Summer 2022 Transfer Thread - What's next???

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by chjoak, Feb 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We really need Marquinhos and ESR to get more playing time and actually do well. We can't burn out the front 3, like we always do, but we can't sign anyone either. It's harder now to find someone better than Marti/Saka, that isn't cost prohibitive. And it wouldn't even make sense to sign someone better than them, let them continue to develop.

But we usually have a big drop in attacking quality when either of them can't play, so we need bodies that can take some minutes from them while also not lowering the overall quality of the squad, the way Elneny brings down the midfield.

2. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    daedalus repped this.
  3. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    If there is someone who can play Parteys role, spend whatever it takes to get them. If Partey doesn't go to jail, great, you have rotations. If he does get locked up, then we aren't totally ********ed from the next transfer window until the end of the season.

4. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    maskito repped this.
  5. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be okay with trying to hold out until January and then getting Danilo since Palmeiras's season will have ended.

cantona94, daedalus, Tonerl and 3 others repped this.
  6. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    daedalus repped this.
  7. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    if it isn't a longer term cedric-type contract (high price on account of being a free), i'd be pretty okay with someone with experience coming in as insurance until, as @yossarian said, we can grab danilo in january.

also, this part is why i don't tend to be particularly upset at players going for the money: i'm wanting the club to use players "as needed" without giving a damn about their longer term future. so if a player wants to do the same? get your cheese, man.

mebeSajid repped this.
  8. CarlosKaiser

CarlosKaiser Member+

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 30, 2018
    Kansas City