Summer, summer, summertime... the Transfer Rumor Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Mar 11, 2021.

1. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Or like SAF's last year at Yanited when he won the league with a completely isht side.

Orange14 repped this.
  2. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    I see it very differently. How should Allegri be judged when the squad is materially weaker than the one that finished 4th last year?

-Chiellini and Bonnuci are a year older.
    -Sandro, Pellegrini, and MDS are the left backs.
    -Szczesny has been very unreliable for a year now.
    -The only quality CM currently is Locatelli, a very good player who has yet to prove himself at a top club. Ramsey and Arthur can't be relied on. Bentancur, Rabiot, and McKennie are average players.
    -The attack lacks a proven goal scorer unless Dybala can return to his pre-2017 form. This area at least has the potential to be good enough IF the players elevate themselves.

If Allegri can get this team to finish in the top four and restart next summer, then the season will have been a success. Anything else is a bonus.

dean smith repped this.
  3. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    4-2-3-1/ 3-4-3

------------------Morata
    ------Chiesa---Dybala--Cuadrado
    ---------Rabiot/Arthur---Loca----
    Sandro--Chiellini--Bonucci--Danilo

usnroach repped this.
  4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So, I just read Ronny will have earned 31 million EURO guaranteed with Juventus and is making 23 mil w / Man U….

I know he probably doesn’t need or care about money too much but losing 8 million a year at 37 years of age when you career is about to end seems like a lot.

Maybe he will make it up on endorsements?

5. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Ronaldo wanted out, the money wasn't whats important.

Allegri is supposedly furious at the club directors because of the transfer market, he expected something different and didn't get what they agreed on before coming back.

Newsflash dude, the club ain't doing so hot financially and you can't really get everything you want. At least we got one midfielder, even though he wanted a regista as well.

6. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I don't see how what you posted is different from my post. I said in one sentence what it took you half a page to outline, but we are in agreement.

IF Max can get this group to perform it will have been an excellent coaching job. And if he is as good as most think he is, then getting out of the CL group and into top 4 is what he must be doing.

if we tank, then I do believe his reputation takes a hit, fair or not.

Clearly the front office has proved to be a disaster since Bepe left. The group this summer did nothing to put that opinion to rest.

Even Max believes he was sold a bill of goods. not a good way to start a 4 year contract:

https://football-italia.net/allegri-furious-with-juventus-after-incomplete-transfer-market/

7. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    I'm pretty much on board with this. My expectations are pretty low short term although as you say top 4 and R16 in CL are the objectives.

Now should Dybala be injured for months as he has been every year since 2017, Morata continue his streak of being insanely inconsistent, and Chiellini not able to play often, then I do struggle to see how this team is better than Roma, Lazio, Napoli never mind Inter or Atalanta perhaps even Milan.

If a few things go wrong within the squad in terms of injury and form, then the talent just isn't there to finishing in the top 4. On the other hand, should most of these elements go right, they could absolutely challenge for the league.

Can't remember a year that feels so unpredictable. Finishing 1st or 7th wouldn't surprise me at all.

juveeer repped this.
  8. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  9. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    I think you will see more goals shared out amongst the team. Let’s not forget also a lot of his goals were from the penalty spot. It won’t just be about looking for ronaldo now. There will be more variation in our approach to goal

usnroach repped this.
  10. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    It would require that 2 or 3 of Dybala, Morata, Chiesa, Kulusevski, score much more than last year. Some would need to likely have career years. Possible? Yes. Likely? I'm not sure.

12. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Crazy to imagine where Juve would be if Dybala agreed to move to United with Lukaku coming to partner Ronaldo. Now both are fighting to be the top scorer in the EPL after doing so in Serie A.

juveeer repped this.
  13. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering that Dybala and Kulu scored a combined 8 goals last year, that shouldn't be a problem. Adding in Kean, that should be anywhere between 35-50 (at the very top end) goals. Dybala scored 22 in 17/18, Kulu scored 10 at Parma in 19/20. Kean could be the wildcard.

Just off of career best goal scoring league campaign
    Dybala - 22g/5a
    Kulu - 10g/9a
    Morata - 15/5a
    Kean - 13g/0a
    Chiesa - 10/9a

That is 70 goals just with them. We scored 76g last season. We are more than capable of making up the goals lost from CR7.

14. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    They are IF all players can reach roughly their top totals without getting injured.

Could easily look something like this.

