Summer 2019 - The Zizou Revolution Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Chicharito?

2. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Yeah. Those final passes on bench will be spectacular to watch.

Modric-87 repped this.
  3. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018

If this is true then Florentino has lost it, how are we seriously thinking about going into next season without a midfield reinforcement?

4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We don't even have a roster spot. Even Mariano refused to leave. If not Pogba, whom were we going to sign anyways in midfield? Pay 50 ME+ for Eriksen when we are keeping James who's similar player along with Isco? Roca would have been the only signing that made sense, but then again, why sell Llorente for 30 M then?

5. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Probably due to Zidane more than anything. The club lined up midfielder aftee midfielder and Zidane wasn't even interested. Now we are stuck with 34yo Modric as our starter

6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Start James instead. ZZ has that option. Kroos was never going to benched even if we had signed Pogba. Club just renewed him this summer and he was always an untouchable for ZZ too.

7. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    What a boring team we’ve become.

This midfield will be torn apart v any decent side and that’s not even getting to the defence yet.

We don’t have Cristiano anymore.

If this is the team we were planning to go in the season with, we should have hired Mourinho.

Modric-87 repped this.
  8. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    How I see Zizou summer:

Zidane chased Pogba all summer. There was no Plan B.

In the end, Zizou did not get his two main targets that were MBappe, and Pogba. Because it was either them or no one.

I disagree with that mentality, but now he has a season to prove me wrong.

9. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m not James’ biggest fan, but he’s not going to get blackballed. He’s staying and he’s going to get minutes. Hopefully he resolves some of our midfield depth issues

Ssr9, MerlinRM, Anon. and 2 others repped this.
  10. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I don't think Florentino would ever seriously look to pay the rumored fee for Pogba, especially considering who his agent is

MerlinRM repped this.
  11. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    • We did a fantastic job early in the transfer market and secured all 'workable' transfers in a remarkable short period of time.
    • We covered a very very weak spot in both center forward position and left back position plus not needing to see Nacho as a 3rd CB ... that's huge for me.
    • Hazard isn't CR, Messi or even Neymar. But he is a top player that can change games on his own. I think he will be big for us this season.
    • Even though we have not signed a midfielder, we have James to provide that 'other dimension' that all our midfielders lack
    Now on the flip side:
    • Our midfield is weaker than last year. Valverde is not better than Llorente. However, adding James in Ceballos place gives us better options when we need to push and score goals.
    • We were supposed to strengthen the midfield and add that extra spark. The only options that were talked about in the transfer market were either too expensive (Pogba) or too average (Eriksen) or simply not good enough.
    • If we were to really reshape our midfield, we should have pushed for KDB even if it was for crazy money. But that would never have happened as he doesn't fit the profile that Perez would break the bank for. And the player himself seems very settled in MC.
    • Other than KDB, I just don't see anyone inspiring enough to break the bank for.
    • RW. I said earlier in the summer that this will be our weakest spot. Bale stayed, and he is playing ok, but we know his injury record. If he gets injured and we are back to VJ or LV at RW position, then we better play without an RW!!
    My rating for the summer is 7.5/10 and it's the best summer we had since the summer we signed Ozil.

12. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    That is not what I am talking about.

My bet is that Flo said what you said, and then told Zidane, "what about Eriksen?" to which he recieved a "if you buy someone I don't want, I resign again"

same for Neymar instead of MBappe.

13. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Eriksen too average?

I know it's popular to say spurs reached a CL final by pure luck, but that's ridiculous. he was good enough for 40-60ME instead of Pogba for 200ME.

Anon. and Prit Javier repped this.
  14. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    This is just unbelievable to me, how is the club so irresponsible as to go into a 2nd year without addressing one of the major issues we’ve had? First or second to be honest.
    We’ve sent all these midfielders out as well, we’re pretty much worse off than we were before in that area, mind boggling stuff.

Prit Javier and Ayayain repped this.
  15. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    "Everyone was too average but Pogba"

Ah also, I agree 1000%, with you.

Drouchk repped this.
  16. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He is not better than what we have. He won't be an upgrade, just an added player to an already overcrowded squad.
    I rate Modrid/James and even Kroos when played a more advanced position higher than Eriksen.
    He misplaces a lot of passes, but people focus on highlight material. Overall, I am happy that we kept James and not signed Eriksen. I would have only wanted us to sign him if we were to sell James as Zidane wanted at the beginning of the transfer window.

BjornH repped this.
  17. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    It’s just so stupid, I’d understand this approach had we came off a title winning season but as you know we’ve not won nothing last year we were humiliated on several occasions.

Ayayain repped this.
  18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    City stars are as impossible as PSG stars. Both are state run clubs with plenty of oil money.

19. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Let's agree to disagree then.

I personally think Eriksen has more impact than current walking simulator Kroos, and current old Modric.

Anon. repped this.
  20. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Zidane better deliver La Liga with no questions asked.

He didn’t want players other than those we couldn’t get so he made his bed, now lie in it.

21. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Hopefully he gets to play over Isco

22. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    I can't add anything to what you said. I shut up till the end because I wanted to leave them the benefit of the doubt, but now, it's time to say that it is ridiculous.

Drouchk repped this.
  23. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    When Kroos plays a little more advanced role, he is unplayable. But he is average in his deep position. Side passing all day long. :notworthy:

Even though that's true to a very large extent, City are not PSG. I believe that they would sell if a player wanted to leave.
    Now the asking price could be crazy, but that's a different story.

24. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Wrong imo.

When I trolled them about Sane, I got provided with the infos that City played him because they plainly refused to sell him to bayern, and that's that. Him not getting injured would not have changed anything.

25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1168605455029014534 is not a valid tweet id

Lol thought Di Maria hated RM? He was bashing the club while at Utd and predicted Ron would join them in 2015. He ended up leaving Utd that summer instead. [emoji23]

BjornH and MiamiNative0722 repped this.