Summer Transfer Reaction

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DSC05, Aug 31, 2007.

1. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    The old thread was way too big, so with the transfer window closed (or close to being closed, please do all discussion about the transfers here.

The old thread can be found here.

2. CoAdriaanse

CoAdriaanse New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    On A Moving Platform
    i;m very pleased with all the transfers. especially for sparta...dissels and slot...amazing :rolleyes: we have to go for the 13th spot this year.

3. Eric_the_Orange

Sep 3, 2005
    I don't want to be stoned for liking one of the big, evil, talent-stealing clubs, but I have to say I'll be rooting for Real Madrid now that they're so Dutch heavy. I'd have rooted for them anyway because of Robben (when he was in the lineup) and Ruud, but now Sneijder and Drenthe are on board, too, so I feel like I have no choice.

4. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    It's pretty clear that the Ajax board have killed off the season before it even started by selling Babel and particularly Sneijder.

Groningen it seems has unexpectedly found a good replacement for Suarez in that Berg fella.

Twente have lost a bit of individual quality but not that much; our biggest asset remains Fredje Rutten who already has the new boys improving considerably.

Willem II I feel sorry for, losing their two best players on the last day of the transfer season. They'll struggle.

Feyenoord have bought their way out of trouble.

Worst off are Heerenveen. They were completely right to hold on to Alves but are screwed anyway as Alves is now refusing to show up for training even. In any other work situation that would be a sacking offence but in football sacking someone would mean destroying your capital.

5. Japperant

Japperant New Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Groningen, Holland
    Indeed. I'd say Heerenveen and Willem II are worst off this season.

I'd say PSV did a pretty good job with the transfers bringing in Lazovic, Perez, Koevermans and Zonneveld. Zonneveld will prove to be the best left back in the Eredivisie I think.

Also, Im really pleased with the performance of VVV and de Graafschap. I dont think they will relegate immediately, just because imo Excelsior and Willem II are too bad this season.

Large mid section of the table. Clubs like Sparta and NAC will once again be safe pretty soon but wont play a part in the battle for ninth spot although I do think they've brought in some pretty decent players with Feher, Gillisen, Amoah and Molhoek (NAC) and especially Slot (Sparta).

6. Eric_the_Orange

Sep 3, 2005
    I'd heard that Jefferson Farfán was likely leaving PSV, but since I haven't heard anything, I'm assuming he's still there.

Which large club do you think will snatch him away if it happens? And has he already been linked to someone?

Farfán's a great player, and it'd be nice if he'd stay in the Netherlands for his entire career, but I don't think you can put up the numbers he's put up and not get some ridiculous offer from a major club.

7. Japperant

Japperant New Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Groningen, Holland
    Indeed Farfan is a very good player and I think he will once move to a bigger club as well. However, I didnt read about any rumours about him leaving this summer, which is pretty weird in my opinion. However, Jefferson really wants to stay at PSV until a real top european club wants him. Nice attitude imo.

8. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He was linked to clubs in La Liga and the EPL, but nothing concrete. I would think if he performs well yet again this term he will move next season.

9. A-J-A-X

A-J-A-X New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    South London, UK
    I'm willing to bet that that crook Arnesen has been keeping tabs on him. Wonder whether Mourinho would pair him with his countryman Pizarro...

10. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Did anyone watch the footballer of the year show last night?

Now how cringe-worthy was that, esp Alves not showing up and Riemert van de Velde's speech.

11. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Saw the last bit after football practice. Can't believe 'ome' Riemer was actually defending Alves.

I think it's disgraceful not to show up when your peers want to honour you. He said on his website that Heerenveen doesn't respect him, while it's HE who disrespects Heerenveen and the Eredivisie. They made him what he is now, he got his first call-up for Brazil as a Heerenveen player, and all they want in return is one more year out of him, and then he'll get his dream transfer anyway.

12. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat Member

May 6, 2005
    Amsterdam|Alphen a/d Rijn
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You're right, last night wasn't only the club Heerenveen who honoured him, it was the the whole country. It's an effing disgrace to not show up for something that's being done to honour you. I bet this is being frowned upon by many top club managers as well. Good way to sell yourself, Alves. So sad, so sad.

13. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Players are getting far too much power for my liking.

Heerenveen are probably trying not to be too hard on him, they still want him to play a couple of games for them obviously. As for Alves, my 18 month old son acts more mature.

Do you think he was referring to the AZ chairman when Riemert was having a go?

14. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    According to Jack van Gelder, vd Velde said it was Dirk S. when he was asked on stage who that comment was meant for.
    He later denied saying that, but it's no secret that Riemer hates Dirkie's guts.

And yes, players are getting way too powerful. Someone should tell them and their greedy agents that one should sign for 2 or 3 years if you plan to move on after 1 or 1,5 season.

15. silver bullet

silver bullet Member

May 11, 2004
    Apparently Ajax offered PSV 3.5m Euros for Aissati. :D

They were serious. :eek:

16. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I know, I posted that earlier today on the Ajax board. What were they thinking?!

17. silver bullet

silver bullet Member

May 11, 2004
    I know they were interested in Aissati (and Afellay), but didn't think they'd come with such a ridiculous offer. I'm really wondering whether Van Geel is at all qualified for his job.

18. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    The rumour that they're saving up so that Adriaanse has money to spend next year seems plausible almost!

19. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The funny thing is: Ajax management wants to discourage the whole 'jew' image thing the fans love so much.....
    By acting like a 'kniepstuver' when making offers for other players, they're not exactly sending the right message :D

20. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You know something. Normally I would be gloating over this, Heerenveen being our rivals and all, but this time I really feel sorry for them. It's even worse than the Suarez saga (although we'll never know what he would've done had we actually kept him to his contract)

21. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Put the little fecker in a three month speedskating training camp I say, that'll teach him. The nerve of it!

22. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I'm so ticked off by it, I'm going to start a new World Rivalries discussion on the subject.

23. mdewals

mdewals New Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Delden
    God!! people like Alves, Drenthe and van der Vaart are destroying the world of football!!

Its about time the FIFA comes up with rules to stop this.

In Drenthe's case. He signed a new long term deal 6 months prior. He shouldnt have been bitching about getting a move.

Alves!! what a twat!!
    In his case the FIFA should step up and tell him to shut it right now, play for Heerenveen. If he doesnt want to he can go home to Brasil and wait until the end of his current contract before he can play for any other team again.

Imagine normal employee's to adapt these tactics.

24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The FIFA regulations are very clear on this. See: http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/status_transfer_en_25.pdf Article 13.

Hamburg enforced VdV's contract despite his request for a transfer. Ajax tried to make the prices of Babel and Sneijder unattractive to other teams but at a high enough level that they would be rewarded (I don't pass judgement on how Ajax has or will spend this money, others have commented on that already). I don't know what Feyenoord's thinking was with Drenthe other than the price was right.

The club is always in a difficult position if the player really wants to leave and they try to enforce the contract. Will the player give less than his all.

The other interesting FIFA regulation that I didn't know about was Article 15. If a player appears in less than 10% of the club's matches he can request a release from the contract. This may happen with Riquelme at Villareal this year.