Summer 2012 Transfers and Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Umar, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I feel you underestimate Barcelona's stupidity :ROFLMAO:

2. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Besides, when has El Mundo Deportivo ever been right about us? :rolleyes:

3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    LOL @ them claiming Arsenal offered 40 ME for Gotze. Someone should tell Wenger that. :D

4. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I was under the impression that Gotze was getting a bad rap because of how often he gets injured - to the point where it was impacting other clubs' interest and/or the price they'd pay. I don't think any of that would impact us, because I don't see it happening regardless.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All transfer rumors stopped spreading when he extended his contract. He's earning quite a bit now so it's unreasonable to think that anybody will sign him.

6. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Are Dortmund in a financial situation now that they can do that?

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They don't need to sell him. If somebody offers an obscene amount of money then they will sell the player, but they don't have to sell anybody right now. Even the money from Kagawa wasn't invested in players, they built a new fanshop, improved the youth team facilities and made a few other totally boring investments.

9Qui repped this.
  8. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What was the Kagawa fee anyway?

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    15 million i think with certain bonuses to take it to 20 million.

10. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    I would argue that buying Reus could be considered investing the money from Kagawa, by the time they bought him they had a pretty good idea that Kagawa would leave at the end of the year. I get your point though, that they are in a good financial situation and don't need to sell to balance the books.

11. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    As much as I'd like to see Gotze move to Madrid, I think the chances of that have become close to null after he signed the extension.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They got the money for Reus by selling Barrios.

13. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    WRT finances there is the perception that the German clubs carry much less debt and more stable than Italy, Spain or England; is this true? and if so can some one offer an explanation regarding why?

14. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    German efficiency, they're known for it.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The regulations to get a Bundesliga license are a bit tighter than it is in Spain or in Italy. The perception of German clubs being wealthier and more stable comes from the political situation in Europe (where it's pretty much Germany being "the boss") . Bayern are still the only German club with a serious chance of winning the Champions League next season, and probably the season after that.

The fact that smaller clubs in Germany are financially tidy is a myth. The club of the German capital is probably the best example for financial mismanagement. Also Hamburg, for example.

16. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I get that, but I am under the impression that there is a real concern over his 'sturdiness' (not sure how else to phrase it). Good for with the extension though, he is a good player.

17. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    They got money from selling both Barrios and Kagawa. They spent money on Reus. How can you attribute the money they spent on one or the other? Money is money.

18. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Because they sold Barrios, signed Reus and then sold Kagawa? :confused:

19. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    Except that they confirmed the signing of Reus before they had confirmed the sale of either Kagawa or Barrios... They mostly knew that both were on their way out at the end of the season, but Reus' purchase was confirmed before either sale.

Additionally, Reus cost more than the transfer fee they are receiving for Barrios. Any way you look at it, you can't say that they didn't reinvest some of the Kagawa money on Reus.

9Qui repped this.
  20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Barrios was in negotiations with Premier League clubs while they sealed the transfer of Reus. He had agreed with a club, but they didn't quite get there as far as his wage demands go.

Barrios transfer fee is undisclosed, anything you read are rumors and speculations. Reus cost them 17 million Euro, even if they got half that from the Barrios transfer, they won the League, the Cup, and qualified directly for the Champions League which means they could very easily afford Reus even without selling Kagawa. Additionally, their yearly wage budget is in a different level to Bayern's for example, so that's another reason why the money they make from a successful run has more value for them.

They said it themselves that the money from the Kagawa transfer will not be invested into a new player.

21. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    AS journalist Manu Sainz says that Mourinho does not want Maicon:
    http://www.defensacentral.com/real_...icon-interes-portugues-lateral-equipo-fichar/

Slightly unrelated news Jose and Mendes pictured together:
    [​IMG]

Possibly discussing some special deals with Mendes????

PSG interested in purchasing Gago:
    http://www.defensacentral.com/real_...lan-contrato-argentino-centrocampista-fichar/

Benzema saying that Higuain is going nowhere:
    http://www.defensacentral.com/real_...im-benzema-higuain-concentracion-con-francia/

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Same thing i believe.

Mourinho's son will look exactly like his father when he grows up.

That will make it at least two players i like from them. Nene is the other one.

It was on AS too. I thought it was a cool move from him.

23. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    All I'm saying is at the end of the day, money is money. You could just as easily say that they essentially traded Kagawa for Reus (similar transfer fees), and are reinvesting the Barrios and League/Cup/CL money elsewhere. It's irrelevant which way you look at it.

And especially since, like I said, that Reus was bought before either player was actually sold, it's not really accurate to attribute his purchase to either Kagawa's or Barrios' transfer fees. Regardless, the take home point is that they are in a good financial state and don't need to sell to balance the books. All the other details don't matter.

24. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Right. But they still tabled Kagawa an improved offer to renew after they bought Reus. :D