Summer 2012 Transfers and Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Umar, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toppler

toppler Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    elaborate

2. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ^ Your post was kinda ambiguous lol.

I agree we dont have to get Maicon, he is just an option. He is better than most RBs out there and would give us a different type of player compared to Arbeloa. With his age, hopefully he can add a bit of experience to our young squad and also not keep Carvajal out of the first team for long.

Alternatively, we can keep Arbeloa, who wasnt terrible last season, but Maicon would be an upgrade with little to no risk.

3. toppler

toppler Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The fact of the matter is that Arbeloa has won the Euro Cup and World cup with Spain and sadly Maicon sits bench for Alves at Brazil

4. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Of course we will keep Arbeloa but let's keep it real, Alvaro on his best day is "good enough" to be our starting RB, nothing more. Maicon is the better all-around player even at "advanced" age and would provide depth and competition for the spot that was sorely missing last season and for which we suffered needlessly at times.

5. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Arbeloa won those things sitting on he bench as well no? Up until this tourney Ramos has been the strting RB for Spain.

And the only reason Maicon is "sitting" for Alves is because Brazil's head coach is a damn donkey without even the sense God gave a brick. If you read anyhthing more into his exclusion than I don't know what to say...

6. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    You'd think squad depth would be quite an easy thing to get your head around.

libertao repped this.
  7. toppler

toppler Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wait a second I thought Arbeloa played the majority of the season (26 games) for the best team in the world meanwhile Maicon played 24 of his club's games and finished a fantastic 9th place in the League, also considering Maicon is supposed to be an attacking fullback 2 goals this season really shows he's not that good and in actuality. Arbeloa isn't an attacking RB at all but he is defensively more solid and is far more knowledgable than Maicon even with being younger

8. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maicon would be a good and cheap addition that doesn't hinder Carvajal's progress considering his age.

9. toppler

toppler Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dani Alves is clearly the better player than Maicon even being a Real Madrid fan you have to acknowledge that Alves though a prick is a good football player.
    (I was hoping you wouldn't bring up he sat on the bench ;))
    Still Arbeloa is a great player not nearly as good as Ramos or Pepe or Marcelo but you have to respect the ability needed to play in the best league in the world and succeed which Arbeloa did/does

10. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Man, if you're going to use this kind of "logic" and that silly NT argument than there's no sense discussing this.

Alma Merengue repped this.
  11. toppler

toppler Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    yeah the whole making sense and comparing players in a manner of ability and respective leagues they played in logic is stupid
    def not worth disscussing

12. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    While we're at it, why don't we take this opportunity to cut down on wages and bring a little cash in, and cut the squad down to 11 players. There is clearly only room for one player per position in this squad, and competition only aids in unsettling our players. It's a shame to see so many great players leave, and Altintop, but they just aren't better than their first XI equivalent, and so they have no place in this squad.

13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    LOL come on now, that kind of logic doesn't even work with little kids. Yes, the success of Madrid and Inter solely depended on Arbeloa and Maicon....

14. toppler

toppler Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like your username.
    but I'm not saying that I'm just saying Arbeloa has played at a higher level and has been picked for the XI at a higher level more often.
    LOL come on now!

15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    ^^ He was picked because we have no other RB's since Sergio Ramos has moved to CB. Had we another RB, he would have been benched midway through the season.

How did he perform? :rolleyes:

No one is getting rid of Arbeloa, we're just getting another alternative which provides something different, gives us depth and still allows Carvajal time to get in this first team in some seasons. I don't know what is so hard to understand. :confused:

16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Arbeloa was not brought in to be the starting RB. Ramos had that spot locked in. As a rotation player his first year with Madrid, he was fantastic. Carvalho shat his pants, we were forced to move Ramos to CB, and since there are no other alternatives, Arbeloa came to be the default choice for RB. That's why he was "picked for the XI at a higher level". He didn't have a great season by any stretch of the imagination, and splitting time with Maicon will do good for the form of both players.

17. toppler

toppler Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    very well for those of us whom actually watch the games

18. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
  19. toppler

toppler Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What about Barcalona Real Madrid's second league match (probs the only one you guys watch) when Arbeloa successfully shut down Inestia and Messi when they went to the right side? he def sucks guys you're right

20. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    ^^^ Attacking the swarm in this forum? Either you're a troll or an idiot. Zidane05 has probably seen more Shaktar Donetsk reserve matches then you Real Madrid.

Quite obvious you don't watch the games. :p

Had you watched the games you would never have said that because "very well" doesn't describe anything Arbeloa did this season whether it is attacking or defending.

21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Well apparently he's the only who watched our games this season. My job here is done; my argument is officially invalid.

22. toppler

toppler Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Got me you guys are right Arbeloa sucks so bad lulz

23. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Not just our games dummy, he's watched Inter too how else could he come to such a comprehensive and logical conclusion?

That stat about Arbs being selected to starting XI more times? My mind = blown, how do you even refute that?

24. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Did you ask your mother if you could use the internet before you logged on to BS? :mad:

25. toppler

toppler Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    brb gotta think of something to say back