2020-21 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I don’t get why Petrachi would be at faulted for our season. Smalling and Diawara are probably 2 of our 3 most important players at the moment.

This squad is not good but it’s not because of Petrachi. With no CL he had absolutely no money to spend. Like many have said before Monchi set this squad back at least 2 years.

Oban14, Andreas, r0adrunner and 2 others repped this.
  2. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    He wasn’t worth 20m back then and he isn’t now. Eh but Market value. And Juve put a buy back clause in for 24m. Fraudulent.

3. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo

4. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Again, all I said was he is a good player and he will be on a big side. Debut at 16 in Serie A, Youth international captain of his age groups right up to U-21 level. You don't do that if you don't have serious talent. The rest, I don't care about.

5. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Petrachi's moves are much more sensible than we have had in the past. Veretout and Diaware are the types of midfielders we should always have gone for to provide depth. Mancini and Smalling were both smart. I still say Spinnazola was a smart buy as well. We probably overpaid for Lopez, but after experiencing Olsen, you pay a premium for having a competent GK.

The bad is that Kalinic is terrible a vice-Dzeko. Dzeko plays ever game when healthy and is never in danger of losing his spot. Dzeko is always a streaky player so we do not have a dynamic forward for where goals will come from.

I realize getting rid of SES probably paid for some of these moves, but losing him was a mistake. SES was inconsistent, but he would have a month here and there where he carried the team. None of our wingers can do that.

We just have to see how his winter purchases go. The lack of a vice Dzeko and the lack of depth in the midfield has really hurt us. Along with the lack of productivity from the wings. We need goals from Kluivert and Under.

6. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You cant expect consistent productivity from wingers when there is no midfield base for them to work from. When Veretout is available alongside Diawara we had a good start. Two players that compliment each other and although us to control a game. Without them playing together Roma is an a disadvantage from the first minute. Then ahead of them we have Pellegrini and enough has been said about him. There is no coincidence that we were much better in attack when we had Pastore fit in our most impressive spell of the season. The difference an attacking midfielder who can find space, run with it and play smart passes was key. A shame he cannot stay fit. The midfield area is a mess without Diawara to dictate from deep and then with our number 1 attacking midfield not having the character.

Petrachi is not the fault to inherit a mess and shouldn't be expected to fix it in one season. Jimmy is a reactionary idiot with no understanding of the game.

Andreas, wm72, shiboboo and 2 others repped this.
  7. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Yeah, outside of Kalishit all of his moves were good. You can’t even fault him for Kalinic, how many strikers were available for a loan without obligation?

I think sacking him is a mistake.

Oban14, Andreas, r0adrunner and 2 others repped this.
  8. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It was Petrachi's team that lost to Atalanta and everyone else for the past two months, not Moronchi's.

The Building for the Future Brotherhood band-wagon never stops.

Moronchi filled the team with players with no talent or past it, but Petrachi is the one who filled the team with spaghetti players who bend and swirl however you push them. And half of them are on loan anyway, and teams like United will cha-ching from the exposure and playing time those players are getting here.

Anyone who defends that bald incompetent **** clearly doesn't understand the meaning of the word leverage, of which Roma has none right now. We're not leveraging our salary structure to attract competent players, we're not leveraging our playing time to build stronger squad that's ours and reliable too, we're not leveraging our season to bring in a coach who can teach the players how not to be push-overs and lose every game, we're not leveraging our transfer budgets to get players who'd be worth more asap.

This team is run like a footballtroll gag and evetyone who condones it has zero knowledge of football, it's that simple.

LordNelson repped this.
  9. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  10. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I doubt he has a whole lot to do with any this at this point

Midfield General repped this.
  11. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Its possible of course but then isn't it equally possible that because the sale has been held up on final price agreement which is being squabbled over due to current performance, then he is defaulting back to his normal reactionary self.

12. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  13. nguoiaoden

nguoiaoden Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
  14. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  15. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Now what

wm72 repped this.
  16. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    Andreas and decola repped this.
  17. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    :laugh:

remember when you were one of them?

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/monchi-see-monchi-do.2080987/page-203#post-36970437

"Everyone likes it at Milan. Big salaries, zero expectations, easy starting spots. They don't bring in the type of players who'd strive to excel and make the next step in a better ran club like ours, where they'll have to face competition and expectations for pretty much the same money."

Now that you've awoken and smelt the coffee, how did that end up working out for you?

18. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
  19. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #144 La Magica, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    He would have been shipped after barely scoring. We would have ignored the lack of chances created for him and pinned it on incorrect character for the mighty AS Roma.

wm72 and Haakon24 repped this.
  20. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I've decided to dabble a bit into archeology as well.

My first theory is that the Trojan Horse that brought down Troy was bald as f&ck. Two millenias later, Moronchi & Petrachi got inspired by its legend and came into Roma. The rest is story...

As for the article above... who cares. If he was that obviously good, no one would've given him to us for 4mil. Same with Salah exploding at Pool. You don't get to buy/sell with info from 2 years in advance, but if you are a bald f&ck who's best move is free loans...

Roma is doomed.

21. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nahhh. Hardly surprising, mongo as I said from day one, would ruin this club. I think our Pallotta Dickheads should speak up more. Odd, they have become so silent all of a sudden... ?

Austrian clown ?
    NY Loser ?
    DC weirdo ?
    Mongo's personal lover ?
    Hakoon, the guy who says " Salah and Alisson were great sales " ?

I have well and truly won the argument and have Trafalgar'd your sorrow arses back to America, where you belong

Marco9, Scipio, Andreas and 5 others repped this.
  22. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    That would be, @Hustle and Flow

Midfield General repped this.
  23. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What’s he talking about

24. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Don't worry, I'm still here. Just missed a bunch of our games in 2020 because of work and unlike others I don't speak about games I didn't see. ;)

LordNelson and Haakon24 repped this.
  25. Scipio

Scipio Red Card

AS Roma
    Feb 19, 2020
    Iberia
    His message is clearly for those of us with the eyes to hear and the ears to see, or eyes to see and ears to hear. You hear? You must know to be able to know. Lord Nelson secretly studied the tactics of Scipio and knows how to right this sinking ship. Scipio's army is ready for Lord Nelson.

Marco9, LordNelson, Andreas and 2 others repped this.