Dybala - 11g/3a (injury)
    Kulu - 5g/5a
    Morata - 15/5a
    Kean - 7g/0a
    Chiesa - 10/9a

Total of 48.

It basically comes down to whether these attackers perform up to their highest historic levels without getting injured. Definitely possible, yet tricky. None are proven goal scorers over the last few seasons.

Could also look like this in our dreams!

Dybala - 25 goals 15 assists
    Kulu - 15g/10a
    Morata - 25g/5a
    Kean - 15g/3a
    Chiesa - 20g/15a

100 total.

15. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough, I think the most we scored was possibly the year before we signed Ronaldo. We scored 86, that is about the number that I would shoot for and expect closer to what we scored last year.

16. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we would have found out that Ronaldo was leaving I think the squad might have gone for Lukaku. So far he is having a fantastic season!

17. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Or Dona.

We could use him.

18. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both indeed. Because of Ronaldo he screwed us from having a solid summer transfer.

juveeer repped this.
  19. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Juve supposedly interested in Rudiger from Chelsea. He's in his last year of contract, but he's asking for £200,000 a week so I don't see it happening.

20. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Looks like we are going back to a Bepe + transfer strategery with an emphasis on young players to be developed.

https://football-italia.net/cherubini-juventus-regret-not-signing-haaland-not-donnarumma/

"....
    Juventus director Federico Cherubini reveals why Erling Haaland snubbed a move to Turin in 2017 and admits the Bianconeri don’t regret not signing Gigio Donnarumma.

Cherubini replaced Fabio Paratici as the head of the sporting area at Juventus last summer.

And it was a hectic summer for the 50-year-old who sold Cristiano Ronaldo to Manchester United, bringing Moise Kean back to the club.

Cherubini revealed the truth behind Ronaldo’s return to Old Trafford in an interview with Tuttosport, where he also discussed Juventus plans for the future and the club’s targets this season.

“We want a competitive team with a different project with young players that will change the team,” he said.

“If, in the past, there were players with a solid background, now there are different players with a great potential that the coach will have to develop.

“We remain very competitive and we still want to win, but using a different approach.

“However, we also have many champions such as Chiellini, Bonucci, Danilo, Dybala, Morata, Cuadrado and De Ligt and even our young players are already part of their national teams. Our target remains to win,” he continued.

“We already know the budget for the future and how much money we can spend on new signings.

“I am sure we will be able to get other opportunities, signing young prospects, possibly Italians, even if we need to pay attention when making predictions.

“We have to understand which kind of market we’ll face when the pandemic will be over.”

Talking about young and interesting prospects, there was one player Juventus tried to sign in 2017: Erling Haaland.

The Norway international was playing for Molde at that time and snubbed a move to Turin. Do Juventus regret not signing him?

“We do, it would be stupid to say something different. However, things must be put into context.

“Young players can be scared about going out on loan, we were at the beginning of our U23 project and perhaps the perspective we offered him wasn’t too exciting.

“Maybe the idea of going out on loan wasn’t ideal for a player like him. Maybe today, things would be different.”

Gigio Donnarumma is another young yet experienced player who could have joined Juventus last summer. Why didn’t Juventus sign him?

“Because Juventus have an reliable goalkeeper with a long contract [Wojciech Szczesny],” Cherubini said.

“We believe in him and we think he is the ideal solution. For the policy we have, it would make no sense to do what PSG are doing. It wouldn’t be good to have two important goalkeepers in the same team.”

After Ronaldo’s sale, Paulo Dybala has become Juventus’ key player, but the contract of the Argentinean star expires in the summer.

Juventus have had several meetings with his agent Jorge Antun but haven’t reached an agreement yet.

“Even if there’s a tendency to leave the club at the end of the contract, I remain am calm, as it happened with Locatelli, it doesn’t matter if we need one extra meeting to reach an agreement,” the 50-year-old admitted

“Both parties want to reach a satisfying agreement, so we are not forced to close the deal after the second meeting.”

21. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Raiola already talking about De Ligt leaving. Losing De Ligt would be a huge blow.

22. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    But of course.

Mino on; y loans players to clubs.

He makes his money when they are transferred.

usnroach repped this.
  23. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Allegri has supposedly asked for Juve to try to get 2 midfield reinforcements in January (good luck with that, no one good will be available then). For that Juve are willing to sell or trade Ramsey and McKennie.

24. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    I’ve heard rumours that Renato Sanchez is an option. That would be a great signing for me. He has the Juve dna. Strong, hard working and a never give up attitude