6, 2005
    Amsterdam|Alphen a/d Rijn
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I was seriously pissed off when I read that, and I'm not even a Heerenveen supporter. I mean, slagging off the board because you're not happy with a situation is one thing, but throwing in slavery and nazi stuff is so incredibly wrong, it's beyond stupidity. The journalist who wrote that has to have some loose wires.

6. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'd like to see Heerenveen sue that writer for slander. Like you said: criticising the board is one thing, but this is totally uncalled for.

7. mdewals

mdewals New Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Delden

The FIFA should still protect teams against players who refuse to play for them in the hope to get the transfer.

Otherwise, we'll see players striking all the time in the future.....well not all the time but during the transfer periods.