Summer 2019 - The Zizou Revolution Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You have to be crazy to think that I will read a 3 page article on here as a response to one sentence.

meringues and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    "He would get himself in clear positions for scoring and then pass the ball to the opposition's GK - those weren't even shots."

Got to be the dumbest thing I have read on here. You worry about Bale's legacy desperately hoping people won't remember his big goals. At least he's way older and declined due to several injuries. You could say the same about Asensio's attitude who looked flat despite getting to start a truckload games and he's supposed to be in his prime. Should he ******** off to China for doing that at 23 in the biggest club in the world?

Bale has had 100+ goals and 60 odd assists despite all the injury issues at RM. Doing that much at this level despite having the same injury problems (Owen mentioned how muscle injuries ruined his career) takes some commitment at least. While Spanish players like Asensio get a free pass from the media and local fans even though the difference in effort and drive from Vinicius and Asensio was night and day last season.

3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If "realistic fans" are those who keep chanting Isco Isco when he comes on with a tummy, it's better to get booed by those clowns when they hear Bale's name a decade later. But majority Madrid fans have proven to be the opposite to ex-players that have contributed to titles even if they were harsh during playing days.

4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think Raiola using Juve to force us to match Pogba's current wages. But Flo doesn't roll like that. No way Juve will pay 150 MP Utd have set as his valuation. That's why Juve had Savic or Ndombele as realistic options. Either Pogba stays at United or joins RM. Can't see Utd letting Juve lowball them.

Anon. repped this.
  5. Botsman

Botsman New Member

Arsenal
    Germany
    Jun 19, 2019
    In England wages are not published by the press as net. It's actually gross. At Arsenal we pay Ozil 250k a week that doesn't mean it's net its actually gross. Pogba at manure is on 290k which would make his salary around 15m gross not net. Sanchez is the highest paid player in the league with 400k a week not around 800k week. That being said Pogba in my opinion would only be worth it if he was bought for what they bought him for or less. I don't think wages will be an issue though

6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    There's always been this confusion of nett vs gross of PL clubs. Seems like English media started reporting after tax figures since wages soared in recent years. I think we will get a clearer view if total wages of PL clubs are compared with that of continental elites. Messi earns 50 ME nett, Ronaldo 32 ME nett. Kroos 10 ME nett. I'd be surprised if PL clubs don't pay high nett wages given their revenue. Also if it was gross wages for Alexis, Ozil etc, United, Arsenal should be showing at least twice the profit of RM, Barca, Bayern which isn't the case.

Stiliyan repped this.
  7. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The dumbest thing is that Bale actually looked like not wanting to score and you still defending him. Every time Bale was on the pitch he looked like he didn't want to be there. But if you think that's acceptable, or you want to drag Asensio into this conversation just to prove a point about a non-discussed comparison btween the two, be my guest. Bale, on his own made the fans his no.1 enemy. But sure, compare him to Asensio or other players who don't have 1/5 of his sallary. He needs to be offloaded, we don't need him with this poor attitude costing us a fortune.

8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #3208 Saeta Rubia, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    Look at the quote you wrote and I will say nothing more. Bale has played poorly, but to say he'd pass to opposition GK from goal scoring position is stupid. Guess he scored own goal in ZZ's return game then. :D You write such imaginative shit about Bale and get pressed about criticism about Asensio. No one denied Bale needs to be sold. Salary depends on a lot of other factors like image rights too.

And even then has Asensio reached Bale's level ever? He has 1 goals and 4 assists in La Liga(1750+ minutes) and 2 goals in CL and he's 23 already. Bale had his best season in EPL at 23. Bale at 24 was giving 22 goals and 15 assists at RM in all competitions. Even in his worst season Bale has 8 league goals and 3 assists. Asensio hasn't proven worthy of his current salary. I'll criticize him for his poor return despite getting 1750+ minutes in La Liga. And we are counting on him so such flat attitude at 23 is concerning. Valuable playing minutes at RM is most important thing I care about as a fan.

You say Bale will cost us financially and gets pressed about criticism of Asensio who's minutes will matter our on pitch performance. Bale's RM career is over and Zidane won't even have him as a sub so that's it. Replied to you only because of imaginary stuff like below. Else show a video of Bale doing what you wrote.

"He would get himself in clear positions for scoring and then pass the ball to the opposition's GK - those weren't even shots."

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What fascinates me is the obsession that he's a poor football player. Like actively trying to prove he's terrible like his resume doesn't completely pulverise most player's resume.

It's time to move on but I can name about 5 big names that were total busts compared to him.

