Rumor: Summer 2013 transfer 'Schnack und Klön' thread [R]

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by WinniWerder, May 24, 2013.

1. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm swamped with work this week and weekend - thanks for the update, these are all sound moves. Thorsten will be a great boost for the team.

2. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    According to the kicker Werder is interested in Matej Vydra. The 21 years old Czech is under contract at Udinese Calcio and was last year on loan at Watford. He scored there 22 goals in the Championship and became MVP of the year. He can play as central forward, but also as offensive winger/forward). Some Premier League clubs are connected with him as well, so he would not be a cheap option.

kicker.de

Bild reports PAOK Saloniki is interested in signing Eljero Elia. Saloniki is trained by Durch coach Huub Stevens and has a rich owner. The article says that Werder would demand 6 million € transfer fee and thanks to the rich owner Saloniki could pay it. But the article also states that Eichin denied that a club has made bid so far.

4. Sladoled -62-

Sladoled -62- Member

May 20, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Vydra's agent: "We're in touch with Werder Bremen"

Joined back Udinese after the brilliant season spent playing for Watford, Czech international striker Matej Vydra's (21) future is still wounded with doubts. Interviewed by Bild, Ondrej Chovanec, his agent, stated: "We've been in touch with Werder Bremen for last 2-3 weeks. At the time Bundesliga is the best championship worldwide, and Andrej would like to join it. A loan with a hiring purchase option would be the best option, for both Werder and us, but the final decision is up to Udinese". Currently on a deal with Italian club until June 2014, the player has been drawn towards Arsenal, Cardiff City, Everton, Norwich City, Sunderland, Tottenham, Freiburg and Wolfsburg as well.

5. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Vydra is screaming, "SHUTUP AND SIGN ME...NOW!" And isn't this the part where Scheisske announces they've signed him? Happens every year :(

8. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And isn't it about time Bremen went on a spending spree or are they waiting to see if Elia transfers and then make the move? This has been the best nibble we've had in a months and fills that front end nicely and with credibility. DO IT! Make me proud Weder and bag one of those trophy fish you need so badly!​
    edit* I think Bremen is an attractive option against any club :inlove:

9. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What do you think they're asking for this guy? 10 M Euro? I think its time to shatter the transfer record and ride the Bundesliga wave thats surging right now. At least this is proven talent...anyways, gotta go to work at the German club! I'm volunteering repairs to the clubhouse and I should remember to get a picture of the football Halle where I drink and watch the games...coffee ;). Hey, 8:30 in the morning is a might early for lagers but I'll have one if they sign Vydra! Later dudes!!

"Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  10. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Gazzetto dello Sports links us with Luca Caldirola. The 22 years old central defender is under contract at Inter, but was last season loaned to Brescia Calcio (Serie B, made 36 matches).
    Defenders taught in Italy are always interesting options, but that guy was at the U21 Euro captain of the Italian team. I don't expect Inter to sell him or send him on loan without buying option.

11. Aluscardum

Aluscardum Member

May 31, 2009
    British Columbia
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Sunderland reportedly made an 8mio bid for Vydra and was rejected. If that's the case, he's out of Werder's price range, unless we look at loaning him.

12. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nice report, Winni. That German club must be great.

About Vydra, the asked transfer fee would be very high and although reports say he is good at the wing, his favorite position seems to be central forward and there he blocks Petersen and Füllkrug. So very interesting player, but only a realistic option as a loan as Aluscardum said. And that option is sadly unrealistic because he has only 2 years contract left, so Udinese (who own the transfer rights) would make less money if the wait with a sell, but set him on loan. So they would get money for a more developed player. Makes no sense to me, only chance is in my eyes that he extends his contract and agrees to be set on loan again. Sounds sadly like a hoax for me, where Werder is used to increase the demanded transfer fee or strengthen the players position in contract negotiations.

About Caldirola I have also doubts. Not so much about the transfer fee (should be comparable with the young Italien Donati who joined Leverkusen, which was 3 million €), but he should have many options, especially after the U21 Euro took place this month.

Both rumors fit to a statement of Eichin that Werder looks besides experienced players on youngsters who aren't that much in the focus yet.

Edit - Mistake at my earlier post: It does not make sense for Inter to sell him or set him on loan with buying option for the other club.

13. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Milan, among others, are interested in DiNatale of Udinese although he says he wants to stay. But he is 35 years old and Vydra is his heir apparent so Udinese has 2 reasons to keep him (Vydra). Plus success in the English 2nd division doesn't necessarily translate to success at a higher level. It may or may not, but 8-10 mil is a hefty price to pay to find out.

14. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ..we know what Bremen has already (not much) and if there is equally a good chance that Vydra could net a club 10 M as well as lose it. In the end if there's no buy option it is another de Bruyne situation, whilst we need a structure and not so much an individual player...8 MIL ALREADY! Geez it sucks to be us when we're out of the race before the starter gun even goes off!! 5 years boys, its gonna be a long five years of growing pains before anything surreal happens...what the heck...Charlie Sheen for President!

15. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    There is another striker rumor: Alfred Finnborgason from SC Heerenveen.

These are his 24 goals in last seasons Eerendivisie (Dutch league).

16. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Former Dortmund star striker Lucas Barrios can leave Guangzhou Evergrande (China) as a free transfer. That would be a nice signing, but he sadly does not fit into our salary structure. :(

17. Aluscardum

Aluscardum Member

May 31, 2009
    British Columbia
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    We're linked with so many strikers, that it seems Eichin is no fan of Akpala.

We've also signed a talented youngster, Florian Grillitsch (17 year old Austrian,) so here is hoping he develops well.

18. Aluscardum

Aluscardum Member

May 31, 2009
    British Columbia
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Barrios is attractive, but he is so money-hungry that I suspect he'd do more harm than good to the club.

19. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Some nice footage and the kid is so talented but the defence in the Dutch League these days! There's no defender anywhere near him...I hope that is a testament to his being in the right place at the right time?

20. Sladoled -62-

Sladoled -62- Member

May 20, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Ready a 5 mlns offer for Elia

Liverpool are so close to sign the Dutch player, Eljero Elia of Werder Bremen, who has a buy-out clause about 30 million euros. Reds should agree with the German club for 5 million euros.

21. Aluscardum

Aluscardum Member

May 31, 2009
    British Columbia
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    If that's the case, we're taking a loss. Figures the HSV player would find a way to hurt us.

22. Aluscardum

Aluscardum Member

May 31, 2009
    British Columbia
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Reports are that Luca Caldirola is in Bremen for a physical.

Wasn't overly impressive in the U21s, but there's some obvious potential there. Although, I'd prefer a somewhat older defender to stabilize what will be a pretty young group. (Prodl, Mateo, Luki, etc., will need someone barking orders.)

23. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Press conference for Caldirolas signing at 6 PM CET. He will sign a contract until 2017.

Vydra won't join Werder according to Eichin and the players manager.

24. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
  25. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen