Summer is coming-Transfers, Rumors, and Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MerlinRM, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #1 MerlinRM, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    Sorry for the sht title but I'm uncreative when it comes to those things lol. This is for the next 2 months until the season ends and we start the thread competitions we do every summer.

George Alaba, David's father and agent, has come out and denied any meeting with Real Madrid and stated that George is happy and staying in Munich.

saadomar, CR7PT, S1na and 2 others repped this.
  2. euon

euon Member+

Oct 5, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Summer is here. I feel hot. So who do we buy now ?Priority list.

3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I don't get this fascination with expensive back up full backs when your starting full backs are already pretty darn good. We just need capable ones that can step in when needed. Don't mind someone like De Sciglio who can play across the back 4. With Nacho, that's more than enough.

Midfield should be top priority, and sorting out the Asensio/Jese/Denis situations

4. Toro70

Toro70 Member+

Nov 29, 2008
    US, CT
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    saadomar, S1na and yoanaidarov repped this.
  5. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nacho is not really RM material.

S1na repped this.
  6. Toro70

Toro70 Member+

Nov 29, 2008
    US, CT
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who would you rather have as a 4th full back?

7. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    he can stay as long as he wants in Munich :D , just ship your son here

Lyra, S1na and MerlinRM repped this.
  8. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Falcao has 2 goals and an assist vs Bahrain!!!!!!

Just saying :D

CR7PT, S1na, Deep Pal and 1 other person repped this.
  9. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    i dont mind us going after him ( i had been a huge fan of his for a long time :D ) , provided we get him on the cheap ( 30 -40 me max) .

as much as i hate to say this , in all honesty his stock has fallen quite a bit , so I guess he wont mind becoming a sub - also prolly with Falcao on the bench we would have an alternative to change our game plan when we get stuck .

if he regains his form it would be great , if he doesnt he could be a good sub .

however , wasnt there some news couple of days back where he said he would be leaving ManU to any place which offers him regular game time ?

10. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The thing is I don't think Falcao would be ok with being a bench player especially with the way Carlo rotates. Would he be happy playing once every 6 games?

I think we should invest in a younger guy who can potentially take over for Benz in 2-3 more seasons when he heads over to PSG (lol sorry I just really believe Benz will eventually head over there for big bucks by the time he is 30).

11. Glide84

Glide84 Member+

Jan 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think he has been more than capable of contributing when asked. When he was forced to come in and play because of injuries he was exposed but he was not the only, half our starting 11 practically out and we were leaving too many spaces. If we had better back up options all around, we maintain our shape and he likely does better.

Carlo didn't do him any favours either, earlier in the season there were plenty of chances to give him some minutes to keep his sharpness/confidence up.

temesgen and MerlinRM repped this.
  12. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    but is there any player who has shown the talent who can step up in 2-3 years time to play the role of no 9 for Madrid ? look , Benz himself needed a good 4 seasons before he is finally doing justice to his talent and even before he came here he was quite the hottest young commodity among strikers in Europe . Dont see anyone who fits that profile currently .

Jese seemed to be the best bet , but he really has regressed .

13. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    oh, wow.. how is he playing overall? but Bahrain .. come on.

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  14. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It really annoyed me seeing that Arbeloa has 16 starts this season. Nacho showed great promise filling in for Dani in the beginning but Carlo just went on insisting on using Arbeloa. If had more games, he'd continue to impress us and be more than capable for covering for Dani.

ahnaf repped this.
  15. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah it's Bahrain. We won't really know much about Falcao until copa America, but I fully expect him to be better than he's been at Crap U

Deep Pal repped this.
  16. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That I can't answer. If we get a younger player, it'll be a gamble. Vietto, Lacazette, etc are young and doing well but if they come to Madrid, they can be Benzema's understudy and eventually take over instead of us waiting until they're 60me in the market in 3 years. We also can't forget Benz was weak mentally before hence why it took ages for his transfer to pay off. Many top striker were doing well consistently before the age of 27 unlike Benz.

And Jese can still be the guy but he needs to get serious about his career quickly and go somewhere he can play major minutes.

17. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Honestly speaking there has been never this dearth of quality strikers ever since I have started following football . I guess we have been very lucky over the years to see one great player after the other popping up - R9 , RvN , Dwight York , Andy Cole , Suker , Rivaldo , Ronaldinho , Drogba , Shevchenko , Inzaghi , Raul , Henry and it has been pretty much Messi and Cr7 in the last 6 years ... phew so many stars !!!

18. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Ancelotti once said that in his teams, full backs are the players with the most pressure on them as they are always going up and down. Thus i don't mind having 2 solid and reliable back ups for Dani and Marcelo.
    Alaba is awesome. He is just so mature. He has had only 2-3 yellow cards in his whole career. I really like to see him here.

19. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The thing with Alaba is that he wants to play midfield. I don't know if he'd come here to be a rotating LB

StreetHoopz repped this.
  20. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Alaba is a pipe dream unless he says he's unhappy or his contract is running out.

StreetHoopz, Digital and Dhajj repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Alaba is not joining any other team. He's a Bayern player for life unless something happens to him, or he does something he can't take back.

StreetHoopz and Dhajj repped this.
  22. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Exactly....

Kroos was a different story because for some reason the FO lost value, faith, whatever you want to call it and the relationship between them got cold..

Otherwise he would've still been a core player and built the team around him like I am sure pep wanted..

Alaba, muller, etc are youth players who are lifers, imo

StreetHoopz repped this.
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kroos was never a "Bayern" guy. They just picked him up young, and he took advantage of his contract situation to make the next move.

StreetHoopz, Phoenix Rising and S1na repped this.
  24. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Any way he is an excellent addition. Most importantly he is versatile. Can perform as a CM in 433 or LM or LB.
    He is tactically intelligent. I really like him in Madrid.

StreetHoopz and J-Mezzy repped this.
  25. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I like Alaba a lot and would love him here but like 4x4 said, he is a Bayern guy through and through.