Funny thing is people here were championing for Sanchez and now act like they knew he'd be a problem when I was basically getting called an idiot here for claiming that he played on the shop window and fooled people for a contract.

S1na and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Pretty much. Dude had so much injury trouble and still has 100+ goals and 60 odd assists playing for the most demanding club. So many good players would have outright tanked in such scenario. Had a really good career at Spurs too.

meringues and Bear Crotch repped this.
  11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rumors that we're not gonna sign Pogba are getting some noise. Luckily for us we have a few options there and i think we can take our time with the CM position.

We should probably sell some players first.

12. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    All of our alternatives are heavily linked to other teams though so we might need to move fast.

Anon. and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If Raiola is using Juve to increase RM's wage offer, Flo won't play along. Let him go there and he'd still be dreaming of winning CL three years later. Juve have a squad that's over the hill. Trying to sign one big player every summer with cheap or no proper reinforcement in other areas especially ageing defense. That's how Galactico project started to fail for Flo and Juve don't even have a CL winning core that RM had then.

We got all our targets including Hazard easily. If Pogba doesn't come, I won't blame Flo because it's again due to Raiola choosing the club for his player.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Most likely just attempting to put pressure on the club. No doubt Florentino will laugh and yawn at those.

Wish he were this cutthroat when selling.

Anon. and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Bernabeu fans being harsh to certain players doesn't meant they are impartial in criticism towards everyone performing poorly. Like Bernabeu was so toxic towards R9 that he got booed for being fat against Juve in 2003 in a game he scored. And this was right after his memorable hattrick against United at OT. And his last season ended so badly with fans on his back. Capello left him out for majority of the games before being shipped off to Milan in January. Now fans act like they always loved him whenever he's at the Bernabeu. Beckham actually had a good ending with the fans though it was't smooth until we started winning in his final season.

CR7 openly begged fans to stop booing him a few times in the media and he's our greatest in modern era. Where as Isco and Asensio get totally opposite treatment. Modric rarely gets booed 'cos he works his ass off regardless of form on the particular day. That's not the case with Isco but he's loved because of the status as eternal promise for NT. Same thing happening with Asensio. Other clubs have fickle fans too though English media and their fans bash only Bernabeu crowd. Like Utd fans have booed Giggs who's one of their biggest legends. And their hooliganism issues are well known.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  16. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    The Bernabeu boos based on expectations, the bigger the name the More likely you are to be singled out, unless you’re lovable like Modric.
    Isco got booed this year but he certainly gets a pass compared to everyone else.

Anon. and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1141316297659166725 is not a valid tweet id

18. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    #3218 Ayayain, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    Raiola wants the best deal for Pogba, and even if Pogba only wants us, he's still try to push a story that others are interested to see if we will raise our offer a bit.

We're just past mid june. Mercato ends on september first. That kind of agents have no reason to rush a deal.

If we get Pogba, it won't be before july 1st.

Signing contracts in a rush without even trying to get the best deal for their client is what crappy agents do.

Clubs fans don't want to understand that though.

Saeta Rubia, YOUNGSTARS87 and 4x4s repped this.
  19. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos

20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Also depends how keen Pogba is on RM move. Hazard could have done the same for example if wages was top priority. I always see Raiola taking the player where the highest offer is. Flo won't play along to Raiola's ploy. Juve might offer him 15 ME, but let's see whether they can afford 150 ME+ which Utd will demand.

21. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I think we are getting Pogba and that is also why we gave Kroos a new contract to not disturb the wage structure of the club.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  22. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Hazard doesn't have one of the best agents around.

Best agents are those that are able to squeeze every dollars they can from a deal without detsroying negotiations in the process.

It's no surprise Raiola, and Mendes are at the top, and considered "Super Agent".

Hazard only wanted Madrid at any cost. I don't even think his agent had any right to talk. It wasn't about wage or anything, it was a one opportunity in a lifetime (especially since he's past 25).

Pogba knows that lots of WC clubs are interested in him directly or indirectly. Pogba also is narcissistic (way more than Hazard, but it isn't always a bad thing. YOU NEED players with big personalities too. And I say that even if I dislike Pogba), and also want a deal that would reflect his (how he views himself) greatness.

If we sign players like Mendy real fast is also because their agents have no weight, and prefers to sign out of fear when they have the chance in case the deal breaks later. In this example, Yvan Le Mée (Mendy's agent) is like a billion light years away from a super agent like Raiola.

23. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1141315520479879169 is not a valid tweet id

24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    ZZ should straight out tell him he's not even gonna be a sub if he hasn't already.

Lyra repped this.
  25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't think Flo will increase the offer that much. Let's see.