Summer 2017 Mercato

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Rossonero23, May 23, 2017.

1. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
  2. Cyclops1776

Cyclops1776 Member

AC Milan
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    Looks like talks with Gigio may be starting back up; are you willing to welcome him back with open arms? Tell him to shove it? Or just have him back but he needs to regain our trust?

Personally he is 18, surrounded by a cast of "interesting" characters, and has been put in the middle in some ways but should have spoken up sooner. Still I know as an 18 year old I would not know how to handle something like this. I will welcome him back with open arms!

What do you say?

3. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Donnarumma: ‘I’ve done nothing!’ http://www.football-italia.net/104552/donnarumma-‘i’ve-done-nothing’

“I’ve done nothing,” Donnarumma is quoted as saying. “I never said I wanted to leave Milan. Why are they massacring me?”

i'd take him back in a heartbeat. as i said above, this may be a lesson an 18 year old needed regarding the business side of the game: don't give your agent enough rope to hang you with.

gcstorm9 repped this.
  4. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    the latest reports are the gigio is ready to can raiola and sign the extension. that'd be having our cake and eating it too.

LGRod repped this.
  5. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Read that yesterday. It's based Mino sending his cousin to Poland rather than going himself. It would be great if it works out. Looks like my meme is working :)

6. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #106 Calcio Pauly, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    Apparently Gigio tweeted that Raioily stays. :thumbsdown: Too bad. Thought the kid would have made a better decision for hisself. That said, rumors are that his father would like for him to stay at the club. Milan has also offered Bertolacci and €10m for Genoa starlet 16yo Pietro Pellegri

7. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    St. Michael's Sword and LGRod repped this.
  8. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    please don't leave us!![​IMG]

9. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    there was the tweet that he was not firing raiola. then an insta or fb post saying sorry for the uproar the tweet caused. then another tweet saying he'd been hacked. jesus. someone take his phone away and let him focus on his games until italy get thrashed tomorrow.

gcstorm9 and St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  10. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He is just a scared little boy facing the wrath of the internet and doesn't know what to say.

11. NUFCViola

NUFCViola Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I just came here to say... Borini oh my god what are you guys doing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

LGRod repped this.
  12. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Just trying to piss off Lazio for not releasing Biglia, since he was their target. Sport politics, lol.

LGRod repped this.
  13. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    borini stinks. i'd rather keep lapadula around!!

btw donnarumma had a miserable game against spain. just saw the highlights...

LGRod repped this.
  14. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Borini signing was just to slap Lazio for not releasing Biglia and taking Montolivo, lol. He'll probably end up being loaned back out.

LGRod repped this.
  15. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Suso: "I've had three offers from clubs in the Champions League, but I want to stay here. ... The club are doing a great job, building a great side to stay at the top. We need to take it slowly to try to get back into the Champions League."

Good news. I enjoyed watching him last season.

LGRod repped this.
  16. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    More like... Bore-Ini am I right?

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  17. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm glad these new big millions are being put to good use :rolleyes:

18. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    a lot of changes to the team. already signed musacchio, rodriguez, kessie, andre silva, and calhanoglu (and conti strongly rumored). that's a CB, LB, MF, FW, MF (and rumored RB). all look like immediate upgrades

as much as i love the new signings (and i do) i feel like there might be some chemistry issues to start the season. half the starting roster will have never played together. heck most of the defensive line will be brand new! not sure about how y'all feel, but i would have upgraded the team a little slower. signed in year one with one defender, two midfielders, and one forward therefore making each unit better without disrupting the team too much. then, the left over money can be used towards a new stadium project. but, they might be throwing it all towards making CL qualification, then worrying about a stadium later, once that money comes in. just thinking out loud here

19. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Part of the sale agreement was that these Chinese guys invest heavily in the team. They're going to do the same next year. So far all the acquisitions are under 26. If we don't pull a Roma and sell our best players every year, these guys should be able to grow together and challenge in Serie A and hopefully make the knock outs of the CL in a few seasons time. At least that's the long game that both @NickyViola and I are hoping they're playing. Like all other things, time will tell.

20. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    lol

You don't have the manager for your ambitions.

21. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You don't think it was that he never really had the talent needed? :sneaky:

I think he should at least get one season with these new kids. He'll at least play them.

22. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Absolutely.

I'd like to see him get several.

23. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    lol.

What I'd really like to see are these big name coaches take a young or small market team and make them winners. What would Pep do with your team, for example, or the likes of Sassuolo or Sampdoria? Or Maurice at Man U?

24. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I never hear this mentioned but a problem, I think, (at least compared to American sports) is that players and coaches move to a side to benefit on what that team did the season previous.

No one in MLB asks to get traded to the Cubs so that he can play in the following season's Champion's League or to visit the White House or whatever. Sure, guys want to go to a team that they think will be successful -- but not to go to reap the direct benefits of the team's success a year earlier.

Falc and Calcio Pauly repped this.
  25. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nice one. Raiola disagrees. Hopefully the Dolla doesn't fall for that trap.