Summer 2012 Transfers and Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Umar, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    By the way, the price that Valencia is paying for Gago is 3.5 million Euros. Now, it makes perfect sense.

2. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think you're the one who doesn't get it. What you are insinuating here is that the Madrid front office chose to do a favor for Valencia at their OWN expense. To give some preference to valencia when you are making a deal with them is the exact same thing as to injure yourself.

What is more likely, Madrid has decided that Valencia is more important than themselves, they are too stupid or lazy to understand his value, or you are wrong and Madrid got the most money anyone was willing to offer? This type of thinking is really extraordinary in a negative sense.

ambro repped this.
  3. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    My word this is just too funny. More money is the best deal financially. Since 5>2, Valencia proposed us the best deal financially.

4. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    You must have seen the deal that was signed to know this.:rolleyes: I have read 11ME, 9ME, 7.5ME, and 5ME for the two combined. Who the fcuk knows exactly what the deal is. Bottom line is that those negotiating on our club's behalf have determined their offer met our valuation. If they thought we could get more from another club between now and the remainder of the window, I am unconditionally certain that we would have waited patiently.

5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Make sure you tuck that crystal ball in a safe place before you sleep at night. You're too smart for your own good. Anyway, I'm out.

6. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    Excellent, so we paid 4.5 ME for Canales, and got 11.5 ME for both Gago and Canales. To me that equates to 7 ME for Gago, regardless of how the money is split up in the contract. Canales didn't do jack shit here, all he's done since we bought him is tear his ACL twice. If you want to believe we gave them a cut price deal on Gago and made money on Canales, be my guest. I'll take the viewpoint that we broke even with Canales and sold Gago for the same 7 ME clause that we agreed on with Roma for the purchase at the end of his loan. Good deal by the club, excellent negotiations.

7. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I really don't understand the argument you've been trying to make. What is it exactly? Are you seriously saying that Madrid intentionally sabataged themselves for the sake of Valencia? That there was a great offer out there, but instead decided that in order to help valencia and hurt themsevles they would take less money and sell to Valencia?

8. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    That is exactly what they're saying. We obviously just want to be friends with Valencia so are giving them a great deal. If that was the case, why we didn't just give them away for free is beyond me.

9. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sometimes when you spell it out simply, it's too stupid for anyone to believe.

10. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    From my 'sidewalk lunch with Madrid reps' comment to my 'nice, objective discussion' comment ... my post was an attempt at sarcasm.

11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What if Roma played the waiting game and got him on loan again on August 31? I think that was their plan after bidding 3 M. Gago earns 4 ME net so I am happy with offloading him for 3.5 ME and get his wages off our book. Clubs know they can get our players for cheap or nothing and that's exactly what happened with the likes of VDV, Drenthe, Gago, Pedro Leon in the past. Also Gago was willing to take a pay cut and agreed for 2.3 ME(maybe due to Pellegrino and Argentine connection) while he took only a 300k cut at Roma last year and we had to pay half of his 3.7 ME wages. This deal makes a lot of sense financially.

ambro repped this.
  12. nicafornica

nicafornica Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i don't know who the fuuck said this

"Real Madrid is a not a player selling club".
    They are right. It is just not the club's strategy. Our focus is not on selling players. Our focus is on winning. fuuuck the rest.

ambro repped this.
  13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

http://www.marca.com/2012/06/06/en/football/real_madrid/1338970352.html

There's no guarantee Gago would have agreed to take such a paycut at Roma. They are not a CL club and he made us pay 1.85 ME out of our own pockets while he was playing for Roma. Glad we didn't sell to those Roman cheapskates and lose further money. Now we got 3.5 ME and got his 4 ME wage out of our books. Win-Win.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We had a manager poke another team's staff member in the eye, spare me this bullshit "holier than thou act". We don't have to deal with anybody and certainly not Valencia and we do have preferences in how we deal with some.

