Rumor: Summer 2013 transfer 'Schnack und Klön' thread [R]

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by WinniWerder, May 24, 2013.

1. Aluscardum

Aluscardum Member

May 31, 2009
    British Columbia
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Bild has several articles linking Contento with Werder. Petersen and Ekici (both formerly of Bayern,) have responded favourably to the suggestion.

2. Sladoled -62-

Sladoled -62- Member

May 20, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Thanks Winni appreciate that. I can not wait to start Bundesliga:) and match with Eintracht Braunschweig. They came from the Bundesliga 2. and I do not know how match will look, but I think we'll win:D. What do you think Winnio_O?
    There were rumors that Arnautovic could go to England, specifically in West Ham. According the tranfermarkt.de the chances are 24%.
    Chances to Diego Contento go to Werder do not move, following this site, the chances are 33%.
    Johannes Vurtz could go to VFR Aalen, and did not play a Bundesliga match for Werder:(. The chances are 56%. In Serbia, there are many similar cases. For example, Manchester City player, Matija Nastasic went to England and he did not play a match for Partizan in Serbian league. Another example, Serbia U-21 team last night he won the European Championship!!! Mitrovic did not play a match for Partizan and he is going to Andrelecht.
    Denni Avdic is 79% chances to go to AZ Alkmaar. I think he will go to Netherlands:(.

3. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    The rumors about Johannes Wurtz to Aalen are about a loan deal, not a real transfer.

4. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    The Daily Mail reports Arnautovic turned down a West Ham Utd offer. Not because of financial reasons, but because of the clubs prestige. The source also reports that Spanish clubs are also interested in signing him.

Hopefully these clubs have enough prestige for Mr. Wunderkind. :confused:

5. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And it looks like Avdic to Alkmaar is confirmed. - Cool.

Lets use this cash to build bring in new blood.

6. SlantNGo

SlantNGo Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why is everyone so eager to get rid of Arnautovic?

7. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    He's been a consistent underperformer with an inflated price-tag. We could get a decent chunk of change for him because he has the potential to be really good. But I think he may have overstayed his welcome at Werder. I for one am in favor of selling him and bringing in someone else more effective to pair with Peterson.

Any word on the fee for Avdic?

8. buddenbohm

buddenbohm Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Brooklyn via Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    No, but he was introduced today at AZ. So if they can sell Arto quickly, we have some cash-money to go out and get some talent still.

9. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Avdics transfer fee is not high, but his salary can be invested otherwise.
    I think it could be a good move for him. In Holland there even mediocre strikers can score ~10 goals/season, because the teams there play quite offensively.

10. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Lucas Barrios moved to Spartak Moscow, Arnautovic is linked with Espanyol Barcelona and for the left back position cnadidates are Diego Contento (Bayern) and oldie John Arne Riise (Fulham).

11. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    It seems Werder is really interested in signing Riise from Fulham. I follow the EPL only from time to time and have no clue about his form (hope he is no second Silvestre), but his experience and the mentality he showed especially at his LFC times could help our team.

But if he is interested to join and the transfer works, we have way too many LBs.Hartherz or Röcker should then be sent on loan to a 2. BL or 3. Liga side, while the other trains with the pro team and collects experience in our reserve.

12. Sladoled -62-

Sladoled -62- Member

May 20, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees. Win.
    I saw the full match.
    Ekici played really good. He was everywere in the pitch. Caldirola played great. He cutted some Braunschweig passes. He saved us in 85. min. Juno did not play nothing special, but he scored a great goal in 82 min. I am very happy. Keep it up:thumbsup:!!!
    Me, after the win:[​IMG]

Aluscardum, timh19 and "Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  13. Aluscardum

Aluscardum Member

May 31, 2009
    British Columbia
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Your enthusiasm is the best!

14. Aluscardum

Aluscardum Member

May 31, 2009
    British Columbia
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I remember Riise being quite good a few years ago with Liverpool, but I have no idea what his recent form has been like. As soon as I saw the rumour, I thought of Silvestre as well. Another washed up EPLer isn't going to help us--especially if it stalls the development of our youngsters!

15. SlantNGo

SlantNGo Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Left back isn't even close to our biggest need. We need wingers. Badly. Especially if Arnautovic is on his way out.

I'm not sure what kind of a formation we were playing against Braunschweig, but sometimes I saw Petersen up top with Hunt on the wing, Hunt up top with Petersen on the wing, and after Elia came on, Elia up top with Petersen on the wing. Petersen should never be on the wing. Interchange wingers sure, but leave Petersen up top!

16. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't want Riise, way past his peak and not exactly the kind of player we need. Would likely be a Silvestre kind of signing, hence rather pointless.

Agree with SlantGo, we desperately need to add some quality and pace to our attacking game, we seriously need some creativity and unpredictability.

17. Sladoled -62-

Sladoled -62- Member

May 20, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    According the transfermarkt.de Werder Bremen is interest in another LB. It is Valencienes player, Gaëtan Bong. He is 25-year old left back, who can also plays CB or DMF. Following this site his value is about 2.500.000 €. The chances are unknown.
    Many Spanish teams are interest in Marko Arnautovic: FC Sevilla (25%), Valencia (25%), Real Sociedad (20%), Esp. Barcelona (14%), UD Levante (9%).

18. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    We are connected with Argentine Franco Di Santo. Di Santo (24 years old target man) was until summer at Wigan Athletic and could join as a free transfer.

19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    A towering striker...Hugo Almeida 2.0?

Anyways, should be an automatic upgrade over Akpala.

20. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Franco Di Santo...... there was a time where he was beyond useless but in the last year or so, I think he has improved. He was even called up to the Argentina's senior team.I dont think he will ever be a top player though. I would rather play Fuellkrug.

21. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hurting Füllkrug's playing time and chances at CF spot

22. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Franco Di Santo joined as a free transfer and got a three years contract.
    http://www.werder.de/de/profis/news/45930.php

There must be a reason why he was without club, but I wish him all the best at us green-whites. :)

Bienvenidos Franco y mucha suerte!!!

23. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't know the player and hence can't say if and how he is going to help us. But he's a free transfer so the risk shouldn't be too high.

What we lack is creativity and unpredictability though. If Arnautovic leaves, we need a quality replacement, but the transfer window is closing pretty soon.

I really liked Yildirim yesterday playing for the German U21 team. Hopefully, Dutt will give him some playing time this season, he could add that bit of creative spark and skill we so desperately need...

24. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I would not be surprised, if Di Santo is the replacement for Arnautovic (or Akpala).
    I hope Werder saves money for the creative player hackespitze described, our strikers need to be feeded.

25. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So uh...can we still get another attacking creative player and a left back?

I think Bayern will still let Contento go, even with Gustavo's departure - no reason they couldn't pick up another decent player if they needed to.