Summer Priority

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Duck Manson, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    which of these areas would you like Moggi to take care of this summer?

you may vote for more then one option. but dont be stupid and vote for all because then the poll is meaningless. vote for the two or three you think is important guys and gals ;)

2. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    finding a partner for emerson should probably be moggi's number one priority but finding depth on the wings like mancini is almost as important rite now for juventus since nedved signed an extention and del piero is on contract untill 2008

3. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'd like to see both Mozart and Cassano brought on board. They are both young and can serve the Old Lady well into the next decade. AS Roma's Mancini is another exciting prospect.

4. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    looks pretty much like everyone wants a world class partner for Emerson in midfield rather then signing cassano. nice to see people voting for need instead of something that would basically just be a luxery signing. we dont really need cassano, yet. thanks to everyone for not ruining the vote. except for that idiot mritalian1210.

5. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    I personall think Nedved needs a replacement we all remember what happened last year when Neddy got injured i think he is a priority because we have maresca to partner emerson next year

6. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have to say that i think a priority has to RB!

That said the notion of LUXURY tag attached to Antonio Cassano & Alberto Gilardino is not warranted.

Take a look at every one of the biggest clubs in World football......

A.C.Milan - Kaka, (trying desperately for) Gilardino
    Barcelona - Eto'o, Ronaldinho
    Chelsea - Robben, (vying for) Gilardino, Adriano, etc....
    Manchester United - C.Ronaldo, Rooney
    Arsenal - Hleb, Reyes, Van Persie
    Bayern Munich - Schweinsteiger, (vying for) Podolski

All these clubs realise that the biggest part of football is blooding a young attacking superstars to have as the attacking core to make your team the best. If the youth academy cannot prodcue the goods you have to go out and look for them!!!

Look at some of the most succesful teams in Europe over the last decade: -
    Manchester United - Beckham, Scholes, Giggs (all at club frome very young)
    Real Madrid - Raul, Morientes

I just think the likes of Gilardino and Cassano are not on the market everyday, we may be stocked at forward line but i'd gladly part with Trezeguet, Zalayeta, Miccoli, Mutu (three of them noit four) to get one the next generation of Italy superstar attackign players.

As far as Nedved successor i have already seen Aliaksandr Helb the guy i saw as the perfect successor join Arsenal who have put together a team of young guns on the cheap to chalenge for years to come (and i am not an Arsenal supporter).

Juventus have Zlatan who i like but not love. He isn't a player i wuld have leading the team but i want him on it!!!
    I have maintained for ages Enzo Maresca is my next JUVE captain (thinking recently Gianluca Zambrotta before him though)

That said transfers are not made in Football for a quick fix to make a run at a title one year like in American sports. The long term future as well as ST future need to be given a look into....

7. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    and what does kaka have to do with cassano? i dont get it. milan having kaka is totally irrelevant to what needs Juventus has. we dont need cassano. teams dont always buy for need. sometimes teams buy because an opportunity present itself and they dont want to miss out. that would be our reason for getting cassano.

8. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    When AC bought Ricardo Kaka they alreayd had one Manuel Rui Costa acting as playmaker.

That said they saw a great opportunity to sign a LT star and we all know how thats turned out! While it may not be a MUST as i am trying to say it is not a LUXURY.

Just think about it, had AC not signed Kaka and hypothetically he went to Inter, do you think things would have been different.
    Players of Kaka, Cassano, Gilardino, etc do not come along everyday, so while many might say that we NEED to strengthen midfield and freshen up defence with infusion of youth i say here and now the opportunity presents itself to sign one (perfect scenario, two) of ITALY and world football's most sensational and yet young stars!

It's my opinion, i would just like it considered but i do understand where you're coming from.

Kind of reminds of the situation after WC2002.
    Two of the world's finest and ITALIAN CB were on market and one signed for AC (Alessandro Nesta) and one for Inter (Fabio Cannavaro) we settled with keeping Paolo Montero.
    Luckily we still ended up with Fabio Cannavaro at a miniscule price (Fabian Carini, never gonna play ahead of Buffon so he was always just a more than adequate sub)

9. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    we were signing nesta. milan just stepped in and snatched him before our noses. he was two seconds from signing with us. its always been easier for milan or inter to get the big players. thats been the case for 20 years now.

anyway, we dont need cassano. if you buy someone you dont need just because hes on the market, then its a luxery signing in my opinion. if Moggi were to sell Trezeguet, then obviously things change. then we will probably sign gilardino instead.

10. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not being a Juve fan, I hope you all stick with your current
    forward line . . . because it's weak.

Don't any of you remember how miserable your strikers looked
    in the Champions League?

11. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    and how did roma do in the champions league?

12. Sempre

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm not trolling, bro . . . I am seriously saying that
    the above posts (all of which state your strike-force
    is ho hum) are out of sync with reality.

If the club wants to win the CL next season, which
    I've heard is its main aim, don't you think you might
    need to do better? Ibra scored 0 goals in last season's
    CL; ADP scored what, 1? Compare those numbers to
    those of the likes of Makaay/ Adriano/ Sheva.

And thanks for the neg rep., Berga. Someone's a
    wee bit touchy this morning. Forget to eat your
    Wheaties?

13. The Bergamister

The Bergamister New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Bergamo and Brussels
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yep we were all out so I had to eat lucky charms...

Del Piero scored 3 and so did Trez. And both were not really playing a lot this year right. And yes we had difficulty scoring against Liverpool but up untill Liverpool we did a good job seeing the injuries we had. We just play more as a collective.

And I do not know if you noticed but in Serie A this season we scored 67 goals, that is 4 more then wonderfull milan with Sheva... and 12!!! more then Roma.
    Not bad for a team with such bad strikers right????

And Ok I shouldn't have given you bad rep maybe..

14. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    did makaay, shevchenko or adriano win the champions league?

15. Sempre

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You're avoiding the real issue. You needed 1-0 wins against even
    weaker teams to get to the quarter-finals; and you had very little
    creativity going forward. Cannavaro was one of your best attacking
    threats, in fact . . . No harm admitting you need a killer striker, is
    there? Or even someone who adds a bit more flair.

But it's just a thought, and I hate arguing with people who've had
    Lucky Charms for breakfast . . . :D

16. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Trezeguet netted four goals in five games. if he had been injury free, he would probably have 10 goals in the competition. thats beside the point though. those teams with those superior forwards didnt win either. milan baros won. and he stinks. im actually glad we dont rely too much on a shevchenko or adriano type player. thats not saying i wouldnt love having someone like that play for us. but theres no automatic about winning trophies if you have those guys. just ask inter how much theyve won the last decade. if our forwards stay healthy, our 4-5 are as good as anything in the world today. Trez is as much a killer in front of goal as anyone youve mentioned. and none youve mentioned has more flair then Zlatan.

17. Sempre

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Your sense of reality is way out of whack. Ibra has more flair
    than Adriano? :confused: Trez is as much a killer striker as Sheva? :confused:

Anyway it doesn't do to compare your situtation to Liverpool's.
    What got you knocked out of this year's CL was lack of creativity
    and finishing against an organized team. And that's a problem
    you should address. ADP looks just about done; Trez has been
    struggling; Ibra is not yet the finished product. Bring those 3
    back to next year's CL and you are coming out empty-handed.
    My prediction, at least . . . Now imagine if you add Gilardino to
    the equation: hardly a luxury buy when Juve have struggled
    to find the net in Europe and when one of its main strikers is
    aging and fading fast.

18. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    shevchenko scored five goals in 24 games two seasons ago. i cant even remember last time Trezeguet sucked that bad in front of goal. as for flair, not many can compare with Zlatan. i dont even understand what youre trying to say here. you mean if we had some more flair wed have won the champions league? if our attack suck so bad then why did we score more goals then anyone in the serie a? our problem has been injuries to key players. Trezeguet, Del Piero and Nedved have all been sidelined for long stretches. and still we are better then your totti led roma, or shevchenko led milan, or adriano led inter. mayeb you should go to their boards and complain instead of here on the scudetto winners boards.

19. Sempre

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Your point: Juventus has a totally adequate/ perfect strike-
    force. Evidence: Serie A.

My point: They don't. Evidence: Champions League.

And I started this discussion specifically based on if they want to
    the Champions League
    . Which is their stated goal for next
    season. So I don't know why you keep talking about Roma (a
    real straw man, so far as this discussion goes) and about Juve's
    wonderful Serie A goal-haul. They're not cutting it in Europe,
    and to say that adding quality to their forward line would be a
    "luxury" is a totally questionable opinion. I think if they want to
    win the CL they should offload ADP and get a killer striker like
    Gilardino . . . Or something like that.

