Summer transfer market

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by krazbo, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    I think its time to start this thread. At first it looked that it wont be needed but now some reports suggests that there might be some real activity. However, I start this thread now so that there wont be hundrets of threads for every news or report.

2. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Some facts:

Players that are out of contract this summer:

Larsson (out of contract and wont renew it)
    Gabri (most probably will leave)
    Marquez (I didnt know that, but he is out of contract this summer: http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20060209/NOTICIA212125009.html)

Rumors, players in:

Anton Ferdinand (West Ham)
    Thierry Henry (Arsenal)

3. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Perhaps this story about Marquez need some more words to add:
    http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20060209/NOTICIA212125009.html

As I understand EMD said that Marquez is out of contract this summer and that he still hasnt renew it. Milan is very interesting to sign him as replacement for Stam and Maldini. And as EMD said Barca is willing to let him go in order to free non-EU place in the team. As a replacement we would sign Ferdinand...

I dont like the idea to let go Marquez. He is a good defender and can play in several positions. We should resign him becouse he is only 26 and has atleast 8 years in football. He is in his best years now and we shouldnt let him go.

4. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    We will definately have to resign Rafa as he still has a lot to offer, i didn`t even know that he was out of contract in the summer.

The players our management is looking at Anton and Felipe are both good choices, they are young and starters for West ham and Udinese respectively besides they are future internationals. I like it that we are going after rising young future stars, good investiment.

I don`t know if Henry will come, he might resign with Arsenal but let us wait and see.
    One player we should really get in the summer is Sevilla`s brazilian right full back Daniel ALves, he has all qualities of a future star, has pace, great technique, good when joining the attack, one of the best crossers of the ball in the primera, only 21-23yrs and a solid tackler, a difinate capture.

5. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Letting Marquez go would mean we have to sign 2 defenders. When we have a hard enough time signing one.

6. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it would be pretty stupid to let Marquez go on a free. I don't want him to leave at all, but letting him go to Milan on a free would be ridiculous. He's a very good player, and can play in both midfield and defense.

I wonder how long it will take for him to get citizenship? I know he started the process before the season, and being Mexican certainly helps. I imagine he would get it before Ronaldinho, as they've both been in the country for the same length of time.

7. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sky Sports says Marquez's contract runs till 2007. But he wants a new deal as well. So I say we give it to him.

8. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bring me Daniel and Milito and I'll be a happy man...

Or Gallas would be perfectly acceptable as well. Or Mascherano.

9. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Bring me ANY goalie....ANYONE

10. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Bonano, Hesp... ;)

11. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody know how tall Ustari is? He always looks amazing, but also possibly too short.

I think VV has a thing for Vs...Villa...Valencia...

12. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's not get crazy...

13. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Valdes fvcks up every now and then, I won't argue that. I still think he has not done enough to call for a new goalie to be brough in to challenge him.

14. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Don't you still technically own Recber Rustu's contract?

15. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think so. Also, I don't even think he is starting in Turkey. As I said earlier, if I thought a goalie did have to be brought it, I would select the Swedish keeper, or the young Russian (idk his name). Actually, Gomes would be awesome and probably not too much money.

16. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    ok valdes made a mistake...but how many times has he saved our hides?

17. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thats my point really. these mistakes are remembered much more easily than the saves. he does his part well, but i would much rather him let in a soft goal every now and then than do this type of crap. i still think he is quality, especially for his age.

18. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Isaksson being the Swede and Akinfeev the Russian?

(Akinfeev? Have you been playing FM06? ;))

19. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly...if he was maybe not quite the shot-stopper, we could play better defense...but when he scores goals on us, there's really no stopping him.

Keepers make mistakes, but those two mistakes were just so godawful. It's not like flapping at a cross, because if you do that, maybe a defender can still bail you out. When you slam a ball off of another player into your own goal, or pass the ball to the hottest striker in the world for an easy one...it is more than just "oh he didn't play well."

20. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    I sincerely hope some of you guys are joking when talking about a replacement for VV. I know we're all still fuming about the blunder, but , let's not get crazy. Really, let's not.

21. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I completely agree......although it is real clear a suitable replacement is needed. This will either provide good competition to keep Victor on his best game or because Jorque is absolute garbage.

Valdes is a great keeper, still second to Casillas in Spain but he is ever improving. His biggest flaws are his placement on aerial ball, whether crosses or corners, he is caught out of place often. But with that said, I don't think a keeper has ever diverted/saved more one v ones than he has this season. The silly mistakes occur, even Iker used to do and Canizares still does, and once he filters them out he can be considered great.

22. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Plus, if what resembled attackers on the other end of the field yesterday actually created and converted scoring chances we'd be laughing Valdes' blunder off. Attackers' f-ups are easily overlooked/shrugged off.

23. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've said what I needed to say about Valdes, he owes us 5 points. Whether you can find a match or 2 where Valdes saves (this season) prevent us dropping points or even losing then I'll call it even.

24. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    You can't look at it that way, DFR. It's a team game. Does Eto'o or Giuly owe the club points becuase they didn't bury a sitter or two early in the season in games we didn't win? He's one of the best goalkeepers in Spain, and he'll only get better considering his age. Plus, what's Rijkaard to do? Bench him?

25. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    Viva Valdes!