Summer 2019 - The Zizou Revolution Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neymar is better than Mbappe at the moment. By a distance. But PSG is doing the right thing by selling Neymar. He is too much to handle. Only barcelona with Messi in the dressing room can handle him, only to an extent.
    I hope he goes to Barca to ******** their finances even more.

2. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It is an exaggeration to say Neymar is better than Hazard by a lot. He is better technically, but Hazard is a better leader on the pitch. At least in the last 2 years.

Anon. repped this.
  3. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ceballos being sold doesn't bother me too much but Llorente going elsewhere in Spain really stinks. Guy is young, talented and we need to sell him with a buyback or we are being extremely shortsighted.

4. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    People should look at the number of games both missed the last three years.

Neymar is a liability now, really.

Yannick Relens and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  5. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    What I know is, we won the Champions League 3 times in a row without Neymar and also went 3 entire seasons without a trophy with the likes of Ronaldo, Zidane, Beckham, Figo, Carlos and Michael Owen on our books.

When we signed Bale and subsequently won the Champions League, it was the first time in a long time we had a completely balanced team with all the players playing in their right positions and executing their role perfectly.

That should be our focus for this transfer window and that means signing two quality midfielders; one who can drive the ball forward and the other who can score and assist. Could not care less for Neymar, though he would be good to play as him on PES 2020.

petros93 repped this.
  6. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    My thoughts:

PSG want to build their project around mbappe, if they sell neymar, they will renew mbappe at crazy wages and another 5 years

Neymar Sr will be ridiculously difficult to negotiate with, he'll use offers against competing offers and of course the personal grift. Probably the salary and image rights are biggest concern, both because neymar brand has taken a huge hit and the player along with his father overvalue his worth and of course shady structure opens up prospect of tax liabilities

Neymar clearly has taken a step backwards with his career and I'm not sure how motivated he is to become the best and his injuries are huge worry

It's possible that playing for Madrid could bring out the best in neymar and it's likely he could win CL and he'd be happy to be with Jr and Rodrygo but he could be horrible influence on both players

I think a very good argument could be made thAt neymar needs us more than we need him but his camp wouldn't ever see it that way

7. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    No one who’s actually watched Hazard beyond a game here and there would actually make such a claim, Neymar is flashier and has provided more goals over the years but one has to wonder how much influence the fact that he’s played in better teams contributed to that.
    Either way I look forward to people singing a different tune after they actually watch Hazard week in and week out.

8. Whiteboard

Whiteboard Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    what exactly has Neymar done in the last 2 years to be rated above Hazard ?
    Hazard was voted second best player in the WC (could make a case he was the best) while Neymar seemed more interested in rolling around and picking fights then actually playing football.

Anon., petros93, Yannick Relens and 2 others repped this.
  9. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    I think it's fair to say they predominately play in the same position. Haven't researched it but I am near certain that Neymar has significantly more goals and assist than Hazard and that's what I'll judge it on.

How many games of Hazard have I seen? Don't know. I am a regular viewer of Match of the Day but probably less than 20 full games I have watched with Hazard being featured.

10. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do not believe Mbappe will renew, even at crazy wages. There is no incentive to. Not only does he maintain the possibility of leaving, but he keeps the pressure on PSG to improve the squad while he is still there.

Besides, if he were to ever come to Madrid, we would probably break the wage structure for him. He would become at the very least among our top 2 highest paid players if not the highest.

11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Brazilian journo on AS in April had an article that club doesn't want Neymar anymore due to injuries. One interesting point was that they fear he'd be a bad influence on Vinicius and Rodrygo as well. Apparently, Arthur travelled to Paris to celebrate Neymar's birthday and Barca weren't happy about it. Arthur had fitness issues around that time. I am glad ZZ chose Hazard over Neymar.

12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Anon., Zidane05 and Yannick Relens repped this.
  13. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Come on dude. He is just behind those two aliens together with Neymar. And he behaves like a man not like a 4 year old girl like Ney. Neymar is better yes because he scores more but his character is so far off...

14. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'd say Neymar is a more talented player than Hazard, but Hazard is a better choice considering all of Neymar's bagage. In which I include something he has no control over like his recent injury wave(s).

For all the talent he has, I wouldn't want Neymar here. And it's basically a non-discussion since we just bought Hazard. We're not going to spend over 100+ million each, for 2 players who mainly play in the same position.

Excape Goat, janos audron and temesgen repped this.
  15. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Did you actually see him play at the WC ? Dispicable to behalve like that as a professional sportsman and an example to many young kids.

16. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Neymar has more goals but Hazard has more assists, the latter has played more minutes but the former has always had a much better supporting cast.
    and id recommend actually seeing Hazard brings to the table after watching him closely.

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Building around Mbappe is just as stupid with the player being the focus of attraction of so many clubs with huge tradition that at some point he'll get weak and want out himself.

PSG should invest in short term success, not Mbappe, not Neymar, not nothing. Just press every drop of juice these guys can give for as long as they are there and hopefully get those trophies.

Building a long term project in a weak league that doesn't help you keep long term superstars is pointless. Win now is the motto.

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    PSG with Neymar are twice the team they are without Neymar.Mbappe would like to see himself as a leader, but he isn't, not today, not tomorrow.

W8W8 and Stiliyan repped this.
  19. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    he does a lot of flicks and tricks , i reckon thats what people consider more talented. Great player when he isn't messing around but super overrated around here while Hazard is criminally underrated. i agree that he had a shout at the best player of the WC crown as well, in fact he outplayed Neymar when they met.

20. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Fixed.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  21. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Neymar leaving PSG would put PSG in Europa league after group stages.

There is a reason once he gets injured their season is over.

If PSG were that fed up and had him at a discount, then he dropped his wages we'd be crazy not to look into him.... with Zidane's approval and some contract guidelines and stipulations about behavior.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  22. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That's a problem for the other team and the fans. I don't think his team actually complained about that

Total douche. But like I said, his issues have been at psg cuz he knows it's a joke club in a joke league

23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Marca mentioned PSG is a possibility for Pogba from outside looking in. If they get Neymar money, wonder if they will make a serious move for Pogba. Since they are already negotiating with Raiola for Ligt.

24. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pogba would be a complete fool to do that. Even though Manchester sucks, everyone tunes in to watch him. No one is tuning into PSG in Ligue 1

Anon. and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  25. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017

PSG president says he wants players that give it all, and are 100% professional. He uses the word "killers [on the pitch]"

Pogba doesn't fit that at all if you look at his time in Juve, and ManU. He's the kind that plays only when he feels like it. The kind of players PSG want to sell because they already have plenty.

So yeah, zero chance they go for him.

Saeta Rubia repped this.