But whatever; stick to your guns. Juve can do no wrong . . .
    :rolleyes:

20. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    lol youre saying Trezeguet doesnt cut it in europe because he was injured. dont you understand how stupid that sounds? he has 20 goals in 30 champion league games the last four seasons. and why cant Juventus goal scoring record in their 38 serie a games be an indication of their attacking potential? we dont need more forwards. what we need is to stay healthy. if we had been last season, we could very well have won the champions league.
    our goal is to win everything.

21. Sempre

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's a cagey--and manipulative--way of arguing. You
    haven't challenged my saying that ADP is just about done;
    you haven't explained how Ibra is adequate given his record
    in this past season's CL; and you haven't challenged my
    central idea that bringing in a new striker would not be
    a luxury given the lack of creativity/ goal-scoring fluency
    Juve have shown at times this past season.

What you have done is put words in my mouth by making
    it sound like I singled Trez out, which I never did . . . I've
    been speaking of Juve's striker-force as a whole.

What it comes to is that you're an extremely obstinate and
    pig-headed person. I have never once seen you gracefully
    admit a point in a discussion, even in the face of overwhelming
    evidence. Witness your contention that Guinea might just win
    next year's WC, even after tpmazember's great analysis on
    the thread "Can Italy Win in '06?" Intelligent. :rolleyes:

22. The Bergamister

The Bergamister New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Bergamo and Brussels
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ADP is just about done: I really have to disagree with you on this point, not just because he is our captain and one of my favourite players of the last couple of years. Yes he has not been in the shape he used to be in when he had that brilliant season. And yes he has been quite injury prone the last few years, but this season dispite the fact that he was subbed more then any other player he scored a considerable number of goals in both CL and Serie A. He was also instrumental in getting the team to work as a team and that has been his forté and will be even more important for him to do in the coming years.

how Ibra is adequate given his record in this past season's CL: Do you think you can only judge a player on his scoring record? I do think Zlatan has been a bit of a revelation this season and yes he has missed easy goals for Juve this year in CL but you must think that this was his first season with us and he has scored quite a few in Serie A, and in CL he was more of a target man in my opinion, he was more playing down the flank and providing great passes for the strikers, the only problem this year is that we were struggling at some point with both Trezeguet and Del Piero out and only Zalayeta to step in. You must also remember that Zlatan is still young and thus far had only played CL for Ajax and played almost every game of the season, so no he cannot be on target every game and unluckily he happened to be a bit out of sink during some of the CL games.

bringing in a new striker would not be a luxury given the lack of creativity/ goal-scoring fluency Juve have shown at times this past season.

I have to agree on that one, although I think we did that by adding Mutu to the list, he has been a force in the past and was just left to rot at chelsea, but give him some playing time and that could very well change. I do think that if we can keep playing this season without to many injuries we can do one better and maybe win the CL again. Cause a team with an in form Trezeguet, Mutu, Zlatan, Del Piero and Nedved can cause serious problems as an attacking power to any given team.

23. Sempre

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks for the thoughtful reply, Berga.

We'll see how things pan out . . .

24. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i dont want Moggi planning our offseason with injuries to the first and second options at each position as a likelyhood. then we will end up buying players for £120 every summer like chelsea does.if we can stay healthy, we dont need more forwards. the ones we have are more then good enough.
    you said the Juventus front line doesnt cut it in europe. four goals in five games doesnt cut it? what do you want? two goals per game? we were one goal away from making the semi finals. that despite going through major injuries to our key offensive players. you think that might have something to do with us struggling to find the net? i wonder what romas attack would look like without totti and montella. god forbid they should be injured at the same time cause then roma will need gilardino. how dumb can you get.
    tpmazember proved my point that it is possible that a minnow can win the world cup. so dont give me that crap. i never said it was likely. its just you idiots who dont understand my point. what are the odds that youll win the lottery? one in a couple million? still every week someone wins. so dont give me this bullsh!t that it cant be done. i never said that i expected guinea or anyone like that to win the world cup. i expect that some day a minor team will shock the world though. and that will happen.

25. Sempre

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Here's where I began howling with laughter. 4 goals in 5 games is
    offense all right.

Here's where I wanted whatever it is you're smoking.