SUM may grant MLS the FMF's 3rd slot to the Copa Libertadores

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by Deleted USer, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    NYC cosmos

I am still wondering why you have not responded to that ARTICLE that I posted from 1999 stating that private Mexican companies throw around more than 500 US million dollars a year JUST on league play (not including copa america, gold cup, copa libertadorres, etc).

that article alone disproves your point that the Mexican league DOES NOT depend on the US market which is why you think that the FMF is at the mercy of SUM.

2. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

because its convenient to do so for his argument.

3. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    it was rhetorical. I know why he has not responded to that article.

What gave those figures legitimacy is that the study was conducted by 2 independent and separate companies that had clients that advertised with the MFL/FMF. They knew what type of money was being thrown around because they could base it off what their OWN clients were paying.

In 1998 when the MFL started to play the Copa Libertadores, the US Spanish TV market was not equipped nor ready to offer what they offer now.

4. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i mean wat can you do to defend agaisnt evidence just push it aside

5. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I just wanted to emphasize on his pathetic spazzness

6. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There are several factors for why I havent answered. I'll explain:

1. Your contention that I believe that the Mexican League depends on the US market is WRONG. You twisted this to make your point somewhere along the way. When you stop twisting my words I'll be MORE than glad to continue this conversation with you.

2. I've learned that Rafael Hernandez, being a moderator in this forum uses his power to censor the posts that he doesnt like and agree with.

3. I've been sick and trying to catch up on sleep. I haven't been glued to the computer.

7. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The FMF is not stupid. They signed with SUM because its to their benefit. SUM=MLS. MLS controls soccer in the USA now. So it was wise and in their best interest to have MLS control their soccer appearances in the USA. Not to mention SuperLiga and InterLiga. Also its in the best interest of the FMF that the upcoming CCC plays out well and succeeds. The soccer market in the US is up for grabs and the FMF wants to be a player. The hispanic market is the strongest and most financially viable one in the US, they want to continue having their cut. FMF will use SUM to help further their share/cut/control of the pie.
    SUM/MLS was poised to take control of the USA soccer market. FMF didnt want to lose their share. As much as you may want to think that Mexican teams were and have been in the US market for years, MLS wasnt around back then. Now they are the new player on the block. FMF is smart and is simply paying its respects.

8. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Seriously man, WTF are you talking about?

9. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    This is what you posted

Take your own advise and take responsibility for your own statements.

That article that I posted was published by La Jornada in 1999. At that time, the Mexican teams had just participated their 2nd time around.

You stated in various forms that CONMEBOL wanted the Mexican clubs because of the US market. You also stated that the money is coming from the US market and not the viewship in Mexico. DID YOU NOT WRITE THAT?

I do not know how you were educated, but the way I was educated is that you back up your claims with evidence. The article that I posted stated that 2 independent marketing/ad agencies (one foreign and one domestic) conducted a study and found that 500 M USD (half a billion US dollars) was being generated by the networks just on LEAGUE play in a single year. Those figures did not include other tournaments such as Copa America, Confederations, etc). They came to their findings based on what their own clients were paying. That is pretty conclusive evidence that the viewship in Mexico is strong.

I understand perfectly why you do not want to respond nor acknowledge those figures because you would like to hold on to the notion that its not the viewship in Mexico that counts. Afterall, if the viewship in the US is what matters, then it proves your point that SUM is in control. You keep harping on and on about SUM controlling the FMF's marketing and promotional rights in the US. DO you even know what that even means? In layman terms, SUM is nothing more than a glorified real estate agent--they do not own anything, are at the mercy of both the buyer and the seller.

But hey, don't listen to me, what would I know... listen to Enrique Arribas, director of marketing for Santander...afterall he did say the following

10. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    as always, NYC_COSMOS is owned into his pathetic delusional little oblivion

11. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002

The guy is just a troll that keeps using straw men and red herrings. Let see on who or what he blames this ownage on.

You all shouldn't respond him and get this thread back on track to what it was really about. I'm thinking of getting it back on track and handing out infractions if not.

12. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    sent via pm to lmvcp

13. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    why the edit??? you dont believe that the mexicans dont have to dish out for the sky, or the direct tv, or telecable??

14. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I've been censored. If you want an answer to your question PM me.

15. TrDm1n3r

TrDm1n3r Member+

Dec 8, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    Club América
    FYP

16. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Rafael post #190 isnt trolling? How come he's not infracted? Oh yes is it because he's of your opinion? I figured as much?

17. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    If he called you a "sudaca" personal insults or because of your race he would be. But if he is making fun of the content of your post or the fact that you are totalling using diversion like the fact you get "censored" as to why you can't respond when you just called out, that isn't.

And stop whining is getting old and we are getting tired of it.

18. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Are you inferring that I'm a sudaca?

19. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I didnt see a warning or infraction handed out at post #129.

20. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    That was your complaint was it not? That they were saying that? I'm just informing you what it was and as I said I'm getting tired of your whining so end it.

21. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    whining = calling you out on how you handle this board with biased leanings.
    if thats whining then so be it. anyhow im unsubscribing. im done with this nonsense. im sure all of you will be pleased.

22. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Calling me out? Shut it, everyone saw you for what you are; a guy who no answer for all your baseless arguments so you complain about being censored or cry that they changed what you wrote, etc etc. A bunch of excuses to cover up the fact that you got owned totally and you were talking out of your ass. So spare me the BS and shut up with the excuses.

23. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^^ I agree. That is why i am also unsubscribing.

24. madnetic redded

madnetic redded Red Card

Nov 4, 2007
    lol damn the truth hurt don't it.

25. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Oh my, I need to come to this side of the forum more often. Nice going LMvCP.