I guess if barca strolls by and asks us about the availability of Sahin we should sit down and quickly thrash out a deal which they stand to benefit from as well too, huh? :rolleyes:

Before you say "well barca is are rivalz!!1", If you followed Madrid long enough you would have some kind of comprehension why Valencia gets no love. Enemy is still enemy.

Oh, I've done the math. You know shit about this club's history, past conflicts or what goes on yet consistently find yourself in the middle of long ass arguments from thread to thread which have something to do with or surrounding this subject. What I have said is they are an enemy of the club so giving them what seemed to be an easy road is a turnoff considering history has dictated that Florentino pardons some of these enemy clubs because he is always trying to be a "friend".

What you have stated has nothing to do with this and you are just running around in circles like a dog after its own tail.

Apparently you can't comprehend who said what, because I never brought up or discussed wages. I am talking specifically about what I spoke of above.

This is the last time I will re-explain this to you.

They waited a month and go an offer of 1.5 million more. Who says they couldn't have waited a little bit longer, made Valencia sweat at least or gotten a better offer?

Well, unless your crystal ball is telling you something no one else knows.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    First of all, since we are so good at assuming what would happen, who says that Gago would prefer going to Rome instead of Valencia? For all we know, he didn't go to Rome because it was his preferred destination, he went there because it was the best he had at the time.

From a players perspective, it would have been really really difficult to convince him to go back to Roma instead of Valencia. He sounded really convinced to join them, and in case of us refusing, we would have made even less money, considering the player would have not took part in pre season with us, and would have been busy giving interviews and making comments through his agent that would drop his value.

He went to his preferred destination, which is good for him, and the club got as much as they figured was the right amount for the player.

I don't see where the problem is.We didn't strengthen an "enemy", we got rid of a problem.

16. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am a Gago fan and although he isn't exactly going to take Valencia to the next level, I'd rather not sell to Valencia. Of course, that is assuming there are other clubs also interested.

17. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Goal.com is reporting that Joselu is close to joining Hoffenheim for 8 mio € Not a bad money for somebody who has no experience outside the third division, but...:

1) What is our plan with Castilla for the forthcoming season?
    2) Why are we selling our youngsters and not old farts like Carvalho, Kaka and Lass

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If we have a buyback it's a good deal. The players that stay a while and then leave Hoffenheim tend to have a successful career.

19. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    What are you talking about? There were players promoted to Castilla and we just took up a loan on an interesting RB prospect Fabinho to replace Carvajal. We're also still looking to sign Ruben Pardo and maybe Inigo Martiniez from Sociedad as well and I imagine we're looking to sign a striker as well once the Joselu deal goes through. I imagine there is still movement out of Castilla to be made, particularly Juanfran but I imagine we'll replace him as well. Castilla is looking different but good and set to give it a go in the Segunda.

To get them first division experience maybe? Granted we could work a player or two into the first team but there is no way we'd be able to give decent time to Morata, Joselu, and Carvajal even if we sold "old farts" to make room for them.

sleepyvato50 and raven3k repped this.
  20. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Which is why players like Arbeloa, Callejon, Granero, De La Red etc had to spend time away gain the experience and come back as very useful players.

From the first 3 you can see this plan works really well.

Don't really understand why people are against these deals since this will accelerate their development.

On the other hand we have already made 19.5 Million euros based on the transfer activity that will happen:
    http://www.defensacentral.com/real_...uros-marca-venta-gago-canales-altintop-turco/

Modric has refused to travel to the US:
    http://www.defensacentral.com/real_...aneros-tottenham-londres-fichaje-villas-boas/

21. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    I never though Joselu would ever play for the first team anyway :D.

There was a perfect opportunity to promote Carvajal, but like usual we decided not to trust our youngsters. I agree with the rest, it would be difficult to give Morata and Joselu playing time they need.

22. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I was gonna wait until a new signing to close this one but the last few pages have been so much fun that i don't think it'll get any better than that.

Good people of BigSoccer, start a new thread.

P.S: mymy33. This is what happens when we don't have our annual Muppet of the Year competition.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Either way, we could buy him back and sell him on, like we did with Negredo. :)