Summer Camps??

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by heynowref, Jun 30, 2021.

1. heynowref

heynowref Member

Aug 12, 2015
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Looking for a residential camp for a 08G.

Anyone have any info on
    NO1 Soccer Camps
    Europa Soccer Camps
    NCE

Thanks

2. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Nike Camp at Elmhurst College was always excellent - loved the fact that they split "friends" up so they can play with equally talented players.

Our first year there I showed up at night to watch games (parents are allowed to do that for night games), and my daughter was paired up with a bunch of Sockers boys she already played with - funny stuff.

One thing for sure - stay away from club orientated camps - they are a $$$ grab for sure as most of their top staff is usually taking down time.

3. Synergy77

Synergy77 New Member

Barca
    Brazil
    Jul 4, 2019
    Lake County, IL
  4. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Elmhurst (Nike Camp) is way better.

Synergy77 repped this.
  5. girlssoccernewbie12

girlssoccernewbie12 New Member

Portland
    United States
    Apr 11, 2019
    My son just did the Coerver one in Lake Forest and LOVED it. It was supposed to be a residential camp but he just commuted. Some of his club teammates are doing the NU one. It just seemed to far of a drive for us. My daughter is signed up for the Eurotech one at Lake Forest-not sure if that's a good one or not. I haven't heard much about it, but it had a specific one for goalkeeping which she loves doing. i think someone on this board(s) said stay away from club specific ones, so we did this summer.

Synergy77 repped this.
  6. Synergy77

Synergy77 New Member

Barca
    Brazil
    Jul 4, 2019
    Lake County, IL
    We may try the one in Schaumburg at the end of July.

My son is going into u15 and asked if he could do a camp over the summer. Looking to see what camps are remaining this summer.

7. bluechicago

bluechicago Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Horrible and awful, the coach shows up on day one then has his players run the rest of the week. Skip this one every time.

girlssoccernewbie12 repped this.
  8. girlssoccernewbie12

girlssoccernewbie12 New Member

Portland
    United States
    Apr 11, 2019
    Was this the camp that ran last week at Lake Forest?? There seems to be a variety of Nike Camps (Schaumburg, Lake Forest, and Elmhurst) and they all have different descriptions. The one at Elmhurst claims to be an ID camp. We are looking at the Nike camps as an option this summer as well since it was recommended on these boards, but there seems to be a difference in what is being offered depending on the location.

9. Eric Tower

Eric Tower New Member

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 11, 2021
    My son is wrapping up the CTSC camp at Northwestern. Best run camp I've seen. A lot of camps are run to separate parents from their cash - this one is actually good. I assume the regular camp won't be as intense, but will still be well-run.

10. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Really? It was (still is) run by David DiTomasso who runs Chicago Empire. We have not been in about 4 years but it was really good when we were there. They pushed my kid really hard and made sure it was not just a "fun" camp but an environment where there was a good deal of learning.

Surprised.

11. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    I believe they are all ran by different organizations. The Nike Camp in Schaumburg was no good. Many boys (05/04) from Sockers were at Elmhurst after attending Schaumburg the year prior and the parents said that the Nike camp in Schaumburg was more like day care.

This is why you have to be careful about camps because they can be quite a different experience.

If I had to do it again - I would rather pick a good Super Y team for the summer.

Leftydad and girlssoccernewbie12 repped this.