Summer is coming-Transfers, Rumors, and Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MerlinRM, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Come on, you got Sosa instead, every bit as good according to Breitner. No wonder the guy retired after a few of those genius suggestions. :D

2. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    De Gea, Veratti and Aguero.:inlove: and even for Rafa would be too much to screw this team.

ADiSKOTEC repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Aguero would give us our very own douchebag striker. :ROFLMAO:

ADiSKOTEC, MerlinRM and J-Mezzy repped this.
  4. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Getting all 3 is impossible unless we sell Bale or Ronaldo.

5. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    Same here.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  6. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
  7. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kun Agüero seems impossible regardless of who we sell. Don't think he has any desire to leave City and the club will surely not want to sell their best player. Unfortunately we have to look elsewhere.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  8. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So sell Bale :whistling:

9. kurskolajno

kurskolajno Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Doubt he would choose staying at City if Real Madrid comes knocking.

But getting Aguero would mean the end of Benzema and Perez has a boner for him for some reason.

10. nassar_7

nassar_7 Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Pakistan
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Pakistan
    What about Lewandowski ? I would definitely go for him.

11. Romanero

Romanero Member+

Oct 28, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    is Benitez oficial yet?

12. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Am I the only one who thinks the verratti ship sailed when we sacked Carlo?

izzzy repped this.
  13. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The Bernabeu also loved Ozil and Perez sold him without blinking an eye. If we buy a big name midfield player, someone will have to make way either on the bench or leave to raise money. Unofrtunatly Modric seems to be the obvious choice for me.

And Benz is 50/50. I agree completely we need a lethal striker but I don't see us getting Kun as City want to build around him. Any decent striker is unavailable right now unless we want to try the other French striker from Lyon but I think he probably needs to have another great season and a great Euros for a team like us to pay attention to him.

14. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The only two strikers on the planet better than Benzema are Aguero and Suarez. And we're not even talking miles better. The Benzema hate needs to stop. He's a great striker and far from a liability.

ahnaf repped this.
  15. ardee

ardee Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Midfield reinforcements are pretty crucial: even with Modric healthy Isco was the only impact guy in that position off the bench.

Along with DDG I'd be thrilled with Veratti and someone who has quality but would be happy to be James' understudy. Kevin De Bruyne maybe?

J-Mezzy repped this.
  16. ardee

ardee Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Would add Zlatan to that but point taken. Benzema is a maestro, probably fourth best player on the squad after Ronaldo, James and Modric.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. snooop

snooop Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ozil forced his way out. He became such a drama queen upon arrival of Isco and he had a few ugly run-ins with Carlo. He left Flo no choice but to sell him ASAP. After all, no one missed his sorry ass one bit and everyone misses Modric badly while he is out injured. It's a lot harder to find a replacement for Modric who can bring balance, fluidity and clarity to the team, for Ozil..... the 12th man Isco has proved that he can do a much better job than the German. If anyone is going to push their way out in the summer, there is a greater chance that it's going to be Isco than Luka Modric, his transfer would certainly add more cash to Flo's war chest, too.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I try to resist hyperbole, but if Modric is sold the only possible conclusion is that Floro is either dumber than a bag of rocks or belongs in the asylum. It'd be twice as diabolical as Mesut.

Castillas, izzzy and J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Never in my life have I seen a player who polarizes opinion with his play on the pitch like Benzema does. There are literally not-idiots on here who think he's one of the best strikers on the planet and other not-idiots who think he's utterly worthless. So strange.

I would love to have Lewandowski; think it's about as likely as me wearing the no. 9 next year, and since you surely haven't seen me play: I'm really really bad.'m

I'm curious about this supposed connection - if my memory's right, didn't they have a somewhat up-and-down relationship at PSG? Not nearly as excited about the idea of getting Verratti as some others are anyways TBH.

20. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Benzema plays direct football and gel well with cr7 but he is not good in converting half chance to goal ie fox in the box type which is essential to bring diversity in our tactics when opponents where able to cut down our counter or opponents defend in numbers...

Not sure who is coming or going this season but compared to barca our front line is less creative and less aggressive ..

21. ADiSKOTEC

ADiSKOTEC Ketchup Factory

Dec 3, 2010
    Burbank, CA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I just watched a 15 minute highlight reel of Veratti. I'd like to board the Veratti train. Or are we going by sea? Am I late to board, because I keep reading that the God damn ship has sailed on everyone?!

Vector-SS, Aimar 21 and Zidane05 repped this.
  22. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Its known the team has media influence. I'm sorry but I never believed the rumors about Ozil after he left. We needed money for the Bale transfer and Ozil had contract negations. I do think he may have bitten off more than he could chew with his demands but I don't think he was ready to leave Madrid.

I'm still iffy about Isco. If someone offers him big money and guaranteed starter status I can see him leaving. But the whole being loved by all of Spain thing may keep him here esp with Benitez on board. Notice Isco was the only main midfield/offensive player to not say goodbye to Carlo on social media(CR didn't but he did post the pic saying he hoped he would stay). Still doesn't solve the whole "who will hit the bench once Pogba/Veratti comes" issue though.

I'm surprised people still think Flo isn't capable of doing stuff like selling Modric. Carlo just got fired one season after winning a double and La Decima. The Florentino of the mid 2000s is back in full force.

Kevin De Bruyne wouldn't come to be anyone's understudy. Wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a galactico after the Euros though. Very surprising breakthrough season and can only get better as he is only 23.

23. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    yes 99% official ... only unless a huge meteorite fall on napoli press room exact during benitez conference

24. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Player or attacker, how good a player is Marcelo or Varane, Pepe , Ramos, Kroos ?

MerlinRM repped this.
  25. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Marcelo is a top 5 player for us this season, though I'd throw him on the attacking category as well

pramod